The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Where to Start?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
jesterhawk
jesterhawk's picture
Where to Start?

Hello,

I apologize if this is posted somewhere.  One thing I really found myself missing in the rulebook was a basic kind of "Start" here and run this scenario or just take these two characters and do this.  I also found that a missing setup section left me wondering if I had really set the game up correctly.  So I put it back in the box and decided to ask.  What is the best scenario to start with?

Thanks

Pat

---------------------------------

P.R.Aquilone

http://patrickaquilone.com

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Usually the first Baron Blade scenario is a good start.  Or a 3v3 skirmish.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

jesterhawk
jesterhawk's picture

Thanks.  We will start there.

---------------------------------

P.R.Aquilone

http://patrickaquilone.com

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

For your very first match I would suggest a 1v1 with characters like Wraith, Bunker, Ra, and Omnitron-V.  Use Megalopolis, and get things like Line of Sight, Turn order, and how Aim/Dodge/Attack and Defense tokens work.

Note that the game isn't balanced for 1v1, but keeping it simple while you learn the basics of the game is a good idea.

From there move on to a bigger skirmish, 2v2 skirmishes are much more balanced, 3v3 are the best; or try a scenario.

Scenarios are almost never a straight up fight and involve different strategies than skirmishes, they are more objective based than fight based.

Baron Blade and Omnitron Scenarios are great once you have a pretty good idea what you are doing.

waedens
Playtester

If you read the inside of the baron blade comic. It tells you what to do. I looked at it first because it is the lowest number comic book.