The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

OblivAeon Kickstarter

1202 posts / 0 new
Last post
dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

250k Hour 3???

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

almost 247K hour 3

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

I am impatient for the stretch goals.

To be fair, today has definitely delivered.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

They should have had the first update ready to post the moment the KS went live. They knew we'd knock it out of the park! We're impatient! We want to see Omnitron U!

I hope they have the teasers and goal marks for the next set, considering we've cleared everything they've posted.

Can't wait to hear more!

You're free to do whatever you want to.

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

So any guesses on the next hour, slowing down now, but when the first Update comes out, might start another wave. Plus you still have the "After Work" Wave, So I wouldn't be suprised if we beat Tactics in one day, and who knows, 500k I think is possible, 750k would be great, 1 million, I agree that should be a comic.

waedens
Playtester

Starting to slow down. Only ~$50K in hour 3. We will probably see another wave from the after work crowd. Hopefully they won't set the stretch goals too far ahead with this much money already in. I would say the majority of the base has already pledged. 

I also hope that when they are out of planned goals they don't keep adding more. I have watched a couple of companies end up really under delivering because they got carried away with stretch goals. Robotech comes to mind. As long as we get a good product we will all be happy. 

Reverend Pete

TheSoundOfTrees wrote:

Citizen Dare : - I dare you to add a "Sentinel Comics : an illustrated history of the Multiverse" book as the stretch goal for 1 million !

This! Please!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I think $1million is a pretty good bet, given this start. My guess is $2 million.

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Now that the $299 level is locked Dropping down pledge levels $132 Per person, So If they continue to drop I would estimate:

2519 People At $130 for $327,470 To beat Tactics.

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

279K Hour 4

morph147

waedens wrote:

Starting to slow down. Only ~$50K in hour 3. We will probably see another wave from the after work crowd. Hopefully they won't set the stretch goals too far ahead with this much money already in. I would say the majority of the base has already pledged. I also hope that when they are out of planned goals they don't keep adding more. I have watched a couple of companies end up really under delivering because they got carried away with stretch goals. Robotech comes to mind. As long as we get a good product we will all be happy. 

there is a lot of stuff they could easily do with stretch goals though. The biggest worry I would say right now is doing so much stuff on stretch goals it delays the game. Personally I wouldnt mind seeing a stretch goal be something that helps out handelablra to get to a point they can release OblivAeon the same day as the paper copy or just to make sure everyone has their copy first, maybe a month delay. Whatever helps them finish SoTM the video game and gets them on sentinel tactics.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

TeslaRoyale
Playtester

I wonder if they will break a million with this one. I hope they do.

cmschex
Playtester

I'd guess north of 500K but Kickstarters that have this kind of crazy start with a pre-existing fanbase tend to tailor off in the daily rates pretty fast.  The amount that has already been pledged is staggering and unprecedented for not on GtG, but potentially for any non-mini based boardgame expansion on Kickstarter.  For reference Tuscany funded at 450K and at the time was the highest non mini boardgame on KS.   Suffice to say, this is an amazing start

RPGFanboy
Playtester

Just give us a new deck for each 50k or whatever it would cost to produce, please :D

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

cmschex wrote:

I'd guess north of 500K but Kickstarters that have this kind of crazy start with a pre-existing fanbase tend to tailor off in the daily rates pretty fast.  The amount that has already been pledged is staggering and unprecedented for not on GtG, but potentially for any non-mini based boardgame expansion on Kickstarter.  For reference Tuscany funded at 450K and at the time was the highest non mini boardgame on KS.   Suffice to say, this is an amazing start

Yeah, folks will have to keep in mind that after today and tomorrow, the pledge ticker will be REALLY slow until the last 24 hours where it will always pick up again. I've seen so many ppl get discouraged during KS projects that the ticker isn't moving with like 10 days left and get antsy.

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

If people wanna see more detailed info on how the kickstarter is going, or any kickstarter for that matter, check out kicktraq.com!

SotM is at #2 on the hotlist (of all kickstarter projects that are ongoing today): https://www.kicktraq.com/hotlist/

As the campaign goes on, the data collected will become more accurate.  Right now the "trending" numbers for OblivAeon is a bit rediculous... We're trending towards $9million...  once things are well underway, kicktraq will give a projection (as opposed to a "trend"), and it's actually somewhat accurate.

https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/gtgames/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-oblivaeon/

Backers: 2130
Average Daily Pledges: $279,827
Average Pledge Per Backer: $131

We're at 700% funding!

morph147

ugh come on Christopher I want to see the update and stretch goals before my meeting. My boss gives me more work when I look happy during a meeting.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

dyeung87
Playtester

$300K in 5 hours!

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

301k hour 5 

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

23k to become thier highest grossing Kickstarter

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

DerpTheBugbear wrote:

If people wanna see more detailed info on how the kickstarter is going, or any kickstarter for that matter, check out kicktraq.com!SotM is at #2 on the hotlist (of all kickstarter projects that are ongoing today): https://www.kicktraq.com/hotlist/As the campaign goes on, the data collected will become more accurate.  Right now the "trending" numbers for OblivAeon is a bit rediculous... We're trending towards $9million...  once things are well underway, kicktraq will give a projection (as opposed to a "trend"), and it's actually somewhat accurate.https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/gtgames/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-ob... Backers: 2130Average Daily Pledges: $279,827Average Pledge Per Backer: $131We're at 700% funding!

Now it is #1

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Accoridng to https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/gtgames/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-ob... It's trending to ~ $10,000,000

This is quite unlikely, but imagine that... I can hear their gears turning. SHould they buy a yacht, or 10 yachts?

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

322K hour 6

waedens
Playtester

Updates? I am guessing that they are trying to reformulate a new plan now that there expected funding timeline has been shattered. In fact it has been blown to Oblivaeon!

UXM266
UXM266's picture

waedens wrote:

Updates? I am guessing that they are trying to reformulate a new plan now that there expected funding timeline has been shattered. In fact it has been blown to Oblivaeon!

I heard that this afternoon/evening we should get a message from the GtG gang

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

$150,000              Hour 1   $150,000

$200,000             Hour 2   $50,000

$247,000             Hour 3   $47,000

$279,000             Hour 4   $32,000

$301,000             Hour 5   $21,000

$322,000             Hour 6   $21,000

Slowing down a bit Hopefully update soon

cmschex
Playtester

They could literally stop the KS today and this has been a massive success.  I wonder if they had any stretch goals part 300K....

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

OblivAeon Is now GTG’s Highest Grossing Kickstarter!!!!! Way to go GTG

Sentinal Tactics 2175 People Spent Avg. of $151 For a total of $327,403

OblivAeon is at 2514 People Spent Avg. of $131 For a total of $328,272 And Still going!!!!

waedens
Playtester

The publicity that this Kickstarter should generate is pretty amazing. It should widen the audience for SotM. They should see an up tick of sales for all SotM products. Hopefully they are ready for catastrophic success. 

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

cmschex wrote:

They could literally stop the KS today and this has been a massive success.  I wonder if they had any stretch goals part 300K....

They could but then my pledge wouldn't go through and I wouldn't get the foil cards.

So let's not do that. :)

cmschex
Playtester

Belle Sorciere wrote:

cmschex wrote:

They could but then my pledge wouldn't go through and I wouldn't get the foil cards.So let's not do that. :)

Ha, I wasnt suggestion they would, just as a reminder that as the funding inevitably slows down how amazing this has already been

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester
bshugg

STOP BUYING IN TO THE KICKSTARTER!!

hear me out....

we as a fan base have blown out buying power when it comes to stretch goals.   We could of kept teasing a bit more at a time.   Look at the spacing on the first ones .   Every 10k.   Now they will get caught up and you can bet your boots it will be every 50k or more on the next ones.   There's no bonus into buying In early.   Wait until the goals are all posted and let us all start to reach for them.   

We could of hit ten more or so if we hit this dollar amount over a few weeks.  Instead they don't need to be as generous.  They got our pledges. 

games?

SMXLR8
SMXLR8's picture

calm down and ley them enjoy themselves

SMXLR8

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

@bshugg Too late man. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

cmschex
Playtester

bshugg wrote:

STOP BUYING IN TO THE KICKSTARTER!!hear me out....we as a fan base have blown out buying power when it comes to stretch goals.   We could of kept teasing a bit more at a time.   Look at the spacing on the first ones .   Every 10k.   Now they will get caught up and you can bet your boots it will be every 50k or more on the next ones.   There's no bonus into buying In early.   Wait until the goals are all posted and let us all start to reach for them.   We could of hit ten more or so if we hit this dollar amount over a few weeks.  Instead they don't need to be as generous.  They got our pledges. 

No offense, but you're preaching to the wrong choir posting that on this board

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

AWSOME!

Akash as a box hero! Only 2 more hero in box to go! WHO COULD THEY BE?!

Benchmark? Revocorp?! Really cool. The alt universe variant seems really interesting. Angel-Investor backed Revocorp?!?!?! THE HOST?!?!?!

Ambuscade mini-expansion hero as Stuntman? YES! Awesome variant!

Akash variant and the Nexus Island seem to be directly connected to Scholar and the Infinite Void! I NEED MOAR HERE!

Ft Adamant and oblivion shards? yes please!

CAP COSMIC VARIANT OMG SO GOOOOD!

COMIC BOOK!!!!!!! COMIC BOOK!!!!!

UXM266
UXM266's picture

My only complaint is that the ONLY....ONLY Canadian character is Citizen Dawn. WE NEED A CANADIAN HERO!

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Foote wrote:

AWSOME!Akash as a box hero! Only 2 more hero in box to go! WHO COULD THEY BE?!Benchmark? Revocorp?! Really cool. The alt universe variant seems really interesting. Angel-Investor backed Revocorp?!?!?! THE HOST?!?!?!Ambuscade mini-expansion hero as Stuntman? YES! Awesome variant!Akash variant and the Nexus Island seem to be directly connected to Scholar and the Infinite Void! I NEED MOAR HERE!Ft Adamant and oblivion shards? yes please!CAP COSMIC VARIANT OMG SO GOOOOD!COMIC BOOK!!!!!!! COMIC BOOK!!!!!

LMAO, Someone give foote a cookie

MCPooge

I can't even imagine what would make me happiest for the last two box heroes. I don't even know. I'm overwhelmed with excitement.

Bunston
Bunston's picture
Playtester

bshugg wrote:

STOP BUYING IN TO THE KICKSTARTER!!hear me out....we as a fan base have blown out buying power when it comes to stretch goals.   We could of kept teasing a bit more at a time.   Look at the spacing on the first ones .   Every 10k.   Now they will get caught up and you can bet your boots it will be every 50k or more on the next ones.   There's no bonus into buying In early.   Wait until the goals are all posted and let us all start to reach for them.   We could of hit ten more or so if we hit this dollar amount over a few weeks.  Instead they don't need to be as generous.  They got our pledges. 

I'd wager that they already had the stretch goal milestones in mind before the kickstarter launched. And anyway, the sooner GtG knows that a stretch goal is locked down, then the sooner they can start working on said goal.

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Must. Have. DAWN!!

I can't imagine they would leave Dawn out of this... but I fear that with her cosmic power she might be a... a... SCION?...

Bunston
Bunston's picture
Playtester

MCPooge wrote:

I can't even imagine what would make me happiest for the last two box heroes. I don't even know. I'm overwhelmed with excitement.

Gloomweaver! If he/it can't bring unspeakable horror to Earth, then no one can!

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

UXM266 wrote:

My only complaint is that the ONLY....ONLY Canadian character is Citizen Dawn. WE NEED A CANADIAN HERO!

Expatriette is Canadian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_nationality_law

You're welcome!

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

dshields wrote:

Foote wrote:
AWSOME!Akash as a box hero! Only 2 more hero in box to go! WHO COULD THEY BE?!Benchmark? Revocorp?! Really cool. The alt universe variant seems really interesting. Angel-Investor backed Revocorp?!?!?! THE HOST?!?!?!Ambuscade mini-expansion hero as Stuntman? YES! Awesome variant!Akash variant and the Nexus Island seem to be directly connected to Scholar and the Infinite Void! I NEED MOAR HERE!Ft Adamant and oblivion shards? yes please!CAP COSMIC VARIANT OMG SO GOOOOD!COMIC BOOK!!!!!!! COMIC BOOK!!!!!

LMAO, Someone give foote a cookie

I'll share. Cosmic Cookie-Bot has all the cookies.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

COMIC BOOK COMIC BOOK COMIC BOOK

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

The last unlock character looks like Deadline.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

thompaine

Boy, I'd really like to have the whole story without having to dip into the RPG, but I'm not sure this is going to get near $1 million.

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

342k hour 7

TheSoundOfTrees

Head is spinning.

The million seems difficult to reach. But who knows.

Any view of things that is not strange is false - Neil Gaiman

Pages