The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Errata - Chastise

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer
Errata - Chastise

There is one card in SotM:EE that has errata. It is the card "Chastise", from Fanatic's deck:

Chastise - Errata

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

What's the errata (what needs to be changed)?

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

It's added 'non-hero' to the target section to avoid the scearion of making Stealth Bot immune to damage while everyone redirects to it.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Play next to a Non-hero target.

It removes the Chastise/Stealth bot combo.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

awp832
Playtester

a good change, IMO, although.. unexpected.

"He robbed from the rich and he-
gave to the poor.
Stood up to the Man and he-
gave him what for. 
Our love for him now,
aint hard to explain,
the hero of Canton,
the man they call "Jayne""

flamethrower49
Playtester

Yes.  Thank  you for this.

maida_16

Will this be corrected in subsequent printings of the enhanced edition?

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

It already has been.  There was a topic started before this was posted where it was said Chastise was worded different.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

maida_16

Yes but this errata is in the enhanced edition. I am planning on purchasing a copy and I was wondering whether all the print runs for the enhanced edition will have this error in Chastise.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Recent printings of the Enhanced Edition do have this new wording, as someone has mentioned that he purchased a recent copy of the game and saw that it had changed from the original printing of the Enhanced Edition.  This was posted hours before Christopher publically posted the errata.  So, original runs of Enhanced Edition do not have this change, recent printings do, and I do not know if there is a way to determine the difference.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester

TheJayMann wrote:

Recent printings of the Enhanced Edition do have this new wording, as someone has mentioned that he purchased a recent copy of the game and saw that it had changed from the original printing of the Enhanced Edition.  This was posted hours before Christopher publically posted the errata.  So, original runs of Enhanced Edition do not have this change, recent printings do, and I do not know if there is a way to determine the difference.

Out of curiosity what version numberis the newly printed version of EE that was printed this recent December. 

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Not sure where the version number is located, but above the barcode it list "Second Printing", so I guess that may be one way to figure out what is what.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Mine says "Second Printing" but it has the un-errata'd Chastise, if that helps.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I'm not sure they continue with adding that to the barcode, but if they do then I am guessing anything that says Third Printing or higher should have the errata'd Chastise in it.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

There are not currently any copies of Enhanced Edition that say Third Printing. Roughly half of the copies in existence have the errata'd chastize, and roughly half do not, and unfortunately there is not a way to tell which is which.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

If we order a copy from the store, will it be the errata'd Chastise or will there be a chance it will be the old version?  Should we specify?

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

We do not have any more copies of Enhanced Edition in stock that have the non-errata'd Chastise.

-REPHRASE-

All of the copies of Enhanced Edition currently in our warehouse have the errata'd Chastise.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

Fantastic!  I'll be sure to tack that on when I finally order one of those handsome blue Sentinels shirts.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

BaloTheJester
BaloTheJester's picture

If I were to order replacement copies of Chastise, would they be the errata'd version? (I have EE already but would like to not have to explain an erratum to new players if I can avoid it - plus a few of my regulars already dislike Fanatic and I don't want to have to listen to them bitch about a perfectly cogent change :P )

“We've always known we'd eventually be called upon to open our shirts and save the day, and the superhero was a crude, hopeful attempt to talk about how we all might feel on that day of great power, and great responsibility.”
- Grant Morrison

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

If we were to purchase new Chastise cards, how many would we need?

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....