The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The Sentinels Fan Dorm

145 posts / 0 new
Last post
X-metal
X-metal's picture

*places note on cork board written in eldritch jibberish* hopefully someone here can read this. If not I'll just translate it into magmarian.

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Chaosmancer wrote:

You know Jeysie, I may have accidentally stumbled upon a small ritual or two that could help with the repairs... I just need three bags of flour and a sprig of holly. It should be perfectly safe to use as well, though, I think there also needs to be a discussion about doors that only unlock from the outside. So... you might want to talk to the landlord.

Oh, that sounds splendid. I'm sure we have those supplies on hand, and if we don't, they're wonderfully cheap. Cheap is good. Very good.

The landlord. Yes about that. He is a very very large, tall fellow who is rather quiet and only stops in from other realities occasionally to sort of loom ominously before leaving again. Discussions are a little thin on the ground as a result. I'm sure whatever modifications you need to make, you can consort with our wonderful maintenance staff and handle it.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

I don't know... I caught some of the mantience staff smuggling biomancer memrobilia in and talking about how great he is despite our strict no biomancer policy. I think they might be flesh children.

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

X-metal wrote:

I don't know... I caught some of the mantience staff smuggling biomancer memrobilia in and talking about how great he is despite our strict no biomancer policy. I think they might be flesh children.

I don't think we have a no-Biomancer policy, do we? Like am I going to have to throw away the Biomancer and fleshchildren figurines I bought? My VotM figurine set would be incomplete then! Aside from the Oblivaeon people, they'll be the only ones I don't have! Can we change it to no actual fleshchildren? (Also, trying to figure out a working dorm plan for this (if that's something you guys would be interested in), so there's that.)

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

X-metal wrote:

*places note on cork board written in eldritch jibberish* hopefully someone here can read this. If not I'll just translate it into magmarian.

*glances at cork board*

Wish I could, but my schedule is full on Thursdays, sorry

Jeysie wrote:

Chaosmancer wrote:
You know Jeysie, I may have accidentally stumbled upon a small ritual or two that could help with the repairs... I just need three bags of flour and a sprig of holly. It should be perfectly safe to use as well, though, I think there also needs to be a discussion about doors that only unlock from the outside. So... you might want to talk to the landlord.

Oh, that sounds splendid. I'm sure we have those supplies on hand, and if we don't, they're wonderfully cheap. Cheap is good. Very good.The landlord. Yes about that. He is a very very large, tall fellow who is rather quiet and only stops in from other realities occasionally to sort of loom ominously before leaving again. Discussions are a little thin on the ground as a result. I'm sure whatever modifications you need to make, you can consort with our wonderful maintenance staff and handle it.

Well... he may be unhappy with me, because I may or may not have talked to some eldritch beings and used some non-euclidian spatial works to have enough walls. I mean it was only for an additional 52 walls, but if I did something like that he may have been... unimpressed.

Anyways, not important, I'll get started in Rabit's room. Just a few minutes.

*begins chanting and drawing lines of flour all over the floor*

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Lord Flash Fire wrote:

(Also, trying to figure out a working dorm plan for this (if that's something you guys would be interested in), so there's that.) 

(That could be a ton of fun, if you could figure it out after all this craziness)

Lord Flash Fire

Chaosmancer wrote:

Lord Flash Fire wrote:
 (Also, trying to figure out a working dorm plan for this (if that's something you guys would be interested in), so there's that.) 

(That could be a ton of fun, if you could figure it out after all this craziness)

I'm sure it's nothing compared to the craziness you've been dealing with on your cork board.

-Someone special, 2012

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

Lord Flash Fire wrote:

Chaosmancer wrote:
 Lord Flash Fire wrote:

I'm sure it's nothing compared to the craziness you've been dealing with on your cork board.

I think it'll end up looking like the cork board

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

*finishes eldritch chanting, part of Rabit's room spins 90 degrees, dumping everything everywhere, but placing the hole as a window over the backwoods*

*takes another bite of void jelly bagel*

I don't use cork so much, after you have to rearrange things because some guy decided to rips through the timelines like a jerk enough times, you realize corkboard flakes and needs replacing. I go straight for the walls, though I do use putty rather than damage the arcane skein which allows me, I mean may or may not allow me, to keep the non-euclidian space that my multiple walls that may or may not exist use.

Also, replacing stuff gets expensive.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Lord Flash Fire wrote:

sounds awesome. Also...  One of the maintenance staff just tried to eat me. Couldn't handle my taste sensation. Exploded.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

X-metal wrote:

Also...  One of the maintenance staff just tried to eat me. Couldn't handle my taste sensation. Exploded.

That's not good. Does anybody here know if the maintenance staff are contagious?

X-metal, let us know if you start feeling any sudden urges to shamble, eat brains, or clean toilets.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Chaosmancer wrote:

Well... he may be unhappy with me, because I may or may not have talked to some eldritch beings and used some non-euclidian spatial works to have enough walls. I mean it was only for an additional 52 walls, but if I did something like that he may have been... unimpressed. Anyways, not important, I'll get started in Rabit's room. Just a few minutes. *begins chanting and drawing lines of flour all over the floor*

Oh I'm sure that won't be a problem. After all, it sounds like you have the extra walls well-contained within the building's overall structure with no major issues. Just try to keep your walls relatively sanitary; it's a bit difficult to clean all that extra surface, you know.

Lord Flash Fire wrote:
X-metal wrote:

I don't think we have a no-Biomancer policy, do we? Like am I going to have to throw away the Biomancer and fleshchildren figurines I bought? My VotM figurine set would be incomplete then! Aside from the Oblivaeon people, they'll be the only ones I don't have! Can we change it to no actual fleshchildren? (Also, trying to figure out a working dorm plan for this (if that's something you guys would be interested in), so there's that.) 

No, no restriction policies on anyone. We are a very friendly and welcoming place, where all we ask is that you generally try to refrain from major felonies because the paperwork involved when that happens, you don't even want to know about the paperwork.

And honestly people, there's no just need to cast aspersions on the poor staff just for being a little unusual. They come from a very nice temp agency which not only offered some very tasty Shirley Temples when I said IPAs just weren't my thing, but they also were willing to bid under our budget which is just splendid because we don't have one.

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

That's not good. Does anybody here know if the maintenance staff are contagious?

X-metal, let us know if you start feeling any sudden urges to shamble, eat brains, or clean toilets.

On the occasion anyone develops any strange urges to clean, I would note that the cleaning supplies can be found in the lefthand closet in the main hallway. Put any unused materials back after you're finished. Thank you.

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Still haven't found my room. Some of the Unity fans stole my laptop and electric razor and made a raptor bot from the parts which they used to chase me.  Fortunately, it was only the one raptor bot and a conveniently placed broom helped me to destroy it. The broom turned out to belong to a Fixer disciple who thought I was a spy from the organization and tried to challenge me to a game of kung fu tactics. He gathered his forces, and I pointed out to him that I was one man against the world, and that he and his friends were becoming the organization they hated. The existential crisis forced them to withdraw, and I was left alone, confused, and still without a room. Does anyone have a map? I guess I can check the cork board to see if there's any useful information.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Don't worry guys I'll be fine. I'm just gonna take a walk.

*passes Nielzabub in the hallway*

*notices how dirty they are*

eugh! What happened to you?

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Lord Flash Fire is working on a map, but if you aren't picky you can always take the room at the end of the salad bar. The last guy who was in there turned it into an garden of some sort. He was a nice fellow, always mumbling about something, and then he left a few years ago "to show them all".

Anyways, everyone whose tried to move in hasn't stayed. Something about it being deadly and they can't believe we eat that stuff. But, it works as a temp room until we can find you a better fit.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

I remember that room. I stayed there a while. Perfect for occult summoning rituals. And for the information of everyone: don't eat the food. I may or may not have infected it with occult magic.

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

Heythere. Sorry for showing up so late. Was waiting for my them to frame my ¿Quando? ¡Ahora! Picture.

I am president of "Why must C&A kill all those so love?" Still haven't gotten over NightMist smile as she leaves to becoming the gate. Tears. They also left Maria Helena to sift outside of time and space.
While less sad about it, do they gun down Tachy and just let Visionary go out with A whimper.

We cope with our lost by complaining, making up possibilities where they can come back or just denying that it happened when we play the RPG.

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

*Pulls over Jausie and LFF, since J apparently is the one in charge of the organized chaos and LFF is working on the dorm map. I hold a copy of avaiable dorm rooms list in my hand*

I'll be taking the room on the end of the hall on the top floor. I need to get my stuff out of the damn hall way.

I also need to reserve the highest point in the building indefinitly for... reasons.

*A loud clatter can be heard from the hall, a 'maintinance staff member' about to throw my stuff in the trash*

*Gripping a rolled up newspaper* NO! Bad custodian! Drop it!

Lord Flash Fire

Phantom5613 wrote:

*Pulls over Jausie and LFF, since J apparently is the one in charge of the organized chaos and LFF is working on the dorm map. I hold a copy of avaiable dorm rooms list in my hand*I'll be taking the room on the end of the hall on the top floor. I need to get my stuff out of the damn hall way.I also need to reserve the highest point in the building indefinitly for... reasons.*A loud clatter can be heard from the hall, a 'maintinance staff member' about to throw my stuff in the trash**Gripping a rolled up newspaper* NO! Bad custodian! Drop it!

Um... the rooms are all on the same level, but... sure. You can have either a C or D room. 

(Sorry to spoil most of your fun guys, but this is supposed to end up looking organized after I'm done with the link. There's another link to a Google form at the end of the doc that lets you give feedback and tell me who not to put with you or you you want to be with. Noone except me will see what you answered, and I won't be offended (too much) if you don't want me anywhere near your dorm. And I probably won't be able to please all of you, so I'm sorry if you get stuck with someone you don't particularly like. I'm starting with batch 1 of signups, which ends the 20th, and I'll have a map for you by the first of December! 

-Someone special, 2012

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Iilled put the form. Quick tip: if you do t like eldritch whispers and the occasional demon stopping by DONT REQUEST TO ROOM NEAR ME!!!

Lord Flash Fire

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if this is just becoming a Cult of Gloom fanclub.

-Someone special, 2012

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

(OOC: I'm a little curious what will happen if I make no requests, kind of just randomly thrown together with a bunch of people. Also, I figure I will often be just referencing different parts of the building. Some may be real, others not. I'm perfectly fine with saying something and it ends up not actually existing. I think that's kind of funny and fits with how I've been approaching this whole thing. But, if it ends up getting annoying, let me know and I'll stop.)

*puts down out of character sign* :P

President speedyolrac, good to see your room is finished. But I must ask, by your lack of reference to the Scholar and Ra, have you finally cracked the code to where they really are during the Oblivaeon climax or are you still in severe denial.

I've got a map of leylines to point out the scholar's possible location, but Ra eludes me thanks to Amit and a temporary moritorum on contacting agents of the Underworld.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Lord Flash Fire wrote:

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if this is just becoming a Cult of Gloom fanclub.

OOC: I've been going for the "cheerful but beleaguered admin assistant" vibe (helps that's often been my job in real life...), while also looking for ways to avoid having to come up with too many specific details to keep straight for NPCs. Also I like morbid comedy and surreal weirdness in general.

...and also yeah I do like both the Cult of Gloom and Biomancer. >_>;

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

X-metal wrote:

I remember that room. I stayed there a while. Perfect for occult summoning rituals. And for the information of everyone: don't eat the food. I may or may not have infected it with occult magic.

Does it work as a replacement for a swamp? Or should I really just head down the next block to the real one?

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Theta_Sigma wrote:

X-metal wrote:

Does it work as a replacement for a swamp? Or should I really just head down the next block to the real one?

its a great substitute for  a swamp. You don't want to use the real one. It's infested with ticks and mosquitos. You'll get malaria.

also: I'm not a cult of gloom member. I'm more like gloom weavers... Superior. Let's go with that.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Done! I do enjoy salad. 

Does anyone know who refills the salad bar? Whenever I pass by, all the food is mysteriously replaced. Also, I think one of the plants wants to kill me. Every time I get close to it, it's little leaves try to strangle me. It's adorable. 

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Lord Flash Fire

If you guys couldn't tell, that thing in my earlier post was a link drop .

Oop, there's another one.

-Someone special, 2012

X-metal
X-metal's picture

I love how body questions the fact that I'm the boss of an eldritch abomination.

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

*heads back to dprcooke's room for more coffee*

*scribbles down a notation*

By the way Jeysie, did you ever get the full definition of "pets" for this place, I may have... noticed... some more... exoctic...  creatures roaming around the roof last night. I'm pretty sure life from that moon is relatively harmless here on Earth, but since they followed someone home they may count under the whole "pet" category, and I don't want to get anyone in any trouble with any body.

Also, I may have had to feed them some of the bathroom towels to get them to stop wailing, so we'll need some replacements.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Oh dear. We try to have an inclusive policy on pets because we understand pets can be as close as family and can provide important companionship. But we're also mindful of allergy issues, and towels are expensive, gosh darn it. Uh, can we possibly feed them something less expensive than towels? I'm open to suggestions.

Also if anyone happens to have guests who are visiting and staying in hotels, or friends who work at a hotel, we'd be open to certain arrangements for procuring more towels. Try to go for the really fluffy ones. And maybe some of those cute little hand soaps, too.

(@LordFlashFire: I'm just assuming I sleep in the back room of the admin office, since I think I'm the only ladyperson in the thread anyway.)

Blackfang108
Playtester

So long as there's no cats.  I like breathing.

I'll take one of the rooms near the central area.  My door's generally open while I'm awake and here. 

My computer's usually on, and my gaming table is sizable.  As in, I can change the size on the fly.

Lord Flash Fire

I had a large complex planned out. Then, I made a 24-person complex. Today's the deadline, and I currently have 4 submissions.

There isn't a dorm plan.

Sorry.

Carry on.

-Someone special, 2012

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Blackfang108 wrote:

So long as there's no cats.  I like breathing.I'll take one of the rooms near the central area.  My door's generally open while I'm awake and here. My computer's usually on, and my gaming table is sizable.  As in, I can change the size on the fly.

Save me a seat for any sentinel comics rpg campaigns you run!

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

*wakes up under a pile of paper and strings*

Helloooo, is anybody still here or did I miss the train again?

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Chaosmancer wrote:

*wakes up under a pile of paper and strings* Helloooo, is anybody still here or did I miss the train again?

*reaches out hand to help you up* you okay man. Looks like your theory collapsed. You'll have to set the buliten board up all over again.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Blackfang108 wrote:

So long as there's no cats.  I like breathing.I'll take one of the rooms near the central area.  My door's generally open while I'm awake and here. My computer's usually on, and my gaming table is sizable.  As in, I can change the size on the fly.

There were cats.  They, uh, ran off.  Yeah.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

X-metal wrote:

Chaosmancer wrote:
*wakes up under a pile of paper and strings* Helloooo, is anybody still here or did I miss the train again?

*reaches out hand to help you up* you okay man. Looks like your theory collapsed. You'll have to set the buliten board up all over again.

Dang it, I liked that theory. I was even able to connect Kaagra to Queen Beryl. That really changed the tone of Baron Blade destroying the Moon Kingdom

(I'm curious how many people realize what reference this is)

X-metal
X-metal's picture

*tacks note onto cork board* maybe I should post the link online instead of in real life where we can't copy and paste.

https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/the-official-freedom-five-animated-series-discussion-thread-10906

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

Chaosmancer wrote:

President speedyolrac, good to see your room is finished. But I must ask, by your lack of reference to the Scholar and Ra, have you finally cracked the code to where they really are during the Oblivaeon climax or are you still in severe denial.  I've got a map of leylines to point out the scholar's possible location, but Ra eludes me thanks to Amit and a temporary moratorium on contacting agents of the Underworld.

I do have a Spot for all those who have passed or are no longer with us. Scholar and Ra and another I have missed (Frankly I just made the club to mourn Faye and Maria Helena, but It has since grown). I know that Ra is still around in MistStorm (Blake is dead, along with the Ennad's human host, RPG HYPE) and others may come back (La Comodora has been stated as "We had have for her") but until they return we sad Celebrate their life and mourn there passing.

Side note: I would gladly GM any RPG for the Dorms, but would also really enjoy playing. I did manage to a copy of the RPG, might have went to a swamp and meet people but I got it.

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

I don't understand this fascination with swamps. They are infested with large insects, and ancient libraries are equally good for contacting that which should not be contacted. Sure, you have to bring your own power source and avoid ancient librarians who know way more than they let on, but you avoid all the bugs.

Those bugs are quarter size OR LARGER, it is not worth it.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Chaosmancer wrote:
Those bugs are quarter size OR LARGER, it is not worth it.

They are always full size.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Chaosmancer wrote:

I don't understand this fascination with swamps. They are infested with large insects, and ancient libraries are equally good for contacting that which should not be contacted. Sure, you have to bring your own power source and avoid ancient librarians who know way more than they let on, but you avoid all the bugs. Those bugs are quarter size OR LARGER, it is not worth it.

it is perfectly worth it if you require fresh materials from those bugs for your rituals.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

The problem with ancient libraries is that librarians are really scary if you make too much noise. Who knew there was so many silent ways to, er, "eject" someone?

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Well, 99 ways to silently make people disappear is required reading for all Librarians.

The real trouble is they have all 6 volumes in the catalogue.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

You wanna know the perfect place to due eldritch rituals: New Jersey.

Lord Flash Fire

X-metal wrote:

I take it you’ve seen the recent Boards Alive Plays video?

If not, check it out. It’s great, hilarious, and there’s so much shade thrown on the Jersey shore.

Also, I might’ve been training my would-be hero prowess and might have been overtaken in comb.... well... There’s a much less murderous but 5 times stronger Jack Donovan running rampant on the 4th floor. Can I get some help? And then maybe a recovery period in the medical wing? 

-Someone special, 2012

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Lord Flash Fire wrote:

X-metal wrote:

I take it you’ve seen the recent Boards Alive Plays video?If not, check it out. It’s great, hilarious, and there’s so much shade thrown on the Jersey shore. Also, I might’ve been training my would-be hero prowess and might have been overtaken in comb.... well... There’s a much less murderous but 5 times stronger Jack Donovan running rampant on the 4th floor. Can I get some help? And then maybe a recovery period in the medical wing? 

hold on. Let me get the freedom five on the phone. I have them on speed dial. 

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I thought only Tachy was on speed dial?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

The fourth floor! But that's where I hid my coffee reserves!

*rushes upstairs with glowing eyes*

FOR THE COFFEE!!!

Blackfang108
Playtester

*facepalm*

There's a Starbucks accross the street, if you REALLY need coffee.

*sigh*

I will never understand the romance people have with coffee.

*pours glass of Big Hugs*

Pages