The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

WYC 2019, 22-24 March

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester
WYC 2019, 22-24 March

Any interest in an organized "slate" of programming a la a couple years back? In particular, I'm kind of thinking a SI Tournament in the Friday night slot (and, if GtG will let us, sneak previewing something else from JE by surprise).

Regardless, I'll be present. I currently think my son will be with my for a day of D&D on Saturday, including participating in the Epic, but that would leave me Friday and Sunday to help out with stuff.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I believe Maggie is working on it. I'm sure we'll hear something soon. :-D 

In any case, I'll be doing the annual Sentinel Tactics game to intro tweens and teens to miniature gaming along with other things (e.g., pop-up SotM and Spirit Island demos). 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Twitsan

Form the conversation I had with most of the GTG staff I believe they are going to still be in recovery mode from PAX East the previous weekend. 

That being said they all have a standing invite to come as themselves and not as a GTG employee.

I like Rabit will be running pop up events throughout the weekend. We have a mostly complete copy (as in all the expansions) of SOTM, Fate of the Elder Gods, Spirit Island, the RPG starter kit, as well as a smattering of their smaller games available in the WYG library.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I'll be at WittCon in Springfield, OH that weekend!  Sorry!

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

GtG has never really had an official presence at WYC aside from those of us who have run stuff on their behalf.  Seems like maybe my pinging Maggie about the OK to have an SI tournament might not be a bad idea.

Russ, if you have time for an SI game, either with Andy & the rest of the Indy playtest group or that might finally give me a chance to meet Mrs. Rabit (since I hear about her every year), I'd love to make it work. Be good for me to get outside the hivemind of my current group.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I plan to attend. I don't think I'll be running anything, though if GtG asks or someone wants to coordinate, I'm potentially interested. As for SI, my enthusiasm for playing it ebbs and flows. I'm almost always up for a game of SotM, though.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Sure thing. I can just more-or-less guarantee I'll be bringing my SI stuff (and potentially playtest kit); it's harder to transport my copy of SotM now that it's been moved into the Cool Box of Awesomness.

dyeung87
Playtester

Speaking of Pax East, any word if they need volunteers for that event? I did it last year and it was a blast!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

dyeung87 wrote:

Speaking of Pax East, any word if they need volunteers for that event? I did it last year and it was a blast!

Per the latest Citizen Insider:

Maggie wrote:

With those changes in mind, we are looking for Citizens for PAX East (March 28-31) and we would love to work with you or anyone you might want to recommend! Please email me for more details!

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)