The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

When do we get new promos for the app?

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pulseglazer
Playtester
When do we get new promos for the app?

It feels about time for a shake up, no?  Any word on new promos?

cmschex
Playtester

I would not be surprised to see some drop with Rook City this month

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

They have stated that there will be variants that are going to be unlockable at the time of Rook City's release.

Pulseglazer
Playtester

That's pretty cool... I wonder which.  Dark Watch, perhaps?  

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

With their last streaming session it seems likely that America's Greatest Legacy might be unlocked.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Mr.JJ

Also, expat had a variant bar. Dark watch?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

That's the only known promo for Expat so it seems likely.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

Unless they hold the Dark Watch until after Setback's release.

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

I wonder how they decide the order to release promos in, since it's clearly different from the order they were released for the physical game. Sure, Young Legacy and Rook City Wraith were both early comers, but GI Bunker really surprised me to be seen so early. Super Scientific Tachyon, I can understand, since it was linked to the game's release.

That being said, I hope Eternal Haka is soon- don't get me wrong, Haka is pretty useful with his base card, but he just becomes an absolute powerhouse with the extra draws to strengthen his namesake abilities.

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

I could see Eternal Haka being released alongside mini-expansion 2 with Final Wasteland/Scholar/Miss Info.

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

IF you watched the stream you might have seen something :)

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

So if we assume F6 is unlocked with ST, PW is unlocked with WotC, and the rest of the DW is unlocked with Vengeance, that leaves Eternal Haka, Redeemer Fanatic, Rogue Agent KNYFE, Beardy Ra, and then the new ones.

Obviously, Ra and Fanatic will be unlocked with IR. Eternal Haka is a good bet for the second mini expansion.

So, that leaves Rogue Agent KNYFE. She can't be unlocked with Wrath, because she won't be in the game yet, so I would put her in the Vengeance set with DW. 

That leaves the new ones, which will likely be unlocked with Villains. Any last promos will likely be bundled, both in real life and in the video game, with the final expansion.

As for villain promos, Spite and Gloomy will probably come with vengeance, maybe IR but doubtful.

These are just guesses but they all fit the time frame, give at least 2 promos per expansion except for the last mini, which doesn't need one, and fit either by timeline of release or by theme.

As for why we are getting Promo Expat but not fixer, maybe it's because he hasn't died yet. I'm not sure, but the stream didn't have his promo but it did have expat and legacy.

Mr.JJ

There could be new promos in the mix as well. Every hero is getting one, & aren't there two more villains in the oversized pack?

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

If we stuck to the order in which the promos were actually released, there would be exactly one right now - Young Legacy. And Rook City would bring exactly one more - Rook City Wraith. Since they've made many promo cards since, we thought it would be a bit more interesting to have more than one to begin with =)

(Super Scientific Tachyon would have to wait until the video game version of the video game was released)

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

MigrantP wrote:

(Super Scientific Tachyon would have to wait until the video game version of the video game was released)

That is so cool, instead of picking heroes, you pick the people playing the heroes. Who would I pick first...

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

There's a video game Knight of the tabletop, where you roleplay a group of role players. Its fun, I like using the bard with the barbarian, shaman mage and necromancer, which allows you to deal ridiculous amounts of damage with everyone but the bard, while restoring mana.

Back on subject, I realize you aren't following the previous game exactly, but the way I laid it out seems to fit the heroes left. 

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Pydro wrote:

MigrantP wrote:

That is so cool, instead of picking heroes, you pick the people playing the heroes. Who would I pick first...

I'd pick Foote, and make him play Fanatic but never Reedemer Fanatic. 

One of my favorite campaigns my old rpg group ran we rolled characters, then the GM had us play as other people in the group with the characters they rolled.  It was a lot of fun.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal