The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Who's Going to GenCon?

37 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Who's Going to GenCon?

One of the best part of cons is meeting forumites. If you are going to GenCon, post here with what days you will be there, so others can say "Hi!".

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

I'll be there the whole time. :-) Come by the Greater Than Games booth and say hi! Or, after the exhibitor hall closes, come by our side room, and I'll probably be there.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

If I can get in as a helper for GtG then I may be able to go.  I still need a response from my boss, though, about taking those days off.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

defeateddust
defeateddust's picture

I will be there volunteering with Sejixs AKA Artsyrobot. I will be cosplaying as Exemplar on saturday and Sejixs will be Pinion. I'm super excited to see everyone again GenCon is my favorite event of the year!

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

For the first time ever I shall be going!!

I'm volunteering to help a friend demo his product (Would it be okay to link his site?) so I'll be there the whole time.

I'm kind of terrified, first big gaming convention I've ever been to. Didn't plan anything, but I'll definetly want to play some Sentinels and possibly Tactics (sad that I can't do anything with the tournament). Actually... would I need any of these tickets or anything else like that for Sentinels?

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I'll be there! I'm volunteering for GtG.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'll be there the whole time and will be running demos of Spirit Island.

Chaosmancer: There are ticketed events, for which you need tickets (>G events are listed here). There is also the exhibition hall where companies have booths for sales, demos, etc. Things at the booths are generally not ticketed.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Chaosmancer wrote:

For the first time ever I shall be going!! I'm volunteering to help a friend demo his product (Would it be okay to link his site?) so I'll be there the whole time. I'm kind of terrified, first big gaming convention I've ever been to. Didn't plan anything, but I'll definetly want to play some Sentinels and possibly Tactics (sad that I can't do anything with the tournament). Actually... would I need any of these tickets or anything else like that for Sentinels?  

"9. No spamming of any kind. Links to off-site content will be evaluated on a case by case basis. We have zero tolerance for marketing attempts, so keep them out of here."

You're welcome to create an off-topic thread to let us know about somethng that interests you.

Sentinels of the Multiverse will not be demo'd in the GtG booth this year. GtGs is running some SotM events. You would need a ticket. It may be worth showing up to scheduled events to see if there are any no-shows. Normally, you'd need Generic tickets to do that, but since the SotM tickets look to cost zero dollars, you probably wouldn't in this case.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I will be there, trying to enjoy myself despite being frustrated that I can't do everything else I want to do and watch all of the Tactics tournaments, too.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

It'd be cool if I could be a judge on the Tactics tournaments again.  It was a lot of fun last time.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

arenson9 wrote:
GtGs is running some SotM events. You would need a ticket. It may be worth showing up to scheduled events to see if there are any no-shows. Normally, you'd need Generic tickets to do that, but since the SotM tickets look to cost zero dollars, you probably wouldn't in this case.
Will you need tickets for all the SotM and other GtG content? For instance, there's only one Spirit Island event listed (a demo by Christopher), but I'm sure there will be plenty of other games running (as grysqrl indicated above).
MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

arenson9 wrote:

Sentinels of the Multiverse will not be demo'd in the GtG booth this year.

The digital version will be =) we will have a demo of multiplayer!

I'll be at Gen Con all of the days, first time for me!

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Looking forward to it!

(Now I just have to figure out where my Ra costume went when we moved... )

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

dpt wrote:

arenson9 wrote:
GtGs is running some SotM events. You would need a ticket. It may be worth showing up to scheduled events to see if there are any no-shows. Normally, you'd need Generic tickets to do that, but since the SotM tickets look to cost zero dollars, you probably wouldn't in this case.

Will you need tickets for all the SotM and other GtG content? For instance, there's only one Spirit Island event listed (a demo by Christopher), but I'm sure there will be plenty of other games running (as grysqrl indicated above).

You don't need tickets for games in the booth. The drawback is that it's first come, first serve, so there's no guaranteed game.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I will be there all four days (five, if you count coming in early on Wednesday evening to pick up my badge and play in an off-the-books game with some friends).

On Thursday and Friday, I'll be running several "Shuffling Horror" events for GameWick Games, for whom I edit.  

On Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday, I'll be running Cold Steel Wardens demos and (in the evenings) full four-hour games.  This is actually the first time since I've been attending GenCon that *all* of my events have sold out!  Excitement!

[edit] Oh, and my wife is coming too.  She probably won't be there until the weekend, though, as she wasn't able to get off of work during the week.

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Me and My Wife are helping GTG and will be there all 4 days.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

I'll probably be there? We'll see. Got a lot going on.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

You're probably too busy with Gen Con to go to Gen Con.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I'm too busy with Gen Cant to be at Gen Con.

EDIT: Jokey name aside, Gen Cant is an actual thing, see here!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

I was thinking that Gen Pro might be a more positive environment than Gen Con.  What do you think?

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

I was thinking that Gen Pro might be a more positive environment than Gen Con.  What do you think?

Or Gen Legitimate-Business-Dealings-Without-Any-Trickery

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Or Gen Wasteland.

And I WILL be there.  Thanks, Craig and Taba!

Pulseglazer
Playtester

I'm there all weekend. Tickets sold out FAST, but I'll be up for any casual gaming or watching some demos.

Blossercubbles
Blossercubbles's picture

Now that I live in Indianapolis, there's no excuse to not be there. And, much like the past two years, I'll be part of the GtG helper crew!

There are a few costume-based things I'll be doing at the convention, but none are Sentinels based. Hopefully it doesn't cause anyone confusion when Velma is teaching them a game just to be eaten alive the next day by Adagio McSingsalot.

I'd say I'm pretty excited for this year's Con, due to actually signing up for things to do. I usually work, walk, and watch the speed painting competition, especially when Malifaux is featured.

I fall up the stairs.

"Right, Left, Right, Left! Chu! Chu! Chu!

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

Christopher wrote:

I'll probably be there? We'll see. Got a lot going on.

It's cool; I'll cover for you.

NAL0781
NAL0781's picture
Playtester

My first GenCon this year.  Soooo excited.  Will be there the whole time.

Animus
Animus's picture
Playtester

Hello everybody!

My name is Ron. I'm new to the forums, but have been a fan of Sentinels for a little while. Truth be told, I didn't delve into the storyline until recently, though. What took me so long?! 

Anyway, I will be at Gen Con Thursday through Saturday. Mostly I'll be playing D&D 5e and be at Games on Demand GMing or playing, or I will be wandering the dealer hall. I would LOVE to meet some people. Is anyone playing a meetup at the con to play some games?

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Welcome, Animus! The best place to meet up is either at our booth or our side room, unless some of the forumites have something else set up. But I know for sure that our booth and the side room will be packed full of people from the forums, both working and playing.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Welcome to the forums!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Sejixs
Sejixs's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Yeah, it's hard for me to stay away from the Sentinels booth during GenCon. There are always so many lovely people to meet while volunteering.

Full-time Scientist, Part-time Artist.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Agreed, Sejixs! I usually end up there even when I'm not on a volunteer shift...

Glad to have you join us, Animus!

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

PlatinumWarlock

Craig wrote:

Welcome, Animus! The best place to meet up is either at our booth or our side room, unless some of the forumites have something else set up. But I know for sure that our booth and the side room will be packed full of people from the forums, both working and playing.

There's a >G side room?  

Where at and when?

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

PlatinumWarlock wrote:

There's a >G side room?  Where at and when?

Room 144. It'll be open from 9am to late at night.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Craig wrote:

PlatinumWarlock wrote:

144?!   

The tactics tournaments and SotM RPG demos are all listed in 237-238. Is the side room different then where the tactics tournament and SotM RPG demos will be run?

Tactics tournaments THU     10am    4pm   Tactics Qualifier (BGM1577297, ICC 237-238, $0) THU     3pm     9pm   Tactics Qualifier (BGM1577298, ICC 237-238, $0) FRI     1pm     8pm   Tactics Qual Semis/Finals (BGM1577299, ICC 237-238, $0) SAT     10am    5pm   Tactics Champ Semis (BCM1577307, ICC 237-238, $0) SUN     10am    2pm   Tactics Champ Finals (BCM1577301, ICC 237-238, $0)  

Thu 7/30
1pm     3pm   SoTM RPG Demo (RPG1577302, ICC 237-238, $0)

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Andy, where are you seeing that posted? That was our old room, and Gen Con told me that they were going to update the number everywhere. I'd like to know where they still have the old number posted and yell at them.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

PlatinumWarlock

Craig wrote:

PlatinumWarlock wrote:

I'll make sure to swing by!  My schedule is a bit odd, as I'm running demo games most afternoons and full sessions from 7-11pm, but I'll make time to get a game or two in!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Paul wrote:

Andy, where are you seeing that posted? That was our old room, and Gen Con told me that they were going to update the number everywhere. I'd like to know where they still have the old number posted and yell at them.

Sigh. This is what I get for being organized and proactive. I've had those details in a file for months. Let's see what the current system says ... yup 144/145. Well, at least I found out. Also, better location, I think.