The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels App

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lowendz113
Lowendz113's picture
Sentinels App

I was looking for a place to post this in the forum someplace, but I couldn't find it... Hopefully you guys don't object...

So, first and foremost, I love the app. It's great to be able to play as much as my little heart desires. But now I want to show off... 

My friends and I stated taking screen shots of our best wins, but I realized there is one thing miss: The turn count. It would be awesome if you guys could include that somewhere in the victory pane. 

HappiestMeal

I don't know if the app is the same as the PC version but I thought the PC version needed to say advanced somewhere if it was an advanced villain 

Lowendz113
Lowendz113's picture

Yes!!

Lowendz113
Lowendz113's picture

It may also be neat to see the hand size for each character too... I think that's pretty much all of the data you'd want to show off... 

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

personally i'd love to see a full stat sheet with stuff like Most Damage in a single turn, Most cards played in a single turn, ect. ect.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I think they plan to add features like that but are working towards getting the current expansions out first.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Yeah, we are planning to add end game stats display as well as a lot of stats related stuff. We'll get there =)

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

FoldedDice

HappiestMeal wrote:

I don't know if the app is the same as the PC version but I thought the PC version needed to say advanced somewhere if it was an advanced villain 

If you zoom in on the villain card, the advanced mode box at the bottom will be omitted if you're playing at normal difficulty.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

FoldedDice wrote:
HappiestMeal wrote:

If you zoom in on the villain card, the advanced mode box at the bottom will be omitted if you're playing at normal difficulty.

It doesn't indicate advanced mode on the win/loss screen though, and since many people are screenshotting these to keep track of their played games until we get stats, that would be a very nice little addition.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

FoldedDice

Silverleaf wrote:

FoldedDice wrote:
HappiestMeal wrote:

It doesn't indicate advanced mode on the win/loss screen though, and since many people are screenshotting these to keep track of their played games until we get stats, that would be a very nice little addition.

Ah, good point. It would be beneficial for it to be included there as well.

Kingofsouls

One game I was using Wraith and I burned through her deck allt he way, requiring a reshuffle. No warning, just reshuffle notice when her deck was empty. I was wondering if there was a way to implent a way to keep track of the number of cards in a deck at a glance (like a number next to the trash icon). Good for decks than burn through themselves so fast. Right off the top of my h4ad I cansee this beign good for :

Wraith (Eyepiece shenanagins burn a deck.)

Tachyon (....its Tachyon.)

Akash'Bhuta (not her, but the enviroment. She flips when it shuffles)

Silver Gultch 1883 (in case Trapped in the Past is out and the deck is looking a little...thin)

Programming is like Life: Complicated and too many rules.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

We are planning to add that.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

For characters who rely on knowing exactly how much damage has been dealt/recieved, it would incredibly useful to have that available all the time, rather than having to look for it with the lightning bolt icon.

For example- For Absolute Zero, when I'm going to use coolant blast or thermal shockwave, I want a constantly updating count of his cold/fire damage taken available pretty much all the time.  You could add it right above the card, just a single number detailing how much damage you are going to end up doing to yourself (if you thermal shovkwave), or to the enemy (with coolant blast).  Once those cards go away, those counters go away.  

Similarly, its always useful with Omnitron to know how much damage has been dealt to that round, so that you know how much needs be done to blow off the components.  And this will come up again with Omnitron X.

I'm well aware that all of this is available if you go looking for it, but I'm not really sure why you should have to GO looking for it.  It just seems like valuable stuff to have right there in front of you. 

Immunities would be a similar beneficial visual cue.  It would be super, super easy to have a small icon appear next to an immune character denoting what type of thing they were immune to.  A fist for melee, bullet for prjectile, flame for fire, etc.  I'm all about at-a-glance knowing what you've got modifying your character, and it can be really useful when you've got legacy or Omnitron has the adaptive Platings out.  

Stacking cards: So far, the cards are kind of cluttered.  It would be fantastic if we could stack cards and move them about so that we could see just the ones that we wanted in full.  Like ongoings/equipments that are NOT limited.  If I have two eyepieces, I'd just like to stack them on top of one another to save space.  

Whjen I'm playing Omnitron-X, I have a very specific way that I like to arrange the components- all start-of-turn components go up top, like types stacked, then equipments underneath them, then ongoings.  It helps me remember the order of how things go, and keeps the area from getting cluttered.  Obviously, thats not an issue with the game, since it tracks that kind of stuff for you, but it still helps me keep track of what is going to go on.  It could also be a way for the players to arrange the order in which they want things to go without the game having to ask all the time, every time (a feature that kind of annoys me).  

Redundant queries: Lets say I have Twist the Ether ont he bad guy, Smoke Bombs out, and Lead from the front.  This can get SUPER annoying.

First it asks what i want to do with Twist the ether.  Then smoke bombs happens (if it is going after the lowest).  Then it asks what I want to do with Twist the Ether again.  then it asks about lead from the front (if I use it).  Then it asks about Twist the Ether again.  Then I regret ever playing Twist the Ether. It turns an incredibly useful card into an endurance challenge of how much micromanagement you can take.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I had a similar issue with wanting to be able to move my cards around at will. That said, bear in mind that stuff which triggers at a certain time needs to stay in the order it was played, so you wouldn't/shouldn't be able to change the order of Omni-10's components. The rest, though, fine :).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Kingofsouls

MigrantP wrote:

We are planning to add that.

Sweet!

Programming is like Life: Complicated and too many rules.

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

Ameena wrote:

I had a similar issue with wanting to be able to move my cards around at will. That said, bear in mind that stuff which triggers at a certain time needs to stay in the order it was played, so you wouldn't/shouldn't be able to change the order of Omni-10's components. The rest, though, fine :).

all of Omni-x's components act at start of turn. You can trigger "Start of turn" effects in whatever order you choose. Order of play doesn't matter anymore for effects that happen at the same time. 

It was done at the same time as the ruling which clarified passive order of play effects, do we are no longer penalized for playing fortitude/superhuman durability in the wrong order. 

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Braithwhite wrote:

Ameena wrote:

all of Omni-x's components act at start of turn. You can trigger "Start of turn" effects in whatever order you choose. Order of play doesn't matter anymore for effects that happen at the same time. It was done at the same time as the ruling which clarified passive order of play effects, do we are no longer penalized for playing fortitude/superhuman durability in the wrong order. 

Incorrect. Start and end of turn effects still occur in the order they're played. Everything else is player choice to resolve conflicting timings.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

And here is the link: https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/timing-and-order-of-operations-4347

Along with the bit that points out this situation:

Any cards with "start of turn" or "end of turn" text happen in order of cards played, as before. However, anything else that acts "simultaneously" goes in whatever order the players choose, as with all ambiguous situations in Sentinels of the Multiverse. 

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

Yup. I'm just wrong there. I always did end of turn villain stuff in the order in which it was played, and I'm not sure why I thought Omnitron X would be different.  

Though I'll probably still keep doing it for Omni-X. I in the card game. I really hate untidy lines of components. 

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Yeah, and with him it rarely matters. I organize them by type too. They mostly act independent of each other, so it's not really game breaking.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector