The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

What were the spirits they showed off at gen con

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
What were the spirits they showed off at gen con

Topic

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Without the snark, they previewed two spirits called Grinning Trickster Stirs Up Trouble and Burning Plague Seeks Vengeance.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I thought a picture was posted on twitter but I’m not having any luck finding it. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

verdesca
verdesca's picture

You may wish to check out the BGG coverage of this topic:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2036884/new-spirit-previews

AdamH

Is there any chance we can find out the setup for these two spirits?

GTGAlex
GTGAlex's picture
Admin

I actually linked this in the expansion details thread a few days ago but here's the direct link to the twitter account of the person who took pictures!

https://mobile.twitter.com/JadiimJedi

AdamH

Yes I saw that -- it doesn't contain information that's usually on the back of the spirit board though, which is basically the setup. I might proxy these spirits and give them a try at home if I had all of the info wink

I assume you don't want that information to get out, then?

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

Morning everyone!

I see no reason to hide the setup- you have the cards and the spirit mats.  Be aware that these are still being tested, so they might change!

Grinning TricksterPut 2 presence on your starting board: 1 in the highest-numbered land with Dahan, and 1 in land #4.

Burning PlaguePut 3 on your starting board: 1 in the Wetland without Dahan, 1 in the Mountain without Dahan, and 1 in a land with towns/cities. In that final land, also put 1 blight (from the box); this does not destroy or cascade.  1 of your presence starts the game already destroyed.

AdamH

Braithwhite wrote:

Morning everyone!I see no reason to hide the setup- you have the cards and the spirit mats.  Be aware that these are still being tested, so they might change!Grinning Trickster: Put 2 presence on your starting board: 1 in the highest-numbered land with Dahan, and 1 in land #4.Burning Plague: Put 3 on your starting board: 1 in the Wetland without Dahan, 1 in the Mountain without Dahan, and 1 in a land with towns/cities. In that final land, also put 1 blight (from the box); this does not destroy or cascade.  1 of your presence starts the game already destroyed.

this is AWESOME! I'm excited to try these out, and if I make proxies I'll probably share them here. Thanks :-D

GTGAlex
GTGAlex's picture
Admin

Looks like Braithwhite beat me back here! Enjoy!

AdamH
morph147

Braithwhite wrote:

Morning everyone!I see no reason to hide the setup- you have the cards and the spirit mats.  Be aware that these are still being tested, so they might change!Grinning Trickster: Put 2 presence on your starting board: 1 in the highest-numbered land with Dahan, and 1 in land #4.Burning Plague: Put 3 on your starting board: 1 in the Wetland without Dahan, 1 in the Mountain without Dahan, and 1 in a land with towns/cities. In that final land, also put 1 blight (from the box); this does not destroy or cascade.  1 of your presence starts the game already destroyed.

may still be in playtesting but gtg just gained a whole bunch of playtesters on these 2

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Starting with a destroyed presence? So that means Burning Plague has a much shorter growth track overall...

robb8888

With absolutely no disrespect intended to AdamH's generosity, I made a slightly more "cleaned-up" proxy version:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/188RwnB65q45XZSFh9jKZMsJcJxDjUXMp?usp=sharing

AdamH

Oh these look lovely. I've never had much talent in the visual arts (and you even fixed the part on mine where the little numbers below the card tracks weren't right)

robb8888

Thanks!  I hope people get good use out of them!

***IMPORTANT***:  Aaaagh!  I just realized that I forgot perhaps the most important part of Burning Plague's setup instructions:  "You start the game with 1 Presence destroyed."  I've added that, removed the old erroneous version, and updated the download link in the post above.  For various reasons, they're now all TIFs instead of one big PDF, but hopefully that won't make a difference to print-ability.  In case you're just now joining the thread, and have skipped to the bottom, here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/188RwnB65q45XZSFh9jKZMsJcJxDjUXMp?usp=sharing