The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 11: Gloomweaver re-visualized!

293 posts / 0 new
Last post
grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Omnitron-X

HP: 13

Hand: Temporal Shielding, Disruptive Flechettes, Singularity, Reset, Defensive Blast

In Play: Temporal Shielding, Gaussian Coil Blaster, Focused Plasma Cannon

Trash: Self Sabotage, Rocket Punch

Additional effects: +1 damage dealt (from Legacy); -2 psychic, infernal, radiant, sonic damage taken

------------------

Start of hero turn:

• Gaussian Coil Blaster deals 2 (1+1 from Legacy) lightning damage to first Chosen Disciple[0] (who spawns a zombie upon death), the zombie spawned by the CD's death[0], and the second Chosen Disciple[3].
  • Focused Plasma Cannon deals 3 (2+1 from Legacy) fire damage to the second Chosen Disciple[0], who spawns a zombie upon death.

Play a card: Defensive Blast

Use a power: Timeshift Argent Adept

Draw a card: Technological Advancement

End of hero turn: Quiet Meditation

-------------------

Hand: Temporal Shielding, Disruptive Flechettes, Singularity, Reset, Technological Advancement

In Play: Temporal Shielding, Gaussian Coil Blaster, Focused Plasma Cannon, Defensive Blast

Trash: Self Sabotage, Rocket Punch

Additional effects: +1 damage dealt (from Legacy); -2 psychic, infernal, radiant, sonic damage taken

By my count, remaining non-hero targets are:

Gloomy[88], Sable Pin[5], Zombie[2], Velociraptor Pack[1]

grim88

grysqrl wrote:

By my count, remaining non-hero targets are:Gloomy[88], Sable Pin[5], Zombie[2], Velociraptor Pack[1]

Sounds like there should be another zombie from the Cursed Accolyte I killed, which  also would have damaged for 2 HP

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

grim88 wrote:

grysqrl wrote:
 By my count, remaining non-hero targets are:Gloomy[88], Sable Pin[5], Zombie[2], Velociraptor Pack[1]

Sounds like there should be another zombie from the Cursed Accolyte I killed, which  also would have damaged for 2 HP

Yep. I took that into consideration.

cmschex
Playtester

Redeemer Fanatic

HP: 12

Hand: Divine Focus, Smite the Transgressor, Final Dive, Chastise, Wrathful Retribution, Sanctifying Strike

In Play: Absolution, Zealous Offense

Trash: Brutal Censure, Prayer of Desparation, Undaunted

Additional effects: +1 damage dealt (from Legacy)

------------------

Start of hero turn: Zealous Offense targets Zombie Servant and Raptor Pack.  Neither can deal damage until start of my next turn

Play a card: Smite the Transgressor, deal 3 damage to Gloomy (83)

Use a power: Absolution, 4 damage to Gloomy (79) Redeem, gain 1 HP and draw Brutal Censure

Draw a card: Smite the Transgressor

End of hero turn:

-------------------

HP: 13

Hand: Divine Focus, Final Dive, Chastise, Wrathful Retribution, Sanctifying Strike, Smite the Transgressor, Brutal Censure

In Play: Absolution, Zealous Offense

Trash: Brutal Censure, Prayer of Desparation, Smite the Transgressor, Undaunted

Additional effects: +1 damage dealt (from Legacy), Zombie and Velociraptor can't deal damage

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

grysqrl wrote:
grim88 wrote:
 grysqrl wrote:

Yep. I took that into consideration.

Gloomy was at 86 after Omnitron's turn (twice damaged by Hypersonic Assault).  I think Fanatic took that into account.
dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Before Fanatic's turn, the Timeshift on me reveals Polyphoric Flare.  Put it into play, dealing myself 2 energy damage and using Xu's Bell, activating the Perform and Accompany texts of Inventive PreparationEach player may look at the top card of their hero deck, then replace it or discard it. I reveal Vernal Sonata, and keep it. Fanatic, you have the choice whether to discard or keep the Undaunted you just drew. One player other than me may play a card. I'll give this one to Omnitron, if there aren't objections. Legacy may play a card. (There are two more card plays coming up on my turn.)

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

The Argent Adept, Virtuoso of the Void

HP: 11

Hand: Scherzo of Frost and Flame, Vernal Sonata, Syncopated Onslaught, Silver Shadow, Cedistic Dissonant, Inspiring Supertonic

In play:
Sarabande of Destruction (Ongoing, Melody)
Inventive Preparation (Ongoing, Rhythm)
Xu's Bell (Equipment, Instrument)

Trash: Sarabande of Destruction, Instrumental Conjuration, Polyphoric Flare

Additional effects: Sable pin: Destroy a card at hero end turn or Gloomweaver deals 5 psychic damage

Start of hero turn:

Play a card: Silver Shadow. Activate the Accompany text of Inventive Preparation. LegacyOmnitron-X may play a card. Play Syncopated Onslaught.

Use a power: Xu's Bell. Activate the Perform text of Syncopated Onslaught: Fanatic and Tachyon deal +1 damage until the start of my next turn. Activate the Accompany text of Inventive Preparation. Fanatic may play a card.

Draw a card: Vernal Sonata

End of hero turn: Decline to destroy a card.

HP: 11

Hand: Scherzo of Frost and Flame, Vernal Sonata (x2), Cedistic Dissonant, Inspiring Supertonic

In play:
Sarabande of Destruction (Ongoing, Melody)
Inventive Preparation (Ongoing, Rhythm)
Xu's Bell (Equipment, Instrument)
Syncopated Onslaught (Ongoing, Rhythm)

Trash: Sarabande of Destruction, Instrumental Conjuration, Polyphoric Flare, Silver Shadow

Additional effects: Sable pin: Destroy a card at hero end turn or Gloomweaver deals 5 psychic damage
Everyone looks at the top card of their deck and replaces or discards it.
Fanatic and Tachyon deal +1 damage until the start of my next turn.
LegacyOmnitron-X and Fanatic may play a card (Fanatic after the damage boost).

With two Vernal Sonatas in my hand, I don't think you should feel shy about using your good cards (eg, Hypersonic Assault). I think it would be good to kill off that last Zombie; otherwise, it will bring back a cultist.

cmschex
Playtester

I'll ditch Undaunted, editing my turn to reflect.  I'll then drop Sanctifying Strike on the last Zomebie, killing it, gain 1 HP and draw Divine Sacrifice

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Guess I should have waited before I finished my turn.

From Perform Inventive Preparation (edit: on my turn), I would have dumped the Disruptive Flechettes and instead drawn Technological Advancement.

From Accompany Inventive Preparation (edit: during AA's turn), I play Technological Advancement to put Electro-Deployment Unit into play. Then I draw another Technological Advancement.

As a result, my current setup is:

Hand: Temporal Shielding, Disruptive Flechettes, Singularity, Reset, Technological Advancement

In Play: Temporal Shielding, Gaussian Coil Blaster, Focused Plasma Cannon, Defensive Blast, Electro-Deployment Unit

Trash: Self Sabotage, Rocket Punch, Disruptive Flechettes, Technological Advancement

I'll pull Innervation Ray out at the beginning of my next turn, unless someone objects.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

grysqrl wrote:
From Accompany Inventive Preparation, I play Technological Advancement to put Electro-Deployment Unit into play. Then I draw another Technological Advancement.
As stated, I gave you the card draw before you drew the Technological Advancement, and we didn't know it was coming.  Would you have tried to convince me to give the card play to someone else with your hand before the Technological Advancement?
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Wow, 9 kills that round.

From the look of things we still need Tachyon and Legacy to check the top card of their decks, and then Legacy needs to play a card.

Current Status

G. Legacy - 13 (Immune to Melee)

Tachyon - 12 (+1 damage AA)

Omnitron-X - 13 (temporal armor)

Redeemer Fanatic - 14 (+1 damage AA)

Argent Adept - 11 (Sable Pin)

Velociraptor Pack - 1 (cannot deal damage)

Gloomy - 79 (cannot deal damage)

Sable Pin - 5 (cannot deal damage)

I knew when this team came up that it would be crazy to keep track of all the inter-turn action, I have a feeling it will be getting even worse.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Top of my deck is Next Evolution, which I will... keep. Then I'll play Lead From The Front (assume all melee damage is redirected to me.)

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Insula Primalis

In Play:  Velociraptor Pack [1]

Trash:  Volcanic Eruption

----------------------

Start of Turn:

Play a card:  River of Lava

End of Turn:  Velociraptor pack cannot deal damage, River of Lava activates.

----------------------

In Play:  Velociraptor Pack [1], River of Lava

Trash:  Volcanic Eruption

Effects:

SoT:  If each player discards the top three cards of their deck destroy River of Lava

EoT:  Velociraptor Pack does 2x # of pack in play to lowest hp target.

Each player may destroy one of their equipment, any hero that does not is dealt (H) fire damage.

Static:  

Each player needs to destroy one equipment or take 5 fire damage.  Tachyon has a reveal and discard option to resolve.

grim88

Sonic Vortex is at the top of my deck. Will I discard it? Heck no!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I guess I'd better destroy Xu's Bell. I'm planning to play Vernal Sonata this turn.

cmschex
Playtester

I'll keep Absolution and take the damage

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

dpt wrote:

grysqrl wrote:
From Accompany Inventive Preparation, I play Technological Advancement to put Electro-Deployment Unit into play. Then I draw another Technological Advancement.

As stated, I gave you the card draw before you drew the Technological Advancement, and we didn't know it was coming.  Would you have tried to convince me to give the card play to someone else with your hand before the Technological Advancement?

I really need to stop making decisions right as I'm going to bed. I think I've mixed up the sequencing. I wouldn't have had the first TA in my hand at the point where you let me play a card (my card draw comes after your power from Timeshift resolves). I don't think I would have played any of my other cards, so if someone else would have wanted to play a card in the middle of my last turn then we should do that. In the meantime, I'll step back through my last turn and figure out what Omni-X should actually look like at this point.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

grysqrl wrote:
dpt wrote:
 grysqrl wrote:

I really need to stop making decisions right as I'm going to bed. I think I've mixed up the sequencing. I wouldn't have had the first TA in my hand at the point where you let me play a card (my card draw comes after your power from Timeshift resolves). I don't think I would have played any of my other cards, so if someone else would have wanted to play a card in the middle of my last turn then we should do that. In the meantime, I'll step back through my last turn and figure out what Omni-X should actually look like at this point.

OK, if you would have declined the card play at that point, I would give it to Legacy, then (clearly) give you one of the card plays on my turn.  I'll edit my posts (using strikeouts) to reflect this.
grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ok, so the end result is the same for Omni - no editing required there.

I'm going to throw my plasma cannon away to stay ahead of the lava.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

So far:

G. Legacy - Take damage

Tachyon - Destroy Hud Goggles (projected)

Omnitron-X - destroy plasma cannon

Redeemer Fanatic - take 5 fire damage

Argent Adept - destroy Xu's Bell

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

I'll keep the ring and take the damage.

-Reckless

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I'm going to assume that Tachyon destroys HUD goggles and go from there, we can fix it later if Grim wants to take the damage.

Fourth Round

Gloomweaver

HP:  79

In Play:  Sable Pin [5](Argent Adept)

Trash:  Zombie Servant(5), Chosen Disciple(2), Cursed Acolyte, Indigo Pin, Profane Zealot

-------------------------------------------------

Start of Turn:  Less than 3 relics, No option to summon a relic, No Zombie in play.

Play a Card:  Vast Following reveals Zombie servant(3) Cursed Acolyte, Chosen Disciple.  Cursed Acolyte [6] and Chosen Disciple [7] enter play.  Then play Indigo Pin [9] (Tachyon)

End of Turn:  Cursed Acolyte deals 3 fire, and 3 infernal damage to each hero.

Chosen Disciple Moves 1 Zombie into play from Trash, Legacy takes the melee, is immune.

Zombie Servant hits Legacy, who is immune to melee damage.

-------------------------------------------------

HP:  90

In Play:  Sable Pin [5] (Argent Adept), Cursed Acolyte [6], Chosen Disciple [7], Indigo Pin [9](Tachyon) Zombie Servant [2]

In Trash:  Zombie Servant(4)

Additional Effects:

ST:  Flip if there are three relics in play.

If there are three or more cultists in play Heroes may destroy two to summon a relic from the deck.

If there is a zombie in play search trash for a Cultist and put it in play, destroy one Zombie.

Static Effects:

Gloomweaver and his Relics are indestructible. (Gloomy)

Hero Status:

Greatest Legacy: 2

Tachyon: 6 (Indigo pin, discard a card at hero end turn)

Omnitron-X: 9

Redeemer Fanatic: 3

The Argent Adept: 5 (Sable pin, Destroy a card at hero end turn or Gloomweaver deals 5 psychic damage)

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Omnitron-X has temporal shielding. The damage from Cursed Acolyte should be 3 + (3-2) = 4, so current HP = 9.

So glad I threw away the cannon instead of the armor.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

grysqrl wrote:

Omnitron-X has temporal shielding. The damage from Cursed Acolyte should be 3 + (3-2) = 4, so current HP = 9.So glad I threw away the cannon instead of the armor.

Sorry, forgot the healing from Gung-Ho!

cmschex
Playtester

Also, Fanatic should be at 3 (5 from lava, 6 from Acolyte)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Sorry for the health issues, apparently I pulled up the chart from after the previous villain turn, missed several things, should be fixed now.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

So glad I left my bell behind to escape the lava...

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

dpt wrote:

So glad I left my bell behind to escape the lava...

That thing's huge! We could have flipped it over and ridden away in it like a boat.

cmschex
Playtester

Fanatic just stood there, shaking her sword at the lava and attempting to divert it

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

America's Greatest Legacy

HP: 2 (AAAAAAAAA)

Hand: Danger Sense, Superhuman Durability, Motivational Charge, Fortitude

In Play: Inspiring Presence, Next Evolution, The Legacy Ring, Lead From The Front

Trash: Backfist Strike, Bolster Allies

Additional effects: +1 damage for everyone!

------------------

Start of hero turn:

Play a card: Fortitude

Use a power: Gung-Ho!: Omnitron-X regains 1HP and gets to Timeshift someone.

Next Evolution: We still have a Hypersonic Assault left, which will presumably neuter the Cursed Acolyte, so immune to melee again.

Draw a card: Next Evolution

End of hero turn:

-------------------

HP: 2

Hand: Danger Sense, Superhuman Durability, Motivational Charge, Next Evolution

In Play: Inspiring Presence, Next Evolution, The Legacy Ring, Lead From The Front, Fortitude

Trash: Backfist Strike, Bolster Allies

Additional effects: +1 damage for everyone!, -1 damage dealt to Legacy, Legacy is immune to melee damage.

-Reckless

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:

Use a power: Gung-Ho!: Omnitron-X regains 1HP and gets to Timeshift someone.

I'll Timeshift myself - maybe I can get an Innervation Ray.

Timeshift reveals Elemental Exochassis. I'll put it into play, bringing Temporal Shielding back into my hand.

grim88

Would it be better to Sonic Vortex and do more damage to everyone, or Hypersonic Assault for the damage shut down?

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Can we clear the board of cultists and pins?  If so, maybe the sonic vortex would be better.  Legacy can take any Melee damage (if he doesn't get killed) and there aren't so many things dealing other damage. That surprisingly looks plausible. Unfortunately more things to hurt us will probably be coming out, and neither attack will protect us against that.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

There are 2 more vast followings in the deck, if you get cursed Acolyte again your all dead

Personally I would have fanatic shut down acolyte and kill the rest, even if you hypersonic the chosen disciple pulls a zombie, I would vortex then focus on killing things like pins and the disciple that do damage ZO can't shut down.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Well, obviously we're in trouble...  I think priorities are the pins and the zombies (since the zombies pull from the trash). I forgot about Zealous Offense, that will help shutting down damage. I'll be playing Vernal Sonata, which means we won't want to discard for the River of Lava, which means I'd better destroy it with my Sarabande of Destruction, I guess.

grim88

I would do four damageto everything currently out there with Sonic Vortex which won't kill everything, but if others do damage this round, we might.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I think you actually do 5: you also go a bonus from Syncopated Onslaught.

grim88

Well, it's still not enough to kill anyone the hypersonic assault wouldn't already kill. I think i'll shut down the damage this time and then pull out he slightly bigger gun next round.

grim88

Tachyon

HP: 6 (I fear we shant win this one...)

Hand: Hypersonic Assault, Nimble Strike

In Play:

Trash: Quick Insight, Synaptic Interruption, Nimble Strike, Accelerated Assault,

Sucker Punch (2), Hypersonic Assault(2), Lightning Reflexes, Blinding Speed, HUD

Goggles (Burst = 7)

Additional effects: Indigo Pin(9) +1 damage from Legacy, +1 from the Bard (Synco Onslaught)

------------------

Start of hero turn:

Play a card: Hypersonic Assault: 3 sonic damage to all non hero targets (Damage

listed below), those targets can't deal damage till start of my next turn.

Use a power: (I already know what's there...)

Draw a card: Sonic Vortex

End of hero turn: Pin eats Nimble Strike (grumble)

-------------------

HP: 6

Hand: Hypersonic Assault, Nimble Strike

In Play: HUD Goggles

Trash: Quick Insight, Synaptic Interruption, Nimble Strike, Accelerated Assault,

Sucker Punch (2), Hypersonic Assault(3), Lightning Reflexes, Blinding Speed, HUD

Goggles, Nimble Strike(Burst = 8)

Additional effects: Indigo Pin(7)

Non hero targets hypersonically assaulted can't deal damage till start of my

next turn.

Sable Pin [2], Cursed Acolyte [3], Chosen Disciple [4], Indigo Pin [6](Tachyon) Zombie Servant [DEAD],Velociraptor Pack [DEAD]

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

grim88 wrote:

Well, it's still not enough to kill anyone the hypersonic assault wouldn't already kill. I think i'll shut down the damage this time and then pull out he slightly bigger gun next round.

FWIW, it would kill one card, the Sable Pin on me.  But of course the Hypersonic Assault makes that irrelevant. BTW, you did 3 damage, not 2; you did it right in the end summary.
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Zombies and the Chosen Disciple aren't a big deal at all actually, as Legacy can tank them with no trouble.

The Zombie turning into a cultist is something., but the only cultist that is trouble is Cursed Acolyte.

Right now Infernal damage is the big threat, if you leave the Acolyte in play ZO can shut it down, the sable pin is the biggest threat, but vortex is enough to kill it.  Right now you need some healing and to finish getting prepared to summon relics.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I'm not sure why we're talking about Sonic Vortex, when Tachyon doesn't actually have the option to play it this turn...

I propose that we leave the Cursed Acolyte in play, where we can control his damage and eventually use him to summon, rather than kill him and risk him coming back with Vast Following.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Tachyon: Don't forget that you also hit Gloomweaver

Omnitron-X

HP: 10

Hand: Temporal Shielding (2), Disruptive Flechettes, Singularity, Reset, Technological Advancement

In Play: Gaussian Coil Blaster, Defensive Blast, Electro-Deployment Unit, Elemental Exochassis

Trash: Self Sabotage, Rocket Punch, Focused Plasma Cannon, Disruptive Flechettes, Technological Advancement

Additional effects: +1 damage dealt (from Legacy); -2 cold, fire, lightning, energy damage taken

------------------

Start of hero turn:

• Gaussian Coil Blaster deals 2 (1+1 from Legacy) lightning damage to Sable Pin, Indigo Pin, Gloomweaver.
  • Electro-Deployment Unit plays Technological Advancement. Play Innervation Ray and draw Reset.
  • Innervation Ray heals Legacy, Fanatic, and Argent Adept for 1 each

Play a Card: Reset. Draw Disruptive Flechettes. Play Temporal Shielding (Elemental Exochassis returns to hand)

This leaves us with: Gloomweaver [74], Cursed Acolyte [3] Chosen Disciple[4], Indigo Pin[4]

Use a power: Timeshift Argent Adept

Pause here to resolve Timeshift

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Sorry. As I was typing this up, I forgot the part about keepign CA in play. Give me a moment to revise.

Update: Turn above updated to leave the cultists alive.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Also (and this is probably best saved for when we get some relics in play), if I can get a damage boost from Legacy and Argent Adept, I can do 12 damage to all non-hero targets with Defensive Blast. We can spend a turn or two knocking out the relics' HP and then summon the third.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

dpt wrote:

I'm not sure why we're talking about Sonic Vortex, when Tachyon doesn't actually have the option to play it this turn...I propose that we leave the Cursed Acolyte in play, where we can control his damage and eventually use him to summon, rather than kill him and risk him coming back with Vast Following.

Yeah, was reading and thinking and got on the wrong timing.  bah.

Also (and this is probably best saved for when we get some relics in play), if I can get a damage boost from Legacy and Argent Adept, I can do 12 damage to all non-hero targets with Defensive Blast. We can spend a turn or two knocking out the relics' HP and then summon the third.

You definitely want the bone bag out of commission fast on the flip side, zombies have a way of spawning a lot.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

The timeshift reveals Arcane Cadence (yay!) Put it into play.

Reveal 5 cards from the deck: Akpunku's Drum, Cedistic Disonant, Rhapsody of Vigor, Alacritous Subdominant, and Inventive Preparation.

Put Rhapsody of Vigor in my hand, Alacritous Subdominant on top of my deck, Inventive Preparation on the bottom of my deck, Cedistic Dissonant into the trash, and play Akpunku's Drum.

I could play Rhapsody of Vigor rather than Vernal Sonata this round. (Both heal us all for 1HP.) How much do people want a card from the trash back? It looks like we don't actually need the Hypersonic Assault. If I play Rhapsody of Vigor, then Legacy could let me use it with Gung-Ho.

Either way, someone else will now get a card play; let me know your thoughts.

(Updated with the card choices.)

grim88

dpt wrote:

I'm not sure why we're talking about Sonic Vortex, when Tachyon doesn't actually have the option to play it this turn...

Sorry, got a little confused since I knew that card was at the top of my deck... Good thing I went with the other method so I didn't have to redo my turn.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

dpt wrote:

I could play Rhapsody of Vigor rather than Vernal Sonata this round. (Both heal us all for 1HP.) How much do people want a card from the trash back? It looks like we don't actually need the Hypersonic Assault. If I play Rhapsody of Vigor, then Legacy could let me use it with Gung-Ho.

Either way, someone else is now getting a card play; let me know your thoughts.

I think it depends on whether or not you are going to take out the lava card during your power phase. I'd say, if no one objects to discarding 3 cards from their deck (for my part, discarding isn't a problem), then play Rhapsody of Vigor. If someone objects, then play Vernal Sonata and use your power to destroy the lava.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

grysqrl wrote:

dpt wrote:
I could play Rhapsody of Vigor rather than Vernal Sonata this round. (Both heal us all for 1HP.) How much do people want a card from the trash back? It looks like we don't actually need the Hypersonic Assault. If I play Rhapsody of Vigor, then Legacy could let me use it with Gung-Ho.Either way, someone else is now getting a card play; let me know your thoughts.

I think it depends on whether or not you are going to take out the lava card during your power phase. I'd say, if no one objects to discarding 3 cards from their deck (for my part, discarding isn't a problem), then play Rhapsody of Vigor. If someone objects, then play Vernal Sonata and use your power to destroy the lava.

Right, I should have made that explicit.  Discard 3 cards helps Tachyon and doesn't hurt the rest of us unless I stack their decks, which I'm not currently planning on.  In fact, more cards in the discard gives more to choose from with an eventual Vernal Sonata.  If I play Vernal Sonata, I would use Akpunku's drum to (a) give someone a card play and (b) destroy the lava.

Pages