The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

What's this? [It's Plague Rat]

45 posts / 0 new
Last post
Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer
What's this? [It's Plague Rat]

Whoops, I seem to have slipped and uploaded some art here.  Huh.  Well, nothing to be done about it now...

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Oooh, it's the rat guy I've heard about.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Amazing how you accidentally watermarked it, too...

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

I must have accidentally hit the "Import the image into Photoshop, then create a '>G Logo' layer at 50% Opacity, then output as .jpg" button.  I really need to map that to a less easy-to-accidentally-press place.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

To make matters worse, it's right next to your "Post to the forums in a new thread" button. Just irresponsible.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Christopher wrote:
Whoops, I seem to have slipped and uploaded some art here.  Huh.  Well, nothing to be done about it now...

:D

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

SlenderTroll
SlenderTroll's picture

Oooooooh... Very cool. Feel like dropping any spoilers about his nemesis?

Grinnell College 2016

meakatommy

Do it dude, peer pressure.

Poop can wait, Time Crisis is now!

SlenderTroll
SlenderTroll's picture

Well, in the absence of anything more conclusive, it's time for baseless speculation! I don't think he fits as a nemesis for any of the heroes we currently have, so it'll have to be one of the new ones. (Either in the set with him or in a future set.) I'm guessing either some sort of plague doctor character or another lycanthrope/shapeshifter, perhaps some sort of anthropoid big cat. Or both? A plague doctor that turns into animals? A plague doctor that's really a jaguar?

EDIT: Ooh! And he can be a narc by day, since PR is apparently a drug dealer!

Grinnell College 2016

beevolant

SlenderTroll wrote:
Well, in the absence of anything more conclusive, it's time for baseless speculation!

Really SlenderTroll, I think it's always time for baseless speculation.

"Crime doesn't keep the Sabbath"

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

Baseless is my favorite kind of speculation. Once bases get involved, it just confuses the issue.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Bases?  Who's on first, What's on second.  How Far is third.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

meakatommy

I think it's going to be like, the Lizard from Spider-man.Horrible science experiment gone wrong, now half man half beast kind of thing. And I could see Plague Rat being Wraith's nemesis.

Cervie77
Playtester

A agree Meakatommy, Plague Rat feels like a fit for Wraith. I wonder if they intend to make him a Jeckle/Hyde or have him stuck in this new form.

Oh, and all your baseless speculation are belong to us!

The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: boron.
--Brother Silence, Gamers: Dorkness Rising.

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

But- but- I took off every zig!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

TheJayMann wrote:
Bases?  Who's on first, What's on second.  How Far is third.

I don't know!

8)

(Seriously: that routine is on my iPod...)

Greatly looking forward to hearing more about Plague Rat (which, by the way, is an awesome name)... And all the other new folks!

Rabit

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Oh... yeah... I Don't Know's on third..... that's right (and makes more sense (I should do more research...)).

Cervie77
Playtester

:D *Squee!*

Heeey, Charlie wake up, you silly sleepy head! We're on our way to Candy Mountain!

Shun the non-believer... Shuuuuuun-ah!

Okay, back to being serious again, with my speculation. I for one hope that Plague Rat has the power to inflict madness (or terrifying hallucinations) upon our heroes! I read a hint that he might have the power to convert heroes or render them actionless for awhile... I'm expecting he'll generate hoards of rats which will make each other's attack and health higher (As long as Hasbro doesn't sue... You might want to rethink the name, just saying. After all, they went after Wizkids over constructable card games.)

The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: boron.
--Brother Silence, Gamers: Dorkness Rising.

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

I promise he will operate vastly different than what you're thinking of. Hordes of rats in his deck are not in the cards. Pun intended.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I am even more excited about the expansion now then before. Can't wait to see him in combat.

evandan457

This guy seems like his method will be lots of direct attacks. Maybe a minion or two here and there, but I think he's gonna be gnawing on the heroes himself.

Oh, and I'm surprised no one's figured it out. He's a giant rat. His nemesis is obviously going to be Catwoman. The Michelle Pfeiffer one, not Halle Berry. So Adam, do us all a favor and give her a nice, tight leather costume. And, well, you know what else to do.

I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

meakatommy

I'm guessing no minions what so ever. And some sort of weird ability, that causes damage over time after being hit by him. Or a bunch of cards that equip to heroes and have really negative effects.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

By the way, if anyone has been paying attention, the Chairman has denied any existence of the Plague Rat.

Of course, none of this is near as important as the 25% discount at Slim's Auto Shop this weekend only.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Ooh, some one pays enough attention to the forum to notice our intentional leaks.  Good to know :)

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

TheJayMann wrote:
Of course, none of this is near as important as the 25% discount at Slim's Auto Shop this weekend only.

yeah ... I've been wondering about that.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

The Conscience
Playtester

arenson9 wrote:

TheJayMann wrote:

yeah ... I've been wondering about that.

I'm kind of intrigued by this "green" energy profile that is soon to be revealed from Pike Laboratories. Had my car fixed by Slim this last weekend and boy so they do good work. ;)

The Myth, The Legend, The Dream. You can't escape The Conscience!

evandan457

You guys are saying words, but I'm just not digesting them... I'm not sure if I walked into an inside joke, or what... If these are supposed to be spoilers, they're pretty vague; so vague that I'm not even seeing them.

SlenderTroll
SlenderTroll's picture

Up at the top of the forum, there's a "News" blurb, which has been changing every few days, recently. Apparently they're spoilerific, though we don't yet know what they mean.

Grinnell College 2016

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

They are headlines from the Rook City Gazette-Tribune which contain hints at the nature and back story of various key characters from the next expansion.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

SlenderTroll
SlenderTroll's picture

Man, what'd Jack Donovan do to deserve the death penalty?

Anyway, I'm betting he escapes and turns out to be the villain that isn't PR. My guess on PR is that he's become mutated by the secret toxic waste dumps at Pike Labs.

EDIT: Ooh! Or Donovan doesn't escape, gets executed, and we get an undead villain!

Grinnell College 2016

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Apparently Jack Donovan has been off the Satanism for two years now... Good for him!

beevolant

I don't know about you guys, but dive bombing birds in the suburbs freaks me out.

"Crime doesn't keep the Sabbath"

The Conscience
Playtester

Are we sure that the dive-bombing bird attacks were unprovoked?

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The news report failed to mention that every single one of the victims of bird assault was a upper-middleclass teen listening to 50 Cent...

The Conscience
Playtester

WriterRyan wrote:
The news report failed to mention that every single one of the victims of bird assault was a upper-middleclass teen listening to 50 Cent...

That would certainly count as provocation on to me. :P

meakatommy

So, are we guessing dive bombing birds are going to be part of a villain, environment...or hero? O_o

Veet

meakatommy wrote:
So, are we guessing dive bombing birds are going to be part of a villain, environment...or hero? O_o

I vote hero, Harvey Birdman!

My 8 year old son and I both agree that we like Chuck E Cheese better than Plague Rat. He is much easier to beat up.

evandan457

Or this could be the work of none other than Alfred Hitchcock!

meakatommy

evandan457 wrote:

That would be a great villain.

SlenderTroll
SlenderTroll's picture

meakatommy wrote:

evandan457 wrote:

That would be a great hero.

Fixed.

Grinnell College 2016

evandan457

Alfred Hitchcock's most powerful attack: the crop duster from North by Northwest.

We just watched that for my film class. Great movie.

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

The Crop Duster is the main villain of our next expansion, "Town and Country." Also included will be Urban Sprawl, a parasitic villain that feeds on crops, and Pesticide, a gritty, eco-friendly antihero.

Note: None of this should be taken seriously. Or should it?!

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The Sentinels of the MultiverseTM "Town and Country" Expansion Pack is brought to you by ChryslerTM.

ChryslerTM. Inspiration comes standard.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

I'm feeling sick to my stomach now . . .

. . . BECAUSE OF HOW AWESOME THESE IDEAS ARE!!!

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

evandan457

Yes! That Crop Duster is going down! And the main hero of this expansion must be the mighty Roger Thornhill, the Crop Duster's nemesis!

Roger Thornhill packs quite a punch with such cards as "Flee From Crop Duster", "Dive to the Ground", "Hide in the Cornstalks", "Dodge Gas Truck", "Steal Car", and the most powerful card of all...

"Drink Heavily".