The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

SotM Event #22: The Name Game for the App

103 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

It took a whole to build them up but by the end or the third round at worst I wasn't having much trouble picking things off.  Typically tried to use Silver  Gulch to my advantage to take out lower health villain targets.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

When I was fighting Dawn with Unity, I generally tried to keep one citizen at low each HP or bring out Bee Bot as Kraken insurance.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Finally added in some stats. If anybody wants me to track something else, just say so.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Considering it's all I did, I gave AZ/Leg/Haka the name "Stall for Haka".

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10
Death and the dice level all distinctions. -Samuel Foote

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

This event has now been updated to include Rook City. We only have 261 more teams to name!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Haka is hungry. With Unity and The Visionary, they are Part of a Complete Breakfast.

Haka may or may not have eaten golems and decoy projections for breakfast.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Powerhound_2000

Nice

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Pydro wrote:

This event has now been updated to include Rook City. We only have 261 more teams to name!

You jerk, I read this and freaked out thinking RC was now live on the app.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Fanatic, Unity and Wraith take down Dawn, Ambuscade abd Omnitron (after a horrible 3rd round loss to Voss) to form Holy Golems Batman.

Powerhound_2000

AZ, Haka, and Fanatic formed the team Stop Hitting Yourself! to take down Ambuscade, Blade, and Voss. 

afgncaap
afgncaap's picture

Absolute Zero, Legacy, and Ra (through much effort, a few loses, and a plethora of fire damage) defeated Baron Blade, Omnitron, and Cosmic Omnitron and earned the name "That's not burn cream!"

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

AZ, Haka, and Fanatic formed the team Stop Hitting Yourself! to take down Ambuscade, Blade, and Voss. 

Nice! How did Ronway not snag that one =)

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Aaagh! Someone sniped the one I spent hours trying to do. "That's not burn cream!" is pretty good, though.

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10

Powerhound_2000

I don't think Ronway has heavily participated in this.  At least that's what I assume

afgncaap
afgncaap's picture

With Grand Warlord Voss, Mad Bomber Blade, and Omnitron taken care Fanatic and Tempest help Haka teach his kindergarten class that, like the number five, "Three is a Prime Number."  The children are left wonder what a prime number is.

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Is it boring that Legacy is my favorite character?

Anyway. Legacy, Absolute Zero and Tachyon teamed up as... "Fast Acting Extra Strength Icy Hot" against Baron, Voss and Ambuscade.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

I don't think Ronway has heavily participated in this.  At least that's what I assume

Sadly I have not. A mixture of things is causing my lack of participation in this event: I have been busy (you may have noticed my overall posting activity has dropped within the last few months), can't think of a team names, and enjoy playing random so much it is hard to set down and play as 3 of the same heroes in a series of games.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Haka, Bunker and Tachyon are now Eats, Shoots and Leaves!

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Lol!  Awesome.  These names are great guys.  Thanks for cracking me up.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Aaaand I'm-a "Chargin' mah LAZUs!" with Absolute Zero, Legacy and Unity.

Hot damn they had some difficulties with Baron Blood. And Grand Warlord Voss was all luck. But Ambuscade was a cakewalk.

Only 34 more Legacy teams to go! Gonna just chug through those...

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

phantaskippy wrote:

Haka, Bunker and Tachyon are now Eats, Shoots and Leaves!

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

I think, you, me, and eviltoon have put in the most names. Eviltoon I think is leading with number of team names contributed.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The Stats tab has that info.

Honolulu Blue

Absolute Zero, Legacy, and the Wraith defeated Ambuscade, Baron Blade, and Grand Warlord Voss.  They will forever be known as Team Motivational Charge.

Powerhound_2000

Fanatic, Tachyon, and AZ formed Holy Science AZ who took down Blade, Voss, and Omnitron. 

Fanatic, Tempest, and AZ joined forces as Holy Hailstorm to take down Blade, Voss, and Dawn

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Bunker, Fanatic, and Fixer are BFFs.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Take Fanatic, the Wraith, Unity

And Ra, Tempest, and lastly AZ

My new joke is here

Check where they all appear

to learn how to keep an idiot busy

(Actually, the teams were AZ, Fanatic, and Unity, and Ra, Tempest, and Wraith, but that didn't rhyme as well.)

Also, Pydro, you need to update the sheet.  I think that when you added the new teams, you forgot to extend the formulas for the name column.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Fixed. Thanks!

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Fixer, Unity, and Tachyon clean up the streets of the world as The Maintenance Crew.

Powerhound_2000

AZ, Bunker, and Mr Fixer combined forces as Slow and steady wins the race.   They managed to defeat Voss, Spite, and Ambuscade.   Let me tell you this was probably one of the more frustrating teams.   Often I found myself being unable to deal with Ongoings and that made attempted matches against Plague Rat and Blade result in losses.  Honestly, Mr Fixer was typically my most effective hero but he also ended up the first to die a lot too.  

Benhimself
Benhimself's picture
Playtester

Introducing Team Two Equals Zero: featuring "Sucker Punch" Tachyon, "Wrathful Gaze" Ra, and Mister "Tire Iron" Fixer. Those last two hit points are for chumps! Handily taking down Baron Blade, Plague Rat, and Citizen Dawn. Sadly wasn't quite able to pull off the "defeat on Powered By The Sun" side. Next time!

Rath
Playtester

Not all heroes have a natural advantage. Some have to struggle, to strive, to survive. Those who put themselves in harms way against the forces that terrorize this planet, knowing that the only things standing between them and their doom are their wits and their skills are truly Beyond Human Limits.

(Expat, Fixer, and Wraith, for the as the no powers team. Fun fact: The last game with them was actually won by the police backup, for extra flavor!)

Benhimself
Benhimself's picture
Playtester

BULLET HELL: (Grandpa) Legacy, Visionary, and Expatriette. Legacy gives Expatriette more powers, Visionary gives Expatriette more cards (her greatest weakness), and Expatriette loads, reloads, and unloads her many many guns into her many, many enemies. Villains defeated include Cosmic Omnitron, Mad Bomber Baron Blade, and the Chairman because SOMEBODY had to.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

Grandpa Legacy, DW Expatriette, and DW Fixer join together as Soldiers of Fortune

They fought Voss, Mother Dearest, and Plague Rat.

bullfroggy95
bullfroggy95's picture

Fixer, Tempest and Visionary showed Ambuscade, Mad Bomber Blade and Citizen Dawn why they're Team Twisting The Ethers! With Grease Monkey Fist, Elemental Subwave Inducer and the titular card Twist The Ether, there is no damage type they can't do!

Powerhound_2000

AZ, Expat, and Fixer formed Cold Blind Justice.   They took out Ambuscade, Bomber Blade, and Voss.  

Powerhound_2000

Haka, Legacy, and Mr Fixer joined forces as Too old for this sh*t.   They took down Omnitron, Matriarch, and Voss.   

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Let's see if we can finish this off. From now on, you only have to win 1 game with thr team to name it. That still leaves 191 games yet to be played!

Powerhound_2000

The form still requires three villains to be chosen.  

AZ, Bunker, and Expat are Setting up the Bomb.   They took down Baron Blade despite his devious disruptions. 

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I always forget stuff like that. Fixed. Thanks!

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Fanatic, Expat, and Wraith took down Citizen Dawn as the Femme Fatales.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Mr. Fixer, Expat, and Bunker defended the streets of Megalopolis from Baron Blade's bombs as The Powerless.

Powerhound_2000

Tempest, Visionary, and Wraith in the Ruins of Atlantis formed  Release the Kraken as the setup the Kraken to take down Omnitron and his army of drones.  

Absolute Zero, Fanatic, and Mr. Fixer have Fists of Fire after defeating Ambuscade in the Ruins of Atlantis. 

Legacy, Mr. Fixer, Ra are the Ancient Powers who took down Citizen Dawn at Wagner Mars Base as Legacy spent a lot of the game with Take Down in play while slowing the self destruct sequence.  

Powerhound_2000

Absolute Zero, Mr Fixer, and Tachyon formed Frost Fever to fend off Plague Rat in Insula Primalis.  

Powerhound_2000

The Even Worst Team of Mr Fixer, Expat, and Visionary defeated Baron Blade in the Ruins of Atlantis.  

Powerhound_2000

Time to catch up on the badly named teams I've formed 
Haka, Mr. Fixer, and Wraith combined forces for Ancient Kung Fu to take down the Plague Rat
Haka, Mr. Fixer, and Visionary used the Power of Mind and Fist to trample Plague Rat
Haka, Mr. Fixer, and Ra started a Grease fire to take down Plague Rat
Expatriette, Mr. Fixer, and Unity are the Tinkerers who took down Mad Bomber Blade
Expatriette, Mr. Fixer, and Tempest used a lot of Gun recovery to take down Citizen Dawn
Expatriette, Mr. Fixer, and Tachyon are Speedy Blind Justice and they took Plague Rat down a notch
Expatriette, Mr. Fixer, and Ra discovered Fire is Blind against Grand Warlord Voss
Expatriette, Tachyon, and Tempest used AOE are us to take down Grand Warlord Voss and his minions 

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I actually like Ancient Kung Fu. AOE are us is also good, but I already named a team the AOE brigade. Tempest is in both teams. Maybe they can do a future crossover event.

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Whew. Finally did all the Legacy ones.

Unity is pretty frustrating on his teams: you end up with two people doing slow-build-up utility support.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

Fanatic, Visionary, and Mr. Fixer teamed up as the Knights Radiant.  (Although Visionary didn't actually deal any radiant damage to Citizen Dawn).  Eventually, Omnitron-X and the Scholar will be invited to join their team, but that may be some time in coming.

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Looks like we are all working through Fixer next! Let's do this.

Pages