The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Derp's List of Typos / Misprints / Errors

42 posts / 0 new
Last post
DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture
Derp's List of Typos / Misprints / Errors

So I've been working on a short list of discrepancies and errors I've found while playing.  I figured I'd post them in their own thread instead of having them all scattered about in various other threads.  Some times it's nice to have things consolidated anyways.  Feel free to suggest additions to my list. I'll attempt to keep this list up to date.  

Good thing is, there seems to be very few typos and misprints in general.  Way to go >G and Playtesters! 

• Station Cards:

1.)

Front: Xushin Cannon(!)

Back: Fleet-Wide Upgrade

Issue: The "Opposition Side Icon" on the "Xushin Cannon" side of the card indicates that there is a ship on the Opposition side of the card.  "Fleet-Wide Upgrade" is a Boost, not a ship.

2.) (Confusing wording)

Front: Keller Aid Capsule

Back: ZK-19 Guardship(!)

Issue: It reads "Whenever Energy would be removed from an Opposition Ship in this sector other than a Guardship, reduce the amout reduced by two."  Perhaps it should read "Reduce the amount removed..." to clear up any confusion?

• Mission Cards:

1.)

Front: UFGD Mission: Search & Seizure

Back: Overclocked Production(!)

Issue: "Search & Seizure" has the wrong mission Back.  (The correct Back to "Search & Seizure" is "Contraband Stockpile")

Christopher wrote:

2.)

Front: Technovore Mission: Space-Net Gambit

Back: The Arachno-Trap(!)

Issue: "Space-Net Gambit" has the wrong mission Back.  (The correct Back to "Space-Net Gambit" is "Netted Technovore")

Christopher wrote:

3.)  

Front: Syndicate Starting Mission: Solar Ransom(!)

Back: N/A

Issue: Vague card text.  The Aftermath effect says to "Play the top card of the Opposition deck," but does not indicate where to play it.  

(Card should read: "{A}: Play the top card of the Opposition deck in this Sector.") (Confirmed by Christopher) 

4.) 

Front: Syndicate Mission: Race for the Stars(!)

Back: Space Race Trophy

Issue: Comes into play during Travel phase, then either gets scrapped or recycled in the Aftermath phase before the {T} effect can ever happen.  Perhaps {T} should be replaced with {R}, { I }, or {B}?

5.) 

Front: UFGD Mission: Resource Gathering(!)

Back: Overclocked Production

Issue: Resource Gathering flips in Battle Phase then flips back in Aftermath phase before the { I } effect on Overclocked Production can ever happen.  Perhaps {B} should be replaced with {A}?

6.)

Front: Singularity Mission: Lunar Singularity(!)

Back: Epsilon Station

Issue: Flavor text error, "This planet's moon has has a wealth of mineral...."

One '"has" too many.

Can has typo?

• Opposition Ships:

1.)     (This one is unconfirmed so far, and may just be me misunderstanding it...)

Card Name: Possessed Gloricidae (Revnants of Nyotan Opposition Ship)

Card Text:  {B} If this ship is not engaged, remove (2 energy) from the Strike Force Ship in this sector with the highest (defense).

Issue: {B} Icons are activated BEFORE the 'Engagement Event', and engagement tokens are cleared in the 'Aftermath Phase' before the next '{B} Icon Activation Event'.   In other words, you CAN'T engage this ship until AFTER it's effect goes off.  There seems to be no way to prevent this effect.

Rules as written, this effect may as well read "{B} Remove (2 energy) from the Strike Force Ship with the highest (defense)."

Perhaps theres some card interaction that I'm unaware of that's intended to bypass this and engage a ship before the engagement event.  Or perhaps this should be an {A} Icon instead of a {B} Icon?

(Latest non-proof build has an Aftermath Icon on the Possessed Gloricidae) 

2.)

Card Name: Nyxian Smuggler

Issue: Typo in the flavor text. "Nixians have..."  Unless the plural of Nyxian is Nixians I'd assume it's supposed to say "Nyxians"

• Strike Force Starting Cards:

1.)

Strike Force Deck: Vigilance

Card Name: Redirect Energy

Issue:  Typo in the flavor text.  "Lines of energy awqrc along the length of..."  Pretty sure it means to say "arc" instead of "awqrc"

• Strike Force Dividers

1.)

Divider Name: Vigilance

Issue: Typo: "Accelerated Deilvery"  should be "Accelerated Delivery"

2.)

Divider Name: Tharendim

Issue: Card not listed: "Dimensional Sabotage"

3.)

Divider Name: Grey Hammer

Issue: Typo: "Bombadier's Aptitude" should be "Bombardier's Aptitude"

• Opposition Dividers

1.)

Divider Name: Bareg Threllian Ships

Issue: Typo: "Nixian Smuggler" should be "Nyxian Smuggler"

2.)

Divider Name: Revenants Missions

Issue: Typo: "Karkossic Cataclysm" should be "Karakossic Cataclysm"

3.)

Divider Name: Singularity Missions

Issue: Typo: "Internodal Eradicater" should be "Internodal Eradicator"

4.)

Divider Name: Technovore Missions

Issue: Typo: "Internodal Pheremones" should be "Internodal Pheromones"

• Sector Panels: 

1.)

Sectors: Vognild Prime & Ruins of Volneth

Issue: Neither are marked as Contested on their contested side, and neither have their first and last station deck slots marked on either side.

• Rulebook Issues:

1.) (Probably just me being overly nit-picky)

Possible Rulebook Oversight:

Gameplay example on Pg. 8 refers to Marot's card, "Even The Odds."  In the example the player has 4 cards, and uses "Even the Odds" to draw 2 cards, recycling "Even the Odds" in the process. After this is done the player is assumed to have a total of 5 cards as there is no indication of further recycling of cards.

Card Text reads:

Boost

Recycle When Played

Draw two cards.

Recycle one card from your hand.

Shuffle one of this Sector's Station Decks. 

Issue:

The example on Pg. 8 should have had the player recycle one of the remaining 5 cards in their hand as part of resolving "Even the Odds."  The player would have then had less than 130 credits.

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

The proofs show "Netted Technovore", not "Net-Trapped Technovore".

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

Koga wrote:

The proofs show "Netted Technovore", not "Net-Trapped Technovore".

Fixed, Thanks.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The latest non-proof build has an Aftermath Icon on the Possessed Gloricidae.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The Aftermath effect of Solar Ransom is a bit vague: "Play the top card of the Opposition deck." This is very unlike GtG to not write where to play it. If it means in any Sector it should have said it. If not, it should have said it too. It seems like the card ran out of real estate.

The latest non-proof build reads: "Aftermath: Play the top card of the Opposition deck in this Sector."

This makes sense, since the Opp wants the Sector filled with ships before CryoShade enters play. CryoShade can't be engaged unless there are no-unengaged Opp ships in the Sector. The more ships, the more protection CryoShade has.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Solar ransom should say "this sector". Paul I believe confirmed that in another thread. 

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Actually, the opposite. The only ruling I found was a confirmation of your post here:

Foote wrote:

4) I dont have the card in front of me, but if it says "this sector", then it is refering to the one it is played in.

Paul wrote:

Thanks Foote! I was coming into this thread to answer questions, but I see that you are totally on top of it :)

And since it doesn't say "this Sector," it doesn't really help. I completely agree that is what it should be, I just haven't found the official source yet.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Are the misprints enough to hurt playing the game?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

No.

Powerhound_2000

Thanks.  I want to buy this once it becomes available 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

DerpTheBugbear wrote:
Issue:  Typo in the flavor text.  "Lines of energy awqrc along the length of..."  Pretty sure it means to say "arc" instead of "awqrc"
Ooh! Who uses vi?
Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

dpt wrote:

DerpTheBugbear wrote:

Ooh! Who uses vi?

Better question: why?

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Possessed Gloricidae

There is a way to engage it and prevent the 2 energy damage. In the Station Cards that came with the expansion, the Reclaimator flips into an Opp ship that engages other ships (Opp and SF) in the sector during [B] icon activation. You can have it engage the Gloricidae before activating the Gloricidae.

Otherwise I am not sure if the [B] icon is a typo or not

Shatner

dpt wrote:

DerpTheBugbear wrote:

Ooh! Who uses vi?

I used vi for years at a previous job. When I read that card and saw the superfluous "wq" in the middle of a word I thought the exact same thing. So yeah, either it's a vi typo or awqrc is some kind of space verb that's unknown to grounded apes like us.

Shatner

I ran afoul of the Technovore Net misprint in my previous game. Is the text for "Netted Technovore" on any of the other cards, or available from an online source? I'd like to correct my copy so it doesn't confuse future playings of the game.

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

Shatner wrote:

dpt wrote:
 DerpTheBugbear wrote:

Ooh! Who uses vi?

I used vi for years at a previous job. When I read that card and saw the superfluous "wq" in the middle of a word I thought the exact same thing. So yeah, either it's a vi typo or awqrc is some kind of space verb that's unknown to grounded apes like us.

well, it could be a normal typo... 'w' and 'q' are both right above 'a'  so they could have missed the 'a' and hit right in the middle of all three letters... For example, let's see what happens when I intentionally hit all three at once while spelling 'arc'!  :-P

qwarc

(Had to google vi and wq just to figure out what you guys were talking about. lol)

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

The deck dividers have a bunch of typos and card names that don't match the actual cards. One of Tharendim's cards isn't even mentioned on the deck divider.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Hehe yeah that confused me when I was checking all the decks (as I unboxed the game) to make sure everything was there - I thought the deck had a random extra card but then I counted the total cards and there'd've been one short if I missed out the extra one, so realised that it must be the divider which had the mistake, having that card's name missing from the list.

I did count a few typos here and there on stuff. Haven't really read the cards in detail so far but I recall noticing at least a couple of mistakes in the background fluff leaflet thingy on the expansion. I think there was a mistake on the back of one of the boxes too.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

alex6

Any official answer on the 'this sector' nature of Solar Ransom aftermath? My group doesn't want to play that opposition without some clarity, as it completely changes the mission. adding the words 'this sector' make sense thematically, but since they are not there, there is no way to know how to play it, or what the intention was.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

alex6 wrote:

Any official answer on the 'this sector' nature of Solar Ransom aftermath? My group doesn't want to play that opposition without some clarity, as it completely changes the mission. adding the words 'this sector' make sense thematically, but since they are not there, there is no way to know how to play it, or what the intention was.

I am 99% poitive its supposed to be "this sector"

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

I am 99% poitive its supposed to be "this sector"

Foote is absolutely correct here.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

You're confirming that he's correct that's he's 99% positive? Did signing the playtester agreement give you acccess to our minds? Was that in the small print I never read? DAMNIT!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Matchstickman wrote:

You're confirming that he's correct that's he's 99% positive? Did signing the playtester agreement give you acccess to our minds? Was that in the small print I never read? DAMNIT!

If South Park taught me anything its that you should always read the fine print. 

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Matchstickman wrote:

It's a good thing some of us are more pamphlets than novels, when it comes to reading.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

zdrapek

Where am I supposed to find the right backs of misprinted missions? Contraband Stockpile and Netted Technovore. What do they do?

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Heck even I'm not too sure. >G needs to post official errata on those misprints

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Here they are.

We're looking into various Errata Pack options.

And we're fairly grumpy about proof things, but that's a separate discussion.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Powerhound_2000

Both correct cards above list that you recycle a card from this sector's station and I'm assuming this means you get to put any station card in the sector to the bottom of your deck.   Is that correct?

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Yes

zdrapek

Thanks. I hope errata pack would come soon. With the next expansion maybe.

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

The station card Desperate Measures shows tech icons instead of boost icons. Harassing Assault is the same way.

Card Templates

hpjersey

Hello,

I got the game from store about a week ago. I would strongly suggest that you publish not an errata but a new online version of the rulebook to be dwonloaded as, in addition to the typos, the rules are difficult to follow even for the experienced gamer I dare pretend to be. How missions interact with the game, how some opposition flagships are deployed, the purpose of this little round token with the 5 phases, the desk splitters etc.  

It would be a shame that such a novative and excellent game sees its path to public success hindered by that. Passionate people like you would certainly make these little tweaks invisible to new players but I doubt it would please less experienced buyers attracted by the game theme for example.

Devil is in the details...

A French strong supporter eager to get the forthcoming expansions

grim88

I noticed that neither of the two Sector panels in the expansion say "Contested" on their contestedside. Also, the slots where the station cards go don't have the first and third marked, like all the Sectors in the main game are.

Also, my token sheet that came with the expansion was very poorly miscut on one side, making that side of the tokens ugly. That's may not affect all copies, however.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@grim88

If you have a miscut token sheet, email Jodie at warehouse@greaterthangames.com and we'll replace it. The manufacturer we use is actually very good at cutting tokens 99% or more of the time, so that was definitely a fluke, and we can fix it for you.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

Singularity mission Lunar Singularity has an extra "has", the first line says "This planet's moon has has a wealth of". Noticed it last night while playing, I always read out the description when a mission comes out or flips.

Card Templates

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

Added a bunch of things!  I'll post the changes here for those who only want to see the new stuff.

• Station Cards:

2.) (Confusing wording)

Front: Keller Aid Capsule

Back: ZK-19 Guardship(!)

Issue: It reads "Whenever Energy would be removed from an Opposition Ship in this sector other than a Guardship, reduce the amout reduced by two."  Perhaps it should read "Reduce the amount removed..." to clear up any confusion?

• Mission Cards:

4.) 

Front: Syndicate Mission: Race for the Stars(!)

Back: Space Race Trophy

Issue: Comes into play during Travel phase, then either gets scrapped or recycled in the Aftermath phase before the {T} effect can ever happen.  Perhaps {T} should be replaced with {R}{ I }, or {B}?

5.) 

Front: UFGD Mission: Resource Gathering(!)

Back: Overclocked Production

Issue: Resource Gathering flips in Battle Phase then flips back in Aftermath phase before the { I } effect on Overclocked Production can ever happen.  Perhaps {B} should be replaced with {A}?

6.)

Front: Singularity Mission: Lunar Singularity(!)

Back: Epsilon Station

Issue: Flavor text error, "This planet's moon has has a wealth of mineral...."

One '"has" too many.

Can has typo?

• Opposition Ships:

2.)

Card Name: Nyxian Smuggler

Issue: Typo in the flavor text. "Nixians have..."  Unless the plural of Nyxian is Nixians I'd assume it's supposed to say "Nyxians"

• Strike Force Dividers

1.)

Divider Name: Vigilance

Issue: Typo: "Accelerated Deilvery"  should be "Accelerated Delivery"

2.)

Divider Name: Tharendim

Issue: Card not listed: "Dimensional Sabotage"

3.)

Divider Name: Grey Hammer

Issue: Typo: "Bombadier's Aptitude" should be "Bombardier's Aptitude"

• Opposition Dividers

1.)

Divider Name: Bareg Threllian Ships

Issue: Typo: "Nixian Smuggler" should be "Nyxian Smuggler"

2.)

Divider Name: Revenants Missions

Issue: Typo: "Karkossic Cataclysm" should be "Karakossic Cataclysm"

3.)

Divider Name: Singularity Missions

Issue: Typo: "Internodal Eradicater" should be "Internodal Eradicator"

4.)

Divider Name: Technovore Missions

Issue: Typo: "Internodal Pheremones" should be "Internodal Pheromones"

• Sector Panels: 

1.)

Sectors: Vognild Prime & Ruins of Volneth

Issue: Neither are marked as Contested on their contested side, and neither have their first and last station deck slots marked on either side.

grim88

Paul, I'm not sure they're bad enough to warrent a replacement. They don't look great but function just fine. If you'd like to see pictures of the tokens themselves and what was still left on the punchboard I could send them.

Powerhound_2000

Is there any plan to provide replacements for the two mission cards that have the wrong back?  Typos are one thing but this causes those missions to have different affects 

Powerhound_2000

At worst if I buy a replacement card will those missions have the correct front and back?

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Powerhound_2000

Unfortunately not at this point.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Powerhound_2000

Any idea when you'll have the corrected mission cards?

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Not at this time.