The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Which Letters Page episode had discussion of updated edition?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Which Letters Page episode had discussion of updated edition?

I've spent a bunch of time digging for it with no luck, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

Does anyone remember the episode of The Letters Page that Christopher and Adam went into details about their plans for a new, updated edition of Sentinels of the Multiverse that would have newer versions of the art and story-based challenges for villains? The went into detail on some of the ideas they had around the new challenges, and we "playtested" Baron Blade's (from memory). I wanted to see how close we got to what they discussed. :-) 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

TheOneWaaagh
Playtester

I think it was episode 114, the create a thing live. The show notes mention the Sentinels card game.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

YES!!!! That's it! :-D Thanks, TheOneWaaagh! 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I did a search for "Definitive" in the wiki and came up with a few significant mentions:

• Episode 92 (Perestroika)
  • Episode 114 (Scenarios)
  • Editor's Note #32

I was actually looking for the first mention and couldn't find it.  They probably weren't calling it the "Definitive Edition" formally back then.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

WalkingTarget
WalkingTarget's picture

I think I referred to it as the "art update" prior to the name "definitive edition" getting brought in.

I did a quick look and found something in Episode 68 (where they created Oni) that mentioned it, so it probably came up prior to that.

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

Is it close enough that we should make a thread to speculate on what some of the "first apperance" varients will look like?

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

Godai
Godai's picture

Sea-Envy wrote:
Is it close enough that we should make a thread to speculate on what some of the "first apperance" varients will look like?

“First Appearance Fanatic” starts incapacitated.

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

Godai wrote:
Sea-Envy wrote:

“First Appearance Fanatic” starts incapacitated.

ouch
too soon

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

anyone hope that "first appearance" Void Guard is the gladiator outfits from deepest space #1

I know some of the mechanics I hope to see but will save that for a dedicated thread

Trajector
Trajector's picture

That would be awesome!

I definitely hope that First Appearance Luminary is wearing a portal-fiend-skin cloak.