The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Where to buy Station cards from

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities
Where to buy Station cards from

In the Gameplay section of the rules, for the Requisition phase, it says:

• Requisition: Players may purchase cards from the Station in their sector

But in the actual Requisition section of the rules, it just says "Then, each player may purchase cards equal to this value."  No mention of the fact that the card being purchased must be from the sector that player is currently in.  If it's easy to do, it seems like this important limitation should probably be mentioned in the Requisition section of the rules, since it'd be easy to overlook otherwise.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

the rules are still in beta. I believe our pdf says that specifically and it was probably just an oversight in the ks update.

so out of curiosity spiff why don't you have play tester status? the kinds of questions you're asking our key play tester questions!

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Why I'm not a playtester:

1) I generally prefer to play a game that has the kinks worked out.  I don't have time to (and my family/gaming group doesn't have the patience for) playing a game that isn't really ready yet.

2) It cost extra money during the SotM Kickstarters to become a playtester and I didn't want to pony up. ;)

This worked out fine for me for SotM, because the only things to playtest were expansions.  I didn't have time to play lots of games to see if cards were balanced, and it was easy enough to wait for the release of the actual expansion to have my "Christmas morning" moment when the box arrive.

However, for GSF, my curiosity/interest in getting a look at the game before it came out was very high.  I even tried a couple of times to get ahold of Christopher to see if he'd let me become a playtester even if it just meant that I'd be a fly on the wall to read the chatter and examine the rules, without the expectation that I'd be able to participate with actual gameplay reports.

Christopher's a busy guy though and he never replied, so it never happened. That means you all get to read my Monday-morning quarterbacking feedback now instead. ;)

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm