The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

SCUverse Game 1: Omnitron / Megalopolis

133 posts / 0 new
Last post
BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Didn't the EPE already get decked on Oaktree's turn?

Anyway, I don't have my cards right now, but Tachyon will be drawing two, so everyone else can go ahead and do things.

EDIT: Tich-Tach draws Research Grant and Synaptic Interruption, decks Synaptic Interruption, draws Synaptic Interruption and Pushing the Limits, decks Synaptic Interruption.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:
Didn't the EPE already get decked on Oaktree's turn?

Ah yes, actually, it did; the card that was bottomed during Omnitron's play phase was a [REDACTED].

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Paging Dr. Phantaskippy...Bunker is on turn.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Because I have company until Wednesday morning (significantly delayed due to the ice storm that hit MI before Christmas, and staying here later than originally planned due to the forecast winter weather system that should hit me, I'm posting a turn now for when my turn rolls around.

If I'm following properly, Hostage Situation is currently in play and therefore the good guys can't play cards. If that changes before the start of my turn, I'll revise (but I don't think it can).

HP: 19

Hand: Focused Apertures, Cryo Chamber, Hoarfire, Isothermic Transducer, Cold Snap, Frost-Bound Drain, Coolant Blast, Onboard Module Installation

In Play:

Trash: Onboard Module Installation, Impale, Null-Point Calibration Unit

Deck: ? x 25, Modular Realignment, Thermal Shockwave, Focused Apertures, Null-Point Calibration Unit

-------

Start: Nothing

Play: Nothing

Power: Nothing

Draw: Sub-Zero Atmosphere and Cryo Chamber. Keep Sub-Zero, deck Cryo Chamber. Draw Frost-Bound Drain and Thermal Shockwave. Keep Thermal Shockwave, deck Frost-Bound Drain (an unusual decision for me.)

End: Nothing

-------

Hand: Focused Apertures, Cryo Chamber, Hoarfire, Isothermic Transducer, Cold Snap, Frost-Bound Drain, Coolant Blast, Onboard Module Installation, Sub-Zero Atmosphere, Thermal Shockwave

In Play:

Trash: Onboard Module Installation, Impale, Null-Point Calibration Unit

Deck: ? x 21, Modular Realignment, Thermal Shockwave, Focused Apertures, Null-Point Calibration Unit, Cryo Chamber, Thermal Shockwave

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

(phantaskippy seems to have fallen off the map temporarily.  Do other players want me to play his turn so we can continue?)

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Sure. For the record, I vote that Bunker deploy and use the grenade launcher.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

phantaskippy wrote:

With Christmas here and new years, and then I'm gone to Magfest from the 2nd to 5th.  So after I get back I'll start the new episode, around the 6th or 7th.  If someone else wants to run a game go for it, since I think we are down to one game going on right now.

Since we've waited this long, I'm in favour of waiting the day or so it'll take him to return.

-Reckless

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Ah...I never saw and/or forgot about that note.  We'll wait.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Thanks for waiting, I got really ill after Christmas and then went to Magfest, but I'm back now.

THE INDESTRUCTIBLE BUNKER

HP:  18

In Play:  

Hand:  Auxiliary Power Source, Flak Cannon, Heavy Plating, Upgrade Mode

Trash:  Gatling gun, Grenade Launcher, Maintenance, Recharge Mode, Upgrade Mode

-------------------------

Start of Turn:  

Play a Card:  

Use a Power:  Initialize:  External Combustion to hand, Turret Mode to bottom of deck

Draw a Card:  Flak Cannon to hand, Adhesive Foam Grenade to Bottom of deck.

End of Turn:  

HP:  18

In Play:  

Hand:  Auxiliary Power Source, External Combustion, Flak Cannon(2), Heavy Plating, Upgrade Mode

Trash:  Gatling gun, Grenade Launcher,Maintenance Unit, Recharge Mode, Upgrade Mode

Deck:  20+Recharge Mode, Decomissioned Hardware, Auxiliary Power Source, Heavy Plating, Adhesive Foam Grenade, Grenade Launcher, Maintenance Unit, Turret Mode, Adhesive Foam Grenade

Halfway point of my deck.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

I posted a turn while waiting.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Right, Oaktree is next, and I'll announce OT's next two cards forget that I destroyed the Infrared Eyepiece, then jffdougan's turn slots in and dpt will need to post, and then it's movie time again.

EDIT:  Aww, Bunker didn't feel like firing a Foam Grenade into downtown traffic?  The Papparazzi will admire his restraint....

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Wraith

Wraith shakes her head as small pieces of fried electronics and equipment fly past and out of her cloak.  "Should have expected something like that."

HP - 18

In Play:

Hand: Micro Targeting Computer, Infrared Eyepiece, Throwing Knives, Razor Ordnance, Utility Belt, Smoke Bombs, Stun Bolt, Mega Computer, Impromptu Invention, Grappling Hook

Trash:

Deck:  20x ?, Trust Fund, Throat Jab, Razor Ordnance, Utility Belt, Throwing Knives, Micro targeting Computer, Mega Computer, Suture Self, Infrared Eyepiece

Trash: Infrared Eyepiece, Utility Belt

--------------------------------------------------------

Start of Turn:

Play a Card: (Blocked by Hostage Situation)

Power: Activate Stealth

Draw: Combat Stance and Smoke Bombs - Smoke Bombs to bottom of deck

End of Turn:

-------------------------------------------------------

HP - 18

In Play:

Hand: Micro Targeting Computer, Infrared Eyepiece, Throwing Knives, Razor Ordnance, Utility Belt, Smoke Bombs, Stun Bolt, Mega Computer, Impromptu Invention, Grappling Hook, Combat Stance

Trash:

Deck:  18x ?, Trust Fund, Throat Jab, Razor Ordnance, Utility Belt, Throwing Knives, Micro targeting Computer, Mega Computer, Suture Self, Infrared Eyepiece, Smoke Bombs

Effects: Next Damage that would be dealt to Wraith reduced by 2.

ST:

ET:

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

America's Finest Legacy

HP: 20

Hand: Lead from the Front, "Thokk!", Bolster Allies, Fortitude, Flying Smash, Heroic Interception, Motivational Charge

In play: Next Evolution

Trash: Inspiring Presence

Start of hero turn: Galvanize expires.

Play a card: Blocked

Use a power: Galvanize. Hero targets deal +1 damage until the start of my next turn.

Draw a card: "Thokk!" and Heroic Interception. Deck "Thokk!", Heroic Interception to my hand.

End of hero turn:

HP: 20

Hand: Lead from the Front, "Thokk!", Bolster Allies, Fortitude, Flying Smash, Heroic Interception (x2), Motivational Charge

Trash: Inspiring Presence

Deck: ??, Back-Fist Strike, Superhuman Durability, Lead from the Front, Inspiring Presence, Surge of Strength, Fortitude, Bolster Allies, "Thokk!"

Additional effects: Heroes deal +1 damage until start of my next turn.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

EXT - BATTLE IN DOWNTOWN MEGALOPOLIS, NIGHT

Long panning shot of a monorail train zooming overhead (from upper left to lower right, since the one in Spider-Man 2 ran straight left and the one in Batman Begins came from the lower left).  OMNITRON "looks" up at it, and an ominous red glow flashes in the cab, then the train slams on the brakes and begins to derail.

Megalopolis

In Play:  Police Backup, Hostage Situation

Trash:

Start of Turn:   Heroes may discard 1 card each to end Hostage Situation

Play a Card: Plummeting Monorail.

End of Turn:  The cops fire ineffectually at projectile-proof Omnitron.

In Play:  Police Backup, Plummeting Monorail [10].

Trash:  Hostage Situation?

Effects:  At start of next environment turn, the Train will hit things.

EXT. - BATTLE IN DOWTOWN MEGALOPOLIS, NIGHT

Omnitron's body settles down in place and unfolds, the formerly mobile mechanical terror unfolding into a stationary installation.  Great tentacular waldoes snake out from between his triangular plates, scoop up the broken chunks of the smashed Automatons, and quickly reassemble them as fast as they can be demolished.  Meanwhile, a great and terrible device rises into view atop a gunmetal-gray pedestal, its blue core thrumming with destructive power.

Round Four

Omnitron - Currently a Rampaging Robot, soon to be a Self-Aware Robotics Factory

Omnitron - 92

In Play: Adaptive Plating Subroutine (projectile), S-85 Automaton Drone [4].

Trash:

Start of Turn: Flip to Self-Aware Robotics Factory side.

Play a Card: Electropulse Explosive (another card bottomed).

End of Turn:  Omnitron rebuilds the Automaton Drones (one card, representing at least five robots which are the card's HP).

S-84 Drone skitters up to Tachyon and stabs her for 3.

S-85 Drone shoots frickin' laser beams at Legacy for 5.

Omnitron - 92

In Play: Adaptive Plating Subroutine (projectile), S-84 Assault Drone [4], Electro-Pulse Explosive [15], S-85 Automaton Drone [5].

Trash:  Sedative Flechettes, Technological Singularity.

Deck:  11x ?, [CARD], [CARD], S-85 Automaton Drone, Interpolation Beam, Electro-Pulse Explosive, [CARD], [CARD], [CARD].

Effects: ST: Flip.

ST:  That Bomb deals its HP in energy damage to highest-HP hero.

ET: Rebuild a destroyed Component or Drone.

ET:  Assault Drone deals 2 melee damage, +1 for each other Drone in play, to highest-HP hero.

ET:  Automaton Drone deals its HP in energy damage to highest-HP hero.

When Omnitron takes damage, it become immune to the type of that damage until it takes damage of another type.

Hero HP: Tachyon 18, Bunker 18, Wraith 18, Absolute Zero 19, Legacy 15

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Wraith will discard Stun Bolt for the beginning of the Environment Turn in order to get rid of Hostage Situation.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

"OW, frickthathurtgetoffmeyoulittleblighteryou! Oh..." Tachyon gazes at the Electro-Pulse Explosive. "That is alsobeautifulbutexceedinglydangerousGUYS! Thatthingtakeitout!" She pauses for a moment - well, to her it seems that she takes a moment to think, but to the people around her her perpetual blur merely slows for a moment - then launches into a run, striking at weak points on several of the robots. "Takefiveguys, Igotthis!"

[Discard Nimble Strike for Hostage Situation]

Tachyon

In Play:

Hand:  Accelerated Assault, Sonic Vortex, Hypersonic Assault, Lightspeed Barrage, Research Grant, Pushing The Limits

Deck: ?x16, Lightspeed Barrage, Accelerated Assault, Hypersonic Assault, Blinding Speed, Supersonic Response, Hypersonic Assault, Synaptic Interruption, Sucker Punch, Lightspeed Barrage, Synaptic Interruption, Synaptic Interruption

Trash: Fleet of Foot x3, Accelerated Assault, Pushing The Limits, Nimble Strike x2 [6]

Start of Turn:

Play a Card:  Pushing The Limits

Hypersonic Assault; Tachyon deals 2 sonic damage to Omnitron [90, immune to sonic], S-83 [2], EPE [13], S-85 [3], Monorail [8]. All targets hit cannot deal damage until the start of Tacky-Woo's next turn.

Use a Power:  Rapid Recon reveals and replaces Research Grant.

Draw a Card:  Research Grant and Blinding Speed, deck Research Grant. Supersonic Response and HUD Goggles, deck Supersonic Response.

End of Turn:

In Play: Pushing The Limits

Hand:  Accelerated Assault, Sonic Vortex, Lightspeed Barrage, Research Grant, Blinding Speed, HUD Goggles

Deck: ?x12, Lightspeed Barrage, Accelerated Assault, Hypersonic Assault, Blinding Speed, Supersonic Response, Hypersonic Assault, Synaptic Interruption, Sucker Punch, Lightspeed Barrage, Synaptic Interruption, Synaptic Interruption, Research Grant, Supersonic Response

Trash: Fleet of Foot x3, Accelerated Assault, Pushing The Limits, Nimble Strike x2, Hypersonic Assault [6]

-Reckless

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Bunker drops Flak Cannon for Hostage.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Any comments on priorities for this round?  We have a grace period due to Tachyon before the EPE blows so I presume weakening it will be the main target.  Beyond that I do have a Grappling Hook available so either Omnitron's Plating Routine or the Monorail can be taken out.  I would presume the former since that will simplify attacks on Omnitron going forward, but would be willing to give a hearing anyone who thinks the Monorail should get it instead.

And I presume the drones will deserve some attention before they build up too much.

And since this is game discussion outside of "in character" I am curious why BlueHairedMeerkat has not had Tachyon save a Synaptic Interruption.  It's an effective EPE counter card.  (Not a criticism, part of the reason I want to play and read forum games is to learn alternate strategies and plays for various heroes since it is how to learn to play them better.)

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

My priority as AZ is still going to be getting set up, since I've now been wiped twice.

I should also note that Bunker gets his full turn right now, since I'm between him & Wraith.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

jffdougan wrote:

My priority as AZ is still going to be getting set up, since I've now been wiped twice.I should also note that Bunker gets his full turn right now, since I'm between him & Wraith.

Bunker is up.  Then Wraith I think - with AZ and Legacy rounding things out.  Since I have an Impromtu Invention available I should be able to get a weapon out and hit something - probably Throwing Knives since I can then hit the EPE and both drones for 2 each at the very least.  Additional play from there can potentially be increasing that, Utility Belt back out, or as mentioned using the Grappling Hook on something.  Will wait and see what Bunker does first in any case before deciding.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

HP:  18

In Play:  

Hand:  Auxiliary Power Source, External Combustion, Flak Cannon(2), Heavy Plating, Upgrade Mode

Trash:  Gatling gun, Grenade Launcher, Maintenance, Recharge Mode, Upgrade Mode

Start of Turn:  

Play a Card:  Upgrade Mode, Heavy Plating 

Use a Power:  

Draw a Card:  Ammo Drop to hand, Flak Cannon to Bottom of deck.

End of Turn:  

In Play:  Upgrade Mode, Heavy Plating

Hand:  Ammo Drop, Auxiliary Power Source, External Combustion, Flak Cannon(2), Heavy Plating

Trash:  Gatling gun, Grenade Launcher,Maintenance Unit, Recharge Mode, Upgrade Mode

Deck:  18+Recharge Mode, Decomissioned Hardware, Auxiliary Power Source, Heavy Plating, Adhesive Foam Grenade, Grenade Launcher, Maintenance Unit, Turret Mode, Adhesive Foam Grenade, Flak Cannon

We have 11 cards in the villain deck, and Omni will go through 4 of them this turn.  Likelihood we get another Singularity or Flechettes is good, and in two more turns we'll clear all but one non-rejected card from the deck.  Rejected cards will make up at least three turns of play after that.

My plan is to Combustion everything next turn, for 4 damage if Legs can Galvanize again.  Anything at 4 health or less can die that way.  (unless we see flechettes I will Ammo Drop first, so please leave as many things at 4 or less health as we can)

Strategy:

16 cards are unknown, the next 13 in the deck and the last 3

There are 6 drones, 5 components, 2 terraforming, 1 singularity, 1 flechettes and 1 adaptive plating unacounted for.  I think we can assume priorities will eliminate Repair drones while Omni is high HP and most Components, that's 7 of the cards easily chosen to bury.  Terraforming right now would burn 4 cards and play 2, basically meaning we will see destruction cards soon, and probably attack drones mixed in.

I doubt AZ or I will get too set up as it takes 13 card plays to go through Omni's deck entirely, and 4 of those are destruction cards, which averages to every other round if no Terraformings are played.

The speed at which he will burn his deck and the ability to cut the fat out is far more benefitial to Omni and his destruction cards than it is to us, since we are using the cards to set up stuff he will keep knocking down.

One-Shot damage is going to be more valuable than trying to get set up for better things, sadly we have 0 base power damage to fall back on, so we will have to keep rebuilding on the fly.  I don't think AZ is going to be able to do anything this match, he isn't going to be all that effective until he gets several cards in play, at which time those cards (at least some of them) should be getting destroyed.

That said the great equalizer is Tachyon-Galvanize, the faster Tach can burn her deck the faster she can get Hypersonic, and that is our real chance to win, Throat Jab and Take Down too.  I will keep trying to set up for a gun in play or a combustion, too many equips will get me killed, and no way I can use Turret for more than a turn or two.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Wraith

Wraith notes that she is in the alley by the back entrance of an electronics store.  She kicks over the trash can, spilling an array of wires and miscellanous electronic bits.  "Let's see what we have here..." as she grabs some items from her utility belt and knells to scoop up some parts.

A few minutes later Wraith fires a grappling hook into a building across the street.  She swings over the currently quinescent mechanical monster.  As she does so she tosses throwing knives and also tosses a sparking device onto the top of Omnitron's dome - "Your little adaptive routine should have fun with this!"

HP - 18

In Play:

Hand: Micro Targeting Computer, Infrared Eyepiece, Throwing Knives, Razor Ordnance, Utility Belt, Smoke Bombs, Mega Computer, Impromptu Invention, Grappling Hook

Deck:  19x ?, Trust Fund, Throat Jab, Razor Ordnance, Utility Belt, Throwing Knives, Micro targeting Computer, Mega Computer, Suture Self, Infrared

Eyepiece

Trash: Infrared Eyepiece, Utility Belt, Stun Bolt

Start of Turn:

Play a Card: Impromptu Invention
             Draw Stun Bolt and Impromptu Invention - Stun Bolt to bottom of deck
             Search deck for Microtargeting Computer and put in play
             (Shuffle Deck)

Play Impromtu Invention
             Draw Throat Jab and Infrared Eyepiece - Infrared Eyepiece to bottom of deck
         Search deck for Throwing Knives and put in play
             (Shuffle Deck)

Play Grappling Hook (one shot) - Destroy Omnitron's Adaptive Plating Subroutine            

Power:  Activate Throwing Knives - (1 pt + 2 {targetting comp} + 1{Galvanize} = 4 HP to three different targets)
             4 points projectile to EPE [9]
             4 points projectile to Omnitron [86]
             4 points projectile to Plunging Monorail [4]

Draw: Razor Ordnance and Mega Computer; Mega Computer to bottom of deck

End of Turn:

HP - 18

In Play: Microtargeting Computer, Throwing Knives

Hand: Micro Targeting Computer, Infrared Eyepiece, Throwing Knives, Razor Ordnance (x2), Utility Belt, Smoke Bombs, Mega Computer, Combat Stance, Throat Jab

Trash: Infrared Eyepiece, Utility Belt, Stun Bolt, Impromptu Invention (x2), Grappling Hook

Deck:  21x ?, Mega Computer

ST:

ET:

Strategy Comments: Leaving drones intact for Bunker next round - so hit Omnitron, the EPE, and the Monorail.  The last, if it takes another hit is also now vulnerable for Bunker.  Killed the APS so that we can hit Omnitron with any type of damage for at least a little while - or at least suck a card play out of him to re-establish it.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Oaktree wrote:

And since this is game discussion outside of "in character" I am curious why BlueHairedMeerkat has not had Tachyon save a Synaptic Interruption.  It's an effective EPE counter card.  (Not a criticism, part of the reason I want to play and read forum games is to learn alternate strategies and plays for various heroes since it is how to learn to play them better.)

Simply because Research Grant and Pushing The Limits are both powerful cards, and it didn't occur to me that Synaptic would be fantastic against the EPE. Lesson learned, I guess.

Oaktree wrote:

Strategy Comments: Leaving drones intact for Bunker next round - so hit Omnitron, the EPE, and the Monorail.  The last, if it takes another hit is also now vulnerable for Bunker.  Killed the APS so that we can hit Omnitron with any type of damage for at least a little while - or at least suck a card play out of him to re-establish it. 

I forgot the Galvanise on my turn - the Monorail is now at 4HP (and Omni at 86 and the EPE at 9), so the Combustion should take it out now.

-Reckless

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Legacy discards Heroic Interception to resolve the Hostage Situation.

I was planning to go for the Next Evolution/Lead from the Front combo rather than another Galvanize. Presumably Wraith will be able to finish off things that Bunker leaves. That is vulnerable to the Sedative Flechettes, though.

(Waiting for AZ's turn.)

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

No problem with the Synaptic thing.  I didn't realize how neat that trick was until I saw someone ask about it on the forum.  And at this point the other EPE is buried at a known point in Omni's deck.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Absolute Zero

discard Coolant Blast to resolve Hostage Situation

start - nil

play - cold snap

power: none

draw: Isothermic Transducer and Hoarfire. Keep Hoarfire; deck the Transducer.

end: nil

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

(I realized that Lead from the Front didn't make sense this round, as there's little damage coming our way anyway.)

America's Finest Legacy

HP: 15

Hand: Lead from the Front, "Thokk!", Bolster Allies, Fortitude, Flying Smash, Heroic Interception, Motivational Charge

Trash: Inspiring Presence, Heroic Interception

Play a card: Fortitude.

Use a power: Galvanize. Hero targets deal +1 damage until the start of my next turn.

Draw a card: Surge of Strength and Lead from the Front. Surge of Strength to my hand, Lead from the Front to the bottom of the deck.

End of hero turn:

Hand: "Thokk!", Lead from the Front, Bolster Allies, Flying Smash, Heroic Interception, Motivational Charge, Surge of Strength

In play: Fortitude, Next Evolution

Deck: ?? x 20, Back-Fist Strike, Superhuman Durability, Lead from the Front, Inspiring Presence, Surge of Strength, Fortitude, Bolster Allies, "Thokk!", Lead from the Front

Additional effects: Heroes deal +1 damage until start of my next turn. -1 damage dealt to Legacy.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

After Tachyon has zoomed past Omnitron and his various Devices, all are standing still.  Camera focuses on each one in turn.

SFX:  *Tinnitus and static*

A small white kitten wanders into the street and strays perilously close to the rhythmically clacking mandibles of a currently-paralyzed Assault Drone.

Megalopolis

In Play:  Police Backup, Plummeting Monorail [4]

Trash:  Hostage Situation

Start of Turn:  Monorail Plummets into the Original Mattress Factory and lands gently.

Play a Card:  Impending Casualty.

End of Turn:  The cops fire at Omnitron [85].  One hero may discard a card to save poor Fluffy.

In Play:  Police Backup, Plummeting Monorail [4], Impending Casualty?

Trash:  Hostage Situation

Effects:  At start of next environment turn, heroes will watch Fluffy get turned into Fancy Feast unless they have taken action by then.

An unsteady-looking Omnitron folds shut again and rises back onto its segmented legs.  From a compartment on its underside, one more beetle-like drone scuttles forth, seemingly unaffected by the sonic shockwave which has crippled its parent and siblings.  With its scythelike legs taking chunks out of the asphalt like so many jackhammers, it makes a bee(tle)line for the nearest viable target, who happens to be glowing blue in places much like Omnitron itself.  The great robot then begins emitting arcs of electricity; where they pass close to Tachyon and Bunker, the two feel their thoughts being scrambled by the static charge, like an old-fashioned TV going snowy when another appliance is running nearby.

Round Five

Omnitron - Currently a Self-Aware Robotics Factory, soon to be a Rampaging Robot

Omnitron - 85

In Play: S-85 Automaton Drone [2], Electro-Pulse Explosive [9], S-85 Automaton Drone [3].

Trash:  Adaptive Plating Subroutine, Sedative Flechettes, Technological Singularity

Start of Turn: Flip to Rampaging Robot side.

Play a Card: S-83 Assault Drone (another card bottomed).

End of Turn:  Interpolation Beam enters play (another card bottomed).  The new Drone stabs AZ for 4.

Omnitron - 85

In Play:  S-85 Automaton Drone [2], Electro-Pulse Explosive [9], S-85 Automaton Drone [3], S-85 Automaton Drone [4], Interpolation Beam.

Trash:  Adaptive Plating Subroutine, Sedative Flechettes, Technological Singularity

Deck:  7x ?, [CARD], [CARD], S-85 Automaton Drone, Interpolation Beam, Electro-Pulse Explosive, [CARD], [CARD], [CARD], [CARD], [CARD].

ST:  That Bomb deals its HP in energy damage to highest-HP hero.

ET: Play a card.

ET:  Assault Drone deals 2 melee damage, +1 for each other Drone in play, to highest-HP hero.

ET:  Automaton Drone deals its HP in energy damage to highest-HP hero.

If Omnitron takes 7 or more damage in a round, destroy his Components.

When a hero draws a card, Omnitron deals them 1 energy damage (if able).

Hero HP: Tachyon 18, Bunker 18, Wraith 18, Absolute Zero 19, Legacy 15

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I will discard a flak cannon for Fluffy.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Need to edit out the Adaptive plating text and put in the Interpolation Beam effects.

And is there a "Kitty with a Big Gun" environment card now in effect?  cheeky

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

"CHARGE!"

Tachyon

In Play: Pushing The Limits

Hand:  Accelerated Assault, Sonic Vortex, Lightspeed Barrage, Research Grant, Blinding Speed, HUD Goggles

Deck: ?x12, Lightspeed Barrage, Accelerated Assault, Hypersonic Assault, Blinding Speed, Supersonic Response, Hypersonic Assault, Synaptic Interruption, Sucker Punch, Lightspeed Barrage, Synaptic Interruption, Synaptic Interruption, Research Grant, Supersonic Response

Trash: Fleet of Foot x3, Accelerated Assault, Pushing The Limits, Nimble Strike x2, Hypersonic Assault [6]

Start of Turn: OW Pushing The Limits [15]

Play a Card:  HUD Goggles

Research Grant

Accelerated Assault; Tachyon deals 2 melee damage to Omnitron [83], S-83 [DEAD], EPE [7], S-85 [1], S-83 #2 [2], Monorail [2].

Use a Power:  Research Grant; draw Lightning Reflexes and Blinding Speed, deck Blinding Speed, draw Sonic Vortex and Quick Insight, deck Sonic Vortex, discard Quick Insight. (Double Interpolation [13])

Draw a Card:  Lightning Reflexes and Sucker Punch, deck Sucker Punch, HUD Goggles and Nimble Strike, deck HUD Goggles. (Double Interpolation [11])

End of Turn:

HP:  11

In Play: Pushing The Limits, HUD Goggles, Research Grant

Hand:  Sonic Vortex, Lightspeed Barrage, Blinding Speed, Lightning Reflexes x2, Nimble Strike

Deck: ?x4, Lightspeed Barrage, Accelerated Assault, Hypersonic Assault, Blinding Speed, Supersonic Response, Hypersonic Assault, Synaptic Interruption, Sucker Punch, Lightspeed Barrage, Synaptic Interruption, Synaptic Interruption, Research Grant, Supersonic Response, Blinding Speed, Sonic Vortex, Sucker Punch, HUD Goggles

Trash: Fleet of Foot x3, Accelerated Assault, Pushing The Limits, Nimble Strike x2, Hypersonic Assault, Accelerated Assault, Quick Insight [8]

By the way, what happens to player hands between games? Or player discards?

-Reckless

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Don't forget interpolation beam Tach, it would have hit you 8 times.

In Play:  

Hand:  Ammo Drop, Auxiliary Power Source, External Combustion, Flak Cannon

Trash:  Flak Cannon, Gatling gun, Grenade Launcher, Maintenance, Recharge Mode, Upgrade Mode

Start of Turn:  

Play a Card:  Ammo Drop, External Combustion (3-1 fire to me [16], 4 fire to all non-hero:  Monorail [x], S-85 [x], S-83 [x], EPE [3], Omnitron [79] (6 this round) External to hand, Decomissioned Hardware to deck, Turret mode to Hand, Maintenance Unit to deck, Gatling Gun to hand, Turret Mode to deck (take 1-1 damage 6 times)

Use a Power:  

Draw a Card:  Grenade Launcher to hand, Upgrade Mode to deck (take 1-1 damage 2 times)

End of Turn:  

HP:  16

In Play:  Ammo Drop, Heavy Plating, Upgrade Mode

Hand:  Auxiliary Power Source, External Combustion, Flak Cannon, Gatling Gun, Grenade Launcher, Turret Mode

Trash:  External Combustion, Flak Cannon, Gatling gun, Grenade Launcher, Maintenance Unit, Recharge Mode, Upgrade Mode

Deck:  10+Recharge Mode, Decomissioned Hardware, Auxiliary Power Source, Heavy Plating, Adhesive Foam Grenade, Grenade Launcher, Maintenance Unit, Turret Mode, Adhesive Foam Grenade, Flak Cannon, Decomissioned Hardware, Maintenance Unit, Turret Mode, Upgrade Mode

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

phantaskippy wrote:
Is it 8 times or 4 times? I think we need a ruling from our moderator, but I would think that "take 2 cards, deck 1" is what is meant by "drawing" one card.
BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Err, whoops... Fixed now, assuming it's four hits and not eight; if it's eight, I'll probably trade one of my card plays for a Blinding Blast to take it out.

-Reckless

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:
By the way, what happens to player hands between games? Or player discards?

I'm gonna say that at the end of the game, any hero who neither got incapped nor received a DXM (remember, this is a movie, the last hero can't actually die, but he can get written out) puts their hand into their trash, then shuffles their trash and puts it on the bottom of their deck.  The objective is to see them getting new cards from game to game, but not to allow them to stack their entire deck; a little randomness gets injected back in, even while the bottomed cards from the previous game do give you some determinism.  (I wish I had an idea how to stop heroes like Wraith from mucking the whole thing up with their search cards.)

dpt wrote:
phantaskippy wrote:

Is it 8 times or 4 times? I think we need a ruling from our moderator, but I would think that "take 2 cards, deck 1" is what is meant by "drawing" one card.

Correct, the extra card that you bottom doesn't count as "drawn".  Not that I don't think Interpolation Beam could stand to suck less, but I don't want to risk any other unintended interactions.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Wraith

Grabs some loose wires and sees what she can short circuit.

HP - 18

Hand: Micro Targeting Computer, Infrared Eyepiece, Throwing Knives, Razor Ordnance (x2), Utility Belt, Smoke Bombs, Mega Computer, Combat Stance, Throat Jab

Deck:  21x ?, Mega Computer

Trash: Infrared Eyepiece, Utility Belt, Stun Bolt, Impromptu Invention (x2), Grappling Hook

Start of Turn:

Play a Card: Throat Jab - 3 melee to Omnitron [76] and components go BOOM and Omnitron cannot inflict damage until start of next Wraith turn

Power:  Activate Throwing Knives -
             4 projectile to EPE [x]
             4 projectile to Omnitron [72]

Draw: Inventory Barrage, Suture Self; Suture Self to bottom of deck

End of Turn:

HP - 18

Hand: Micro Targeting Computer, Infrared Eyepiece, Throwing Knives, Razor Ordnance (x2), Utility Belt, Smoke Bombs, Mega Computer, Combat Stance, Inventory Barrage

Trash: Infrared Eyepiece, Utility Belt, Stun Bolt, Impromptu Invention (x2), Grappling Hook, Throat Jab

Deck:  19x ?, Mega Computer, Suture Self

ST:

ET:

Comment:
Played Throat Jab so that if Omnitron plays Tech Singularity or Flechettes he doesn't get to hit us with hefty damage *and* loss of ongoings or equipment.  The latter will be bad enough.

Also a question regarding Trust Fund.  It's normally "Draw 4 and Discard 2".  In this game is it essentially "Draw 8 and Discard 6" or some sort of "Draw 2 and keep 1 (x4) and then discard 2 of the 4"?

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Oaktree wrote:
Also a question regarding Trust Fund.  It's normally "Draw 4 and Discard 2".  In this game is it essentially "Draw 8 and Discard 6" or some sort of "Draw 2 and keep 1 (x4) and then discard 2 of the 4"?
It's normally Draw 4 and Discard 2, but the 2 need not be from among the 4 that you drew. Now I think it's "Reveal 2, keep 1 of them" (x4) and then "Discard 2" (which need not be from the 4).
Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Trust Fund will be a bit of a pain in this mode.  You do NOT draw 8 and keep 4 of them; you draw 2, keep 1, and repeat three times.  If your first draw is Mega Computer and Inventory Barrage, and you keep Mega Computer, and then the next two are both Mega Computers?  Sucks to be you.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

So for multi draw then discard you pick up 2 deck one, draw one for each draw, then discard.

Ammo Drop:

The component:  Ammo Drop to deck, Omni-Cannon to hand.

EPE:  Heavy Plating to deck, External Combustion to hand.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Absolute Zero --

"Dangit, Meredith, can't you get this thing working properly?"

HP - 19

In Play - Cold Snap

Hand -

Trash: Onboard Module Installation, Impale, Null-Point Calibration Unit, Coolant Blast

Deck: ? x 19, Modular Realignment, Thermal Shockwave, NPCU, Focused Apertures, Cryo Chamber, Frost-Bound Drain, Isothermic Transducer

---

Start: Cold Snap does 2 cold damage to Omnitron [70]

Play: Onboard. Draw Frost-Bound Drain & NPCU; keep NPCU. Search for Isothermic Transducer & Shuffle. Play Transducer

Power: Thermodynamics. Do 2 fire damage to me [17] to deal 3 cold damage to Omnitron [67]

Draw: Cryo Chamber & Modular Realignment. Keep Realignment, deck Cryo Chamber

End: Nothing

---

In Play: Cold Snap, Isothermic Transducer

Hand: Focused Apertures, Modular Realignment, Cryo Chamber, Hoarfire, Cold Snap, Isothermic Transducer, Frost-bound Drain, Sub-Zero Atmosphere, Thermal Shockwave, Hoarfire, NPCU, Modular Realignment

Deck: ? x 22

Trash: Onboard Module Installation x 2, Impale, NPCU, Coolant Blast

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

America's Finest Legacy

Hand: "Thokk!", Lead from the Front, Bolster Allies, Flying Smash, Heroic Interception, Motivational Charge, Surge of Strength

In play: Fortitude, Next Evolution

Play a card: Lead from the Front.

Use a power: Galvanize.

Draw a card: Superhuman Durability to hand, Bolster Allies to bottom of deck.

End of hero turn:

Hand: "Thokk!", Bolster Allies, Flying Smash, Heroic Interception, Motivational Charge, Surge of Strength, Superhuman Durability

In play: Fortitude, Next Evolution, Lead from the Front

Deck: ??, Back-Fist Strike, Superhuman Durability, Lead from the Front, Inspiring Presence, Surge of Strength, Fortitude, Bolster Allies, "Thokk!", Lead from the Front, Bolster Allies

Additional effects: Heroes deal +1 damage until start of my next turn.
-1 damage dealt to Legacy.
Any villain damage dealt to heroes may be redirected to Legacy.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

The kitten was saved, but there's a new problem.  Though threats of being shot, smacked, and frozen were enough to drive the LUNATIC away, he apparently has friends.  A couple dozen pudgy, pimply, pasty-skinned, or otherwise unattractive youths with Cyberman, Terminator, Borg or Megatron masks filter out of the nearby alleys, chanting "IA! IA!  SKYNET FHTHAGN!  IA, IA, MASTERMOLD FHTHAGN!"  The crowd of misguided youths form a human chain around OMNITRON, their backs to him and their hands linked together.  Tempting though it is, the heroes dare not allow these imbeciles to be slaughtered, either by OMNITRON or by themselves in an attack on the robot.

Megalopolis

In Play:  Police Backup,

Trash:  Hostage Situation, Impending Casualty, Plummeting Monorail

Start of Turn

Play a Card:  Hostage Situation.

End of Turn:  The cops fire at Omnitron [69, dude].

In Play:  Police Backup, Hostage Situation

Trash:  Hostage Situation, Impending Casualty, Plummeting Monorail

Effects:  Heroes cannot play cards.

Seeming to comprehend that some of these humans want to be killed by it, OMNITRON decides not to give them the satisfaction.  Tucking its legs underneath and plopping back down onto the asphalt, it unfolds its production line again and rolls out a series of new bettle-bots, who scuttle out between the feet of the goofball machine-cultists and advance on Our Heroes.  A few others remain closer to their "parent", and seem to be engaged in repairing its battle damage.  Perhaps it is tolerating its "devotees" because it senses that it needs all the help it can get?

Round Five

Omnitron - Currently a Rampaging Robot, soon to be a Self-Aware Robotics Factory

Omnitron - 69

In Play:

Trash:  Adaptive Plating Subroutine, Sedative Flechettes, Technological Singularity, S-85 Automaton Drone, Electro-Pulse Explosive, S-85 Automaton Drone, S-83 Assault Drone, Interpolation Beam.

Start of Turn: Flip to Self-Aware Robotics Factory side.

Play a Card: S-84 Repair Drone.

End of Turn:  Omnitron rebuilds an S-83 Assault Drone, which deals either 3 melee damage to AZ or 2 melee damage to Legacy.  Omnitron regains 3 HP between the Assault Drones' arrival and their attack.

Omnitron - 72

In Play:  S-84 Repair Drone [4], S-83 Assault Drone [3].

Trash:  Adaptive Plating Subroutine, Sedative Flechettes, Technological Singularity, S-85 Automaton Drone, Electro-Pulse Explosive, S-85 Automaton Drone, Interpolation Beam.

Deck:  5x ?, [CARD], [CARD], S-85 Automaton Drone, Interpolation Beam, Electro-Pulse Explosive, [CARD], [CARD], [CARD], [CARD], [CARD], [CARD].

ET: Rebuild a destroyed Drone or Component.

ET:  Omnitron regains 2 HP, +1 for each other Drone in play (S-84 Repair Drone).

Hero HP: Tachyon 11, Bunker 18, Wraith 18, Absolute Zero 19, Legacy 15

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

[I thought you were picking who got hit in tied situations?]

Tachyon

In Play: Pushing The Limits, HUD Goggles, Research Grant

Hand:  Sonic Vortex, Lightspeed Barrage, Blinding Speed, Lightning Reflexes x2, Nimble Strike

Deck: ?x4, Lightspeed Barrage, Accelerated Assault, Hypersonic Assault, Blinding Speed, Supersonic Response, Hypersonic Assault, Synaptic Interruption, Sucker Punch, Lightspeed Barrage, Synaptic Interruption, Synaptic Interruption, Research Grant, Supersonic Response, Blinding Speed, Sonic Vortex, Sucker Punch, HUD Goggles

Trash: Fleet of Foot x3, Accelerated Assault, Pushing The Limits, Nimble Strike x2, Hypersonic Assault, Accelerated Assault, Quick Insight [8]

Start of Turn: Let PtL go.

Play a Card:  

Use a Power:  Research Grant; draw Pushing the Limits and Quick Insight, deck Pushing the Limits, draw HUD Goggles and Sucker Punch, deck HUD Goggles, discard Sucker Punch.

Draw a Card:  Lightspeed Barrage and Accelerated Assault, deck Accelerated Assault

End of Turn:

In Play: HUD Goggles, Research Grant

Hand:  Sonic Vortex, Lightspeed Barrage x2, Blinding Speed, Lightning Reflexes x2, Nimble Strike, Quick Insight

Deck: Hypersonic Assault, Blinding Speed, Supersonic Response, Hypersonic Assault, Synaptic Interruption, Sucker Punch, Lightspeed Barrage, Synaptic Interruption, Synaptic Interruption, Research Grant, Supersonic Response, Blinding Speed, Sonic Vortex, Sucker Punch, HUD Goggles, Pushing The Limits, HUD Goggles, Accelerated Assault

Trash: Fleet of Foot x3, Accelerated Assault, Pushing The Limits x2, Nimble Strike x2, Hypersonic Assault, Accelerated Assault, Quick Insight, Sucker Punch [9]

-Reckless

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Not a tie.  Legacy has option to take the damage due to Lead From The Front being in play.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Ah, right, ignore me then.

-Reckless

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I think I'll let AZ take it, if that's all right: he has good healing capabilities.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Hand: Auxiliary Power Source, External Combustion(2), Flak Cannon, Gatling Gun, Grenade Launcher, Omni-Cannon, Turret Mode,

Trash:  External Combustion, Flak Cannon, Gatling gun, Grenade Launcher, Maintenance Unit, Recharge Mode, Upgrade Mode

Start of Turn:  

Play a Card:  

Use a Power:  

Draw a Card:  Omni-Cannon to deck, Recharge Mode to hand; Decommissioned Hardware to hand, Auxiliary Power Source to deck.

End of Turn:  

Hand:  Auxiliary Power Source, Decommissionaed Hardware, External Combustion(2), Flak Cannon, Gatling Gun, Grenade Launcher, Omni-Cannon, Recharge Mode, Turret Mode

Trash:  External Combustion, Flak Cannon, Gatling gun, Grenade Launcher, Maintenance Unit, Recharge Mode, Upgrade Mode

Deck:  2(Adhesive Foam Grenade and Ammo Drop)+Recharge Mode, Decomissioned Hardware, Auxiliary Power Source, Heavy Plating, Adhesive Foam Grenade, Grenade Launcher, Maintenance Unit, Turret Mode, Adhesive Foam Grenade, Flak Cannon, Decomissioned Hardware, Maintenance Unit, Turret Mode, Upgrade Mode, Ammo Drop, Heavy Plating, Omni-Cannon, Auxiliary Power Source.

So the next time a villain card is destroyed I will have gone through my entire deck, and the unknowns will be gone.  (It's pretty easy to figure out the last two, and order doesn't actually matter at 2 cards)

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Wraith

HP - 18

Hand: Micro Targeting Computer, Infrared Eyepiece, Throwing Knives, Razor Ordnance (x2), Utility Belt, Smoke Bombs, Mega Computer, Combat Stance, Inventory Barrage

Deck:  19x ?, Mega Computer, Suture Self

Trash: Infrared Eyepiece, Utility Belt, Stun Bolt, Impromptu Invention (x2), Grappling Hook, Throat Jab

Start of Turn: Omnitron capable of dealing damage again

Play a Card: (Stares at annoying interlopers)

Power:  Activate Throwing Knives - Initiate targetting program "House of Flying Daggers"

(special effects gurus may now have thrown knives curve all about and violate physics before they plunge into drones at vulnerable places)
             4 points projectile to S-83 Repair Drone [x]
             4 points projectile to S-84 Assault Drone [x]
             4 points projectile to Omnitron [68]

Draw: Trust Fund, Inventory Barrage; Inventory Barrage to bottom of deck

End of Turn:

HP - 18

Hand: Micro Targeting Computer, Infrared Eyepiece, Throwing Knives, Razor Ordnance (x2), Utility Belt, Smoke Bombs, Mega Computer, Combat Stance, Inventory Barrage, Trust Fund

Deck:  17x ?, Mega Computer, Suture Self, Inventory Barrage

ST:

ET:

Comment:
Will discard Razor Ordnance at start of Environment Turn to play part in dealing with Hostage Situation.

Bunker gets two cards from Ammo Drop due to Drones getting spiked.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Ammo Drop to deck, Adhesive to hand:  Recharge Mode to deck, Decommissioned to hand.

It's awesome not having to have my deck to run it now.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Along those lines maybe an added rule for SCU games is that deck search cards only shuffle the "unknown" part of the deck after the search.  That might fix the chaos created by Impromptu Invention and other cards that Envisioner wishes to avoid.

Pages