The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Who's still on pre-order?

83 posts / 0 new
Last post
fenianb

FYI Legends of Sleepy Hollow amd Sentinel Comics RPG updates today. LOSH update indicates delays as the graphic designer is currently undergoing testing for CPVID-19 after a family member contracted it and so is unable to work. At this time he is unable to work and game is on hold other than reviewing white samples from factory. The factory for Sentinel Comics RPG is closed currently so they are taking this time to work on text and art for that product. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dicehateme/legends-of-sleepy-hollow/posts/2805775
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/sentinel-comics-the-roleplaying-game/posts/2805370

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Count me amongst those who still have their pre-order. With all the time off I might swing by the ol' playtest forum, see if I can't be useful somewhere.

I'm still waiting, hoping that whatever is going on behind the scenes ends up making an excellent game. But man it's been quite a long time though. I played what felt like a really polished demo 3 years ago. Gotta think that it's closer to something than not at this point.

morph147

Powerhound_2000 wrote:
I'm just telling you that to me I don't think it needs clarity. If the major announcement about Prime War doesn't happen by end of April we should be pressing for more information. 

Well it’s the end of April so I guess it’s time to press for more info. Especially since tomorrow is first Tuesday of the month and that’s when they give updates on other projects on kickstarter that they are behind on.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I realize covid 19 has disrupted things but can someone from GtG provide an update as promised?   The guys of LFG haven't posted any updates on their site since October either. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The demos they'd been running at cons were getting better and better! :-D 

Hopefully we'll get some news, soon. 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Powerhound_2000

Maggie did promise news around this timeframe and I'd like to see information sooner than later.   It's now been six months since any public news.   I hope I'm not sounding hostile but it's certainly getting frustrating to only get news from second hand sources at cons for the most part.    

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

fenianb

The two month timeframe statement also referenced getting some other things done, which I presume mainly includes Legends of Sleepy Hollow and Sentinel Comics RPG. LoSH did have an issue with an artist getting COVID-19 (since recovered and back at work) and the RPG has an issue with the US factory being closed. But today is likely to be KS update day for both of them and will hopefully indicate development completion of those projects.

A brief update on Prime War within the indicated timeframe would have been nice, even if it was a 'delayed by pandemic' message. But I'm not surprised it hasn't happened because the forgotten back burner is the norm for this project.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Not sounding hostile, Powerhound; your concerns are understandable. :-) 

And honestly thanks for being civil and thoughtful in raising and discussing your concerns, folks. It's greatly appreciated! 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

morph147

FYI, Legends of Sleepy Hollow, Spirit Island Jagged Earth, and the Sentinels RPG got updates so far today. Still waiting to see the update on Prime War.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

fenianb

Legends of Sleepy Hollow still not to printer, updated timeline expected May 19th. "In our last update, we said that files were on track to be turned over to the factory by May 1st, but as we communicated internally last week about final drafts and taking inventory of all of the outstanding items, it became clear that the deadline would not be possible."
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dicehateme/legends-of-sleepy-hollow/posts/2828802

Sentinels Comic RPG still not complete to distribute PDF version that was expected today, now possibly by next Tuesday. "While Sarah and I were going over final notes on every little bit of text and art in the SCRPG Core Rulebook last week, we noticed some irregularities in overlapping lines in charts. Super minor stuff that we know we'd be kicking ourselves if we let it go to print with those lines." 
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/sentinel-comics-the-roleplaying-game/posts/2828787

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time

kenth.ferel
kenth.ferel's picture
Playtester

*comes out of the shadows*

Still here and still have a pre-order.  This keeps slipping off my radar, thank you gang for keeping this topic active for hen I come back... :)

"If at first you don't succeed, stay away from skydiving."

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Not even having something come out of the LFG for a while is concerning, tack on everything else that is going on both internally and externally over at >G.

I think that the internal priority for this title has been displayed fairly clearly since inception. The goal posts for basic of information have been ever moving for years, and with every missed deadline comes the promise of another one Soon(tm). And make no mistake, that is no fault of Maggie, that is just the kind of foot dragging that has become acceptable surrounding this game. Maybe internally everyone there is really hyped on this game. But all evidence points to new and exciting projects that are yet to be announed on the horizon.

Honestly, its not surprising. With how poorly Tactics did, and with the market now saturated with not only solid games in the genre, but some clear world beaters like the Gloomhaven franchise, how excited is Paul to throw in the resources needed to bring this project to the market as it currently stands vs a prospect on the horizon that could net the company their next Spirit Island level of success? Paul is a super smart guy. I think they see the same thing I do.

I havn't asked for a refund because I love the guys at >G and I really believe that this game could be really great. But I secretly wish that someone would just come out and say that this title is probably never going to happen so that we can all move on and use the refund to solidify a copy of Frosthaven when it prints.

fenianb

Sentinels Comics RPG KS has a backers only update today titled 'The SCRPG Core Rulebook Early Release PDF!' so hopefully that's one down. Waiting on next week's LoSH update to see where they are on that timeline.

fenianb

Maggie did post a reply to someone yesterday in the most recent LoSH update revealing some of the current work processes for both LoSH and GTG. 

"For Legends of Sleepy Hollow specifically, we have started having weekly meetings where we discuss what the statuses of all the graphic design elements are, set deadlines, and talk about challenges/issues we are facing. We have a continuous chat going between the lead graphic designer, and the development team so we ensure that the graphic design team has a good understanding of what they are creating. 

"For Greater Than Games in general, we have started tracking projects more thoroughly through various Trello boards, and more frequent meetings so deadlines aren't forgotten/missed. Moving to remote work has proved to be more challenging than we initially anticipated, and so far we have found meetings to be very useful as a way to check on projects and team members."

morph147

FYI: Greater than Games is going to host a Youtube Live on Friday  at 3 pm CT and according to their facebook post " Ask us questions about gameplay, or about Greater Than Games in general" So I think this would be a great time to go in and start asking questions. If I am free I plan to.

Powerhound_2000

Where did you see that?   I don't see it mentioned on Facebook or twitter.  I'll certainly try to attend and ask about Prime War.  

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

It's not on the GTG page but it's on the Sentinels page - a post about the Spirit Island stream on Friday.

https://www.facebook.com/sentinelsOTM/photos/a.161931660549709/3003108639765316

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Powerhound_2000

Weird normally I'd expect those posts to be on the GtG page and then posted to the other pages. Thanks MigrantP. 

fenianb

I'll try to attend but long a/v medium is difficult for me. I won't hold my breath. As Christopher once described people trying to get Prime Wars info in Q&As as trolls if he's involved I won't expect much.

fenianb

Also I have zed interest in Spirit Island.

morph147

I asked Maggie directly in the stream. She stated there should be one out later this month and they are working on an update. so we shall see

fenianb

Thanks for asking and letting us know.. 

fenianb

Here's a transcript of the exchange on yesterday's stream https://youtu.be/PYZuYs-nA64

morph147 (via test 5:19) Hi, Maggie, I was wondering if there was any updates on Prime War. Back in Feb, you stated there would be an update in a month or 2 and its been 3 months. Curious if anything has changed

Maggie (verbally 5:50) Uh, someone just threw in chat, they asked about, they're asking about Prime War. Uh, we're actually currently working on an update, talkign about Prime War. So you'll hear more about it later this month. Um, so yeah, just stay tuned sometime later this month hopefully. I mean it'll definitely be within this month, you'll hear about it.

{missing in text replay but I did see it live - morph147 asked about passing this info on to the forum}

Greater Than Games (text 7:31) #morph147 yes, please feel free to let them know that we will have on update later this month :) And thank you for your question

So hopefully no definitely within this month, but not stated if that's within the month of May or by June 15th a month from her statement. We'll see.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Thanks for sharing, fenianb! :-D 

fenianb

I'm tempted to start a This Day In Prime War History thread. One year ago today Paul Bender said "Lore Forge was in town this week and we made a ton of progress on the rules and playtesting! At this point, you'll see a very close to final version of the Prime War rules at Gen Con with very preliminary art and graphic design. We are currently planning on having the game ready to send to the printer in Q1 2020." https://greaterthangames.com/comment/201987#comment-201987 So maybe the coming announcement will thrill us all. :)

morph147

fenianb wrote:
I'm tempted to start a This Day In Prime War History thread. One year ago today Paul Bender said "Lore Forge was in town this week and we made a ton of progress on the rules and playtesting! At this point, you'll see a very close to final version of the Prime War rules at Gen Con with very preliminary art and graphic design. We are currently planning on having the game ready to send to the printer in Q1 2020." https://greaterthangames.com/comment/201987#comment-201987 So maybe the coming announcement will thrill us all. :)

1) If you start a This day in prime war history thread it would be filled with a lot of empty void.

2) Rereading Pauls post reminded me we are in a pandemic and George R.R. Martin better have nothing else to do except write winds of winter. He probably isnt though.

fenianb

morph147 wrote:

1) If you start a This day in prime war history thread it would be filled with a lot of empty void.
2) Rereading Pauls post reminded me we are in a pandemic and George R.R. Martin better have nothing else to do except write winds of winter. He probably isnt though.

1) We could include the dates for KS launches and shipments for stuff announced after Broken City/For Profit and completed since. Y'know, for perspective. ;)

2) As of March 18 Martin says he's feeling fine, staying safe, and writing in Westeros every day. So there's hope for ASOIAF fans yet.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Rabbit. You're wonderful.

I'mma inject a bit of positive vibes right here and I'll be back around for that update.

fenianb

fenianb wrote:
So hopefully no definitely within this month, but not stated if that's within the month of May or by June 15th a month from her statement. We'll see.

Unless someone is working this weekend I guess within the month of May is out. :/

Powerhound_2000

fenianb

I wish I could say I was surprised but as time passed since Maggie swang by to say an announcement was coming I started expecting at best further delays. It doesn't take months to say 'we're going to press!' At least the band-aid is finally ripped off what I think should probably have been shut down long ago.

Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

On the one hand, they had our money for five years, and we are getting no product.  On the other hand, they are giving full refunds, and it's clear that they put plenty of work into a project for which, in the end, they are getting no revenue.  I'm sure, as unfortunate as this is for us loyal original pre-orderers, it's a much sadder day for GtG.  Probably for the best, though, based on what they are saying.

Pages