The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

What variants in the infernal relics expansion you want to see?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
What variants in the infernal relics expansion you want to see?

I know someone will say this already so I will say dark watch setback

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

You can't get DW Setback since Setback isn't in that set.  Sadly him and some other heroes won't be available until Handelabra does season 2 and release Vengeance. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

morph147

Lol I know it's a joke :). 

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Hey, we got him before he was released in the main game.  I see no reason they couldn't unlock him before he was playable in the app too.  I think they should wait until they're a bit closer to Vengance, though.

I'm expecting Beardy Ra, DW Nightmist, and Redeemer Fanatic.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

If you watch the streams you generally get a sneak peak, even when they don't mean to! This week we saw variant buttons on GloomWeaver, Spite, Nghtmist and The Visionary, (big spoilers, don't highlight if you don't want to know) so I would "guess" those are the only ones we are getting.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

Hey, we got him before he was released in the main game.  I see no reason they couldn't unlock him before he was playable in the app too. 

Didn't you know? He's already available on the app.

You just can't see him because his original card isn't available...

wink

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Natediggadoggity

Hmmm, while that's likely true, I'm pulling for one more. Horus Ra and/or Redeemer Fanatic are perfect for the infernal relics expansion, and I'll miss them. :'( And Kvothe could come out any time!

I'm hoping it just means the devs haven't gotten around to throwing in the last variant button, or the art isn't done yet, so wasn't a point.

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

I wonder when Prime Wardens will be included. Wrath of the Cosmos?

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Probably. That's when Captain Cosmic appeared, and when the physical promos came out.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Natediggadoggity

Thinking about the pacing, and actually, 4 sounds about right, if they want to keep the variant pacing as even as possible. (if we include the mini-expansions) 4 for infernal relics, would leave 4 for mini expansion 2 (Eternal Haka, Infinite Scholar, Horus Ra, Redeemer Fanatic), 4-6 in shattered timelines (depending on if they want to save a couple for mini expansion 3), 5 in wrath of the cosmos with all the prime wardens, and then there would 2-4 left for mini expansion 3: Kvothe, Chrono-Ranger best of times, and whomever wasn't in shattered timelines, (or a new un-released one, maybe for guise or skyscraper-released as a reward at the kickstarter for the rpg?)

morph147

I like the Horus ra and nightmist variant. just because how much infernal relics felt like the Ra/nightmist expansion since everything is centered around those two. Also rather see prime wardens come out all at once just for theme purposes. So I would say dark watch nightmist, Horus ra, and something else.  The good part is the number of variants available start increasing as the game advances.