The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Editor’s Note 26: Award winners and other questions

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Editor’s Note 26: Award winners and other questions

http://theletterspage.libsyn.com/editors-note-26

Release schedule:

• Tuesday, February 5th: Episode #99 - Team Episode: Helfyre
  • Tuesday, February 12th: Episode #100 - Starter Kit Stories: What happened in YOUR games?
  • Tuesday, February 19th: Editor’s Note #27
  • Tuesday, February 26th: Episode #101 - Time-Slinger

Recording schedule:

• Friday, February 1st: Episode #99 - Team Episode: Helfyre
  • Friday, February 8th: Episode #100 - Starter Kit Stories: What happened in YOUR games?
  • Friday, February 15th: Editor’s Note #27
  • Friday, February 22th: Episode #101 - Time-Slinger

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

BrianleWolfhunt
Playtester

So, question about the topics.Do we know anything about Helfyre? Are they in the RPG? I don't have the starter kit or one shots so I don't really know.

And Time Slinger, I'm assuming it's a Chrono-Ranger/Commodora team up, but I want to be sure it's the Capitán hunt before I start asking questions about it. Is it that or another thing?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

BrianleWolfhunt wrote:

So, question about the topics.Do we know anything about Helfyre? Are they in the RPG? I don't have the starter kit or one shots so I don't really know.

All we know is that they are a villain team from the RPG.  They were only passingly mentioned in the create a story episode

Quote:

And Time Slinger, I'm assuming it's a Chrono-Ranger/Commodora team up, but I want to be sure it's the Capitán hunt before I start asking questions about it. Is it that or another thing?

This is just Chrono-Ranger in the RPG.  It is not a teamup.   Now it may have links to La Comodora based on what we heard during the OblivAeon episode

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Helfyre is a villain team mentioned in passing during Create a Story Live episode, that will be in the RPG at some point.

Time-Slinger is Chrono-Ranger's new name in the RPG.

Edit: Or I could get ninja'd by Powerhound.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

BrianleWolfhunt
Playtester

Thanks Powerhound, and thanks Jeysie for trying. 

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

They are so bad at priming us for episodes. XD

Congrats to the awards winners! Cult of Gloom sweeping the questions! I wonder how this will affect questions going forward. Will we get more people putting effort into being funny and/or awful?

JohnduBois

This is just encouragement for me to continue to push for absurdity like Wagers Masters (which I will forever insist is the correct plural of Wager Master).

Award-winning podcast listener

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

JohnduBois wrote:

This is just encouragement for me to continue to push for absurdity like Wagers Masters (which I will forever insist is the correct plural of Wager Master).

Much like deer is the plural of deer, the plural of Wager Master is also deer.

You didn't expect it to make sense, did you?

Remember, don't turn that frown upside down! Turn it into Eldritch Power to summon our Dark Master to Spite a world that has wronged you.

JohnduBois

Okay, now I want a story where Wager Master fights the Cult of Gloom. "Don't turn that frown upside down, turn it... Oh. You are now frowning and upside down. We are... not sure how to respond to this. Are you spiting a world that wronged you? No? You're just spiting us?"

Award-winning podcast listener

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

JohnduBois wrote:

Okay, now I want a story where Wager Master fights the Cult of Gloom. "Don't turn that frown upside down, turn it... Oh. You are now frowning and upside down. We are... not sure how to respond to this. Are you spiting a world that wronged you? No? You're just spiting us?"

Such a conflict is implied by our letter in the Wager Master episode!

Remember, don't turn that frown upside down! Turn it into Eldritch Power to summon our Dark Master to Spite a world that has wronged you.