The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

What is your strategy as the villains -- baron blade

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
What is your strategy as the villains -- baron blade

Just curious what people's strategies for different villains so I figure start out with the baron blade scenarios. What powers do you use and everything.

For the first one. my main thing I try and do is teleport as much as much as possible to try and avoid attacks. This strategy though doesn't work well when everyone else is using long range attacks.

havent played 2-3 as much due to the nature of the scenarios so don't have as much of a strategy yet.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

I usually try and determine the biggest threat and choose the power that will be most effective against them at the moment.  Baron Blade really has a solution to almost everything.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

payprplayn

I teleport a lot, too, but not really to run away.  Instead, I tend to leave in Teleporter and Battlesuit and just try to remove scenario markers as fast as possible.  The scenario is basically a race, and your reward for incapacitating heroes isn't as valuable as the actions it costs to do so.  The exception is if I start the turn knowing that I can either get to the next marker with a move action rather than a teleport, or that I won't be going to the next marker this turn anyway, I'll put in kinetic redistributor in place of teleporter in hopes I might get an incap at some point without having to spend actions on attacking.  The way I see it, you just have to live long enough to remove your marker quota.  You can try to achieve this by either living longer, or removing markers faster.  I think the latter is more fun.

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

Also, timely regression bursts and devious disruptors are key too, as baron can wreck any build up or stratagy if you're timing with those two is good.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Oh!  I didn't notice this was for the scenario.  Yeah.  Teleporter and Sabre Battle Suit (with optional others if anyone gets frisky).

morph147

Ha I been doing teleported with kinetic usually but kinetic doesn't usually do more than 1 or 2 dice of attack due to only being able to use the dice that blocked something so they typically get blocked. Been trying to figure out a better card down for it.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

morph147 wrote:

Ha I been doing teleported with kinetic usually but kinetic doesn't usually do more than 1 or 2 dice of attack due to only being able to use the dice that blocked something so they typically get blocked. Been trying to figure out a better card down for it.

Use dodge with Kinetic Redistributor to get the most bang for your buck.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I made a strategy guide a while ago for Baron Blade's scenario, since a lot of new players play it and struggle.  You can find it over here. (bgg)

For a summation always switch a power card to gain defense tokens, never take out battlesuit unless you are incapping everyone and generally switch between teleported and redistributer.