The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

5 Years!

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
5 Years!

Congratulations, GtG!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

And hopefully many more years to come.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Question, was there cake?

It's not a celebration if you don't have cake.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

They brought CornCakes!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Five years! That's almost a century, give or take nine or ten decades!

Congratulations on your 1/20th Centenary smiley

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It really is pretty awesome. laugh Very happy for all the GtG folks!

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Congratulations!  You guys rock!

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

jajd2c

Congratulations!

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Congratulations

Trajector
Trajector's picture

May your work not feel like work for many years to come!

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I remember when I met them, oh in 2012ish, when Rook City was already printed at PAX East.

Now, they are all grown up. COngrats guys, I'm glad I got on the bandwagon early enough to see you go throughout all those wonderful events.

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

Congrats guys!

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Julia
Playtester

I vividly remember walking into my back-then FLGS in early 2012 after just having been introduced to the game and asking if they stock SotM and the guy says: "Normally, yes, but there is a supply shortage right now. The company that makes the game is just three guys in a basement."

Semper ludens.

BaloTheJester
BaloTheJester's picture

I remember, four years ago, being at a friend's bachelor party, where all he wanted to do was play board games. And the best man had brought this game, Sentinels of the Multiverse, that he thought one of the other guys at the party would really like. He brought it out, and I was intrigued, but I wasn't quite sure. They told me I should try this guy, the Savage Haka, and we played a round. Then we tried to play Arkham Horror, the game I had been asked to bring and that we were all really excited about.

Midway through that game, we all saw that we were pretty iredeemably losing, and we all considered if it was worth the extra couple of hours. And then the bachelor-to-be looked at all of us, and said "Can we play more Sentinels of the Multiverse?"

I bought the first edition of the game, and Rook City, the second I got home from the party, and I showed it to my girlfriend immediately. Then I bought the Enhanced Edition and Infernal Relics the second I could get my hands on it. And now, four years later, that girlfriend is my wife; we have bi-monthly gaming nights where Sentinels always brings down the house; and I'm looking at a picture of OblivAeon, and I've never gotten sick of this game, and I'm just marveling that this beautiful chapter of my life is coming to an end -- and that, in another way, it never has to.

Thank you, GtG, for building this part of our lives. Thank you for letting us save the Multiverse.

“We've always known we'd eventually be called upon to open our shirts and save the day, and the superhero was a crude, hopeful attempt to talk about how we all might feel on that day of great power, and great responsibility.”
- Grant Morrison

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I remember walking into my FLGS in late July of 2011. At the time I didn't have any board games of my own and only played ones my friends had. The first edition of Sentinels of the Multiverse was near the front of the store and was one of the first games I saw. It looked really neat, I had also recently started playing Champions Online a lot so Super Heroes were really on my mind at the time. I decided to walk around the store to see what else was there. I kept finding my way back to Sentinels of the Multiverse though. With a $40 price tag and my fugalness, it was quite difficult to determine if I wanted to buy something I had never heard of. I decided to flip a coin to determine whether or not I would buy it or leave the store with nothing. As you probably guessed, the coin resulted in a purchase. Best coin flip ever.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ronway wrote:

I remember walking into my FLGS in late July of 2011. At the time I didn't have any board games of my own and only played ones my friends had. The first edition of Sentinels of the Multiverse was near the front of the store and was one of the first games I saw. It looked really neat, I had also recently started playing Champions Online a lot so Super Heroes were really on my mind at the time. I decided to walk around the store to see what else was there. I kept finding my way back to Sentinels of the Multiverse though. With a $40 price tag and my fugalness, it was quite difficult to determine if I wanted to buy something I had never heard of. I decided to flip a coin to determine whether or not I would buy it or leave the store with nothing. As you probably guessed, the coin resulted in a purchase. Best coin flip ever.

Do you keep that coin in a plexi-glass case in a vault somewhere? Probably want to have it around for other important decisions.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

grysqrl wrote:

Do you keep that coin in a plexi-glass case in a vault somewhere? Probably want to have it around for other important decisions.

No, I used it to pay for Sentinels of the Multiverse. Hopefully the coin has brought as much joy to someone else as it did to me.

Aaron Stark

Newsman wept and told us...

I really hope at least one person gets that.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

my friend found this game at Gencon the second year they were there. He brought it back and taught us (our group at the time) how to play. He got in on the Infernal Relics kickstarter but had just missed the Rook city one. I was enthralled immediately. I started the wiki a couple months later and I didn't even own a copy of the game yet! Same with starting the Statistics project (Though i think I did that fist... I don't recall which). I got in on the shattered timelines expansion for the whole kittenkabodle and the rest is... well not history.

I met my now wife a little after that and taught her to play - I honestly think that teaching her to play and playing this game with her in my shitty one bed room apartment in the bad side of town is part of what helped our relationship blossom. There is more to it than that of course, but we had a lot of fun times playing on a small cardtable that barely fit between my computer desk and the sliding glass door, eating pizza and playing. We even beat Iron Legacy on our first attempt! 

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

I only found Sentinels last spring, while I was looking for good games that could be played by one player. I don't remember where/how I came across SotM specifically, but I started reading the BGG forum, and then looking for videos of people playing the game (of which I found three or four), found and purchased the video game, registered on the forum, then ordered every single SotM product there was.

I've introduced four people to the game (don't get many opportunities to play) and all of them loved it.

Bunston
Bunston's picture
Playtester

Belle Sorciere wrote:

I've introduced four people to the game (don't get many opportunities to play) and all of them loved it.

If you're looking for people to play with, you can always check out the Greater Than Games fan page on Google+. We play games over Google Hangouts, usually on Fridays, Saturdays, and/or Sunday at 11 Pacific time.

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Bunston wrote:

Belle Sorciere wrote:

If you're looking for people to play with, you can always check out the Greater Than Games fan page on Google+. We play games over Google Hangouts, usually on Fridays, Saturdays, and/or Sunday at 11 Pacific time.

Since he forgot the link

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117769941955241654989

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

Oh I am a member of that group already, I am just usually asleep at 11 am pacific.

With luck, my upcoming sleep study will help identify what's needed to resolve that.

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Aaron Stark wrote:

Newsman wept and told us...   I really hope at least one person gets that. 

Earth was really dying...

I've been thinking about the same song every time I see this thread title. :)

Aaron Stark

bobbertoriley wrote:

Aaron Stark wrote:
Newsman wept and told us...   I really hope at least one person gets that. 

Earth was really dying...  I've been thinking about the same song every time I see this thread title. :)

This pleases me! :)