New Forums are on the way. Please read this announcement for more information.

Chances of Good Pic of Tournament maps?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
godzilla999666
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: Sep 30, 2014
Chances of Good Pic of Tournament maps?

I love watching the tournaments. I learned much watching others and seeing what they are doing. I was wondering since Chris make a custom map, if maybe someone could post a good picture of the map, so that I can look at the map closer and see why the people in the tournemant made that move, or even help me follow along with hex count.  In the video, I can't see evelation so if there was a picture i could print out and pause the youtube and find it on my printout, it would help me greatly to follow along the action and improve my game.


Paul
Paul's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 5 days ago
Admin
Joined: Jul 27, 2011

We will look into posting those!


“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

Great! 


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

logan_mann
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 8 hours ago
Joined: Oct 03, 2011

Is there anyway those maps could be posted high quality so that if we wanted to print them for ourselves to use we could try it? Maybe not, but it would be cool to try playing on some of these maps. Totally post the tournement its used of course.

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: Apr 28, 2013

logan_mann wrote:
Is there anyway those maps could be posted high quality so that if we wanted to print them for ourselves to use we could try it? Maybe not, but it would be cool to try playing on some of these maps. Totally post the tournement its used of course.

I've only watched the first tournament thus far, but it seems to just be a single sheet with the tiles from the actual game printed onto a single sheet anyways, so there wouldn't be much point in that. You can even see the numbers identifying each tile if you look closely (though granted, I can't make out which number is which)- though you could just compare your own tiles to those used in the map, that'd probably be an easier way to rebuild it.

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Game Designer
Joined: May 02, 2013

MarioFanaticXV wrote:

 

logan_mann wrote:
Is there anyway those maps could be posted high quality so that if we wanted to print them for ourselves to use we could try it? Maybe not, but it would be cool to try playing on some of these maps. Totally post the tournement its used of course.

 

I've only watched the first tournament thus far, but it seems to just be a single sheet with the tiles from the actual game printed onto a single sheet anyways, so there wouldn't be much point in that. You can even see the numbers identifying each tile if you look closely (though granted, I can't make out which number is which)- though you could just compare your own tiles to those used in the map, that'd probably be an easier way to rebuild it.

 

Some of the tournament maps aren't reproducible with the tiles included with Sentienel Tactics.

Donner
Donner's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 1 min ago
Playtester
Joined: Mar 30, 2013

lutherbellhendricksv wrote:

 

MarioFanaticXV wrote:
 logan_mann wrote:
Is there anyway those maps could be posted high quality so that if we wanted to print them for ourselves to use we could try it? Maybe not, but it would be cool to try playing on some of these maps. Totally post the tournement its used of course. 

 

I've only watched the first tournament thus far, but it seems to just be a single sheet with the tiles from the actual game printed onto a single sheet anyways, so there wouldn't be much point in that. You can even see the numbers identifying each tile if you look closely (though granted, I can't make out which number is which)- though you could just compare your own tiles to those used in the map, that'd probably be an easier way to rebuild it.

 Some of the tournament maps aren't reproducible with the tiles included with Sentienel Tactics.

Aye.  The second and third tournament maps have more clear space than they should and some of the tiles have been partially duplicated onto others.  The power of Photoshop!


"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett