The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

What's next?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
everlastingtilt
What's next?

I know this may be a bit premature, but what is GTG going to be doing after OblivAeon?  It's actually kind of a downer, but this is it.  SoTM is done.  This is the final expansion.  But, nobody wants to see GTG go away, so there must be more.

I know there's been talk of an RPG, which I will of course buy, but I hope that isn't it.  Maybe a SoTM style game, but with customizable decks?  Doesn't even have to be super heroes.  Or are there already other games planned that haven't been announced yet?

Maybe I'm just coming down from that high of seeing $1M on the kickstarter a couple days ago.  I'm only slightly worried about the future (and sad that such a beautiful thing is passing away soon).  I think I need a hug.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

First of all, just because the storyline is ending doesn't mean that SotM is going away. No one is going to sneak into your house and steal the game (probably), so you can keep on playing and I'm sure that they'll keep on printing and selling it. In addition to that? Well, there's always Sentinel Tactics, Sentinel Comics RPG, Spirit Island, Galactic Strike Force, Bottom of the Ninth, Deck Building: The Deck Building Game, whatever comes out of the <mechanic> the <mechanic> game contest, whatever comes out of the dexterity game contest, and not a few other Dice Hate Me games. That's what we know about. I don't think the possibility of >G running out of ideas for great things is something we need to be particularly worried about at the moment.

PeterCHayward
PeterCHayward's picture
Game Designer

Don't forget Sentinels of the Multiverse: The Card Game: The Video Game: The Board Game!

Australian living in Toronto. I make a lot of games. http://about.peterchayward.com

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

And Sentinels of the Multiverse: The Card Game: The Video Game: The Board Game: The Dice Game: The Tarot Deck

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I've been looking forward to that one forever.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

PeterCHayward
PeterCHayward's picture
Game Designer

Plus they have the breakfast tie-ins launching soon: Sentinels of the Multigrain

Australian living in Toronto. I make a lot of games. http://about.peterchayward.com

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

People seem to be anxious about the end of SotM, from commentary on this forum as well as elsewhere. I think what they're looking for is reassurance.

PeterCHayward
PeterCHayward's picture
Game Designer

I can assure you that while SotM may be ending, GTG is going to be making games for a long while to come, and I don't think you'd physically be able to stop Christopher and Adam from telling new and amazing stories.

CodieH
CodieH's picture
Game DesignerPlaytester

PeterCHayward wrote:

Plus they have the breakfast tie-ins launching soon: Sentinels of the Multigrain

Part of a well-balanced breakfast = )

"Quintessential Tactics Experience: Arguing Over Range" - Worlds Tournament 2015

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Belle Sorciere wrote:

People seem to be anxious about the end of SotM, from commentary on this forum as well as elsewhere. I think what they're looking for is reassurance.

I think two things will strongly affect people's opinions:

1. How Spirit Island does in game stores.

2. What they announce when OblivAeon's development is done and they're ready to move on to the next thing.

For both items, we have a little waiting in store for us. Naturally, Christopher, Paul, and Adam will be concentrating on OblivAeon for the foreseeable future...

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Trajector wrote:

Belle Sorciere wrote:

I think two things will strongly affect people's opinions:

1. How Spirit Island does in game stores.

This, especially, I think. Neither GSF nor Sentinel Tactics has met with the same kind of overwhelming reception as SotM did.

eggroll20xd6
eggroll20xd6's picture
Playtester

jffdougan wrote:

Trajector wrote:
 Belle Sorciere wrote:

I think two things will strongly affect people's opinions:1. How Spirit Island does in game stores.

This, especially, I think. Neither GSF nor Sentinel Tactics has met with the same kind of overwhelming reception as SotM did.

I feel that if people actually knew how to play the two games or create scenarios for Tactics, both would be just as popular as SotM. The biggest hurdle GTG has is their success as it seems they offered Sentinels products with each of those campaigns. My guess is that most played the games once because they are so familiar with the core game. I hope both see a revitalization as both are good in their own rights

Go forth noble heroes!