The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Bullpen #3 Definitive Edition Q&A

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Bullpen #3 Definitive Edition Q&A

Viewer questions on Definitive Edition.   With special guest Chris Burton aka Braithwhite 

https://theletterspage.libsyn.com/bullpen-3-definitive-edition-qa

Upcoming Schedule

• Tuesday, March 2nd: Episode #168 - Writers' Room: NightMist vs. Fanatic
  • Tuesday, March 9th: Episode #169 - Creative Process: Hero HQs
  • Tuesday, March 16th: Episode #170 - Writers’ Room: Luck o’ the Setback
  • Tuesday, March 23rd: Editor’s Note #45 (THE REAL RETURN! PROBABLY!)
  • Tuesday, March 30th: Episode #171 - Creative Process: American Folklore

Recording Schedule

• Friday, February 26th: Episode #168 - Writers' Room: NightMist vs. Fanatic
  • Friday, March 5th: Episode #169 - Creative Process: Hero HQs
  • Friday, March 12th: Episode #170 - Writers’ Room: Luck o’ the Setback
  • Friday, March 19th: Editor’s Note #45 (THE REAL RETURN! PROBABLY!)
  • Friday, March 26th: Episode #171 - Creative Process: American Folklore

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I decided to wait for the podcast to listen to this instead of the raw video because it was so long. And it's still so long! Gonna have to go find that outtake bit, though, that's good radio.

Looking forward to the butts episode. :')

What even is the music on this show sometimes?

Sentinels Definitive Edition: git gud

It's a good thing I didn't hear anything about secret cardboard dividers for little boxes.

"You should go look in his window all the time." what is this show sometimes

Godai
Godai's picture

This might be the most fun I've heard the guys have in a recording before. Ergo, Braithwhite needs to be a more regular guest. 

OddballPaladin

I do prefer the podcast version rather than the raw video because I listed to the audio at 1.25-1.5 speed. Granted, that makes Adam sound even MORE hyper at times, but it doesn't feel like a slog.

The Nemesis discussion makes me think: have folks done house rules that have alternate Nemesis effects? Like Adam said, it's just an icon, and the rules aren't on the cards themselves, so it's easy to use or ignore, but that also means it would be easy enough to modify.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

My biggest issue with the Nemesis rules is how easy it is to forget. One wish-list item for me would be tokens to put on relevant active Nemesis pairs, to help remind me.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yeah, I'll definitely keep the Nemesis tokens from OblivAeon and use them with DE. :-) 

I actually have a set of tokens (just old M:TG life tokens) that I'd use for that kind of thing before we had those, so that's an option, also. 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Powerhound_2000

Feels like adding tokens to recall the nemesis symbol being there kind of defeats the purpose of having the nemesis symbol on the card.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Trajector
Trajector's picture

I've grabbed tokens from my old Tactics set, sometimes, to represent different effects. For example, an "Aim" token for Chrono-Ranger: the Best of Times' base power.

What is this about Ambuscade not being French? Ridiculous! How will Ambuscade and Stuntman's puns work, what happened to the Isle of Doctor Moreau reference, and what excuse will I have to insist that any Stuntman player speak in an over the top French accent?!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Powerhound2000 wrote:
Feels like adding tokens to recall the nemesis symbol being there kind of defeats the purpose of having the nemesis symbol on the card.

The point is to put something that isn't usually there. If you always put it on the card, yes, it's pointless, but introducing an element that is only sometimes there will make your mind notice it.

Powerhound_2000

I still don't see it as any more helpful but if it works for you fine.