The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

What games are going on your christmas list

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
What games are going on your christmas list

Hey all,

So I am working on my christmas list and I figured I would ask this as a discussion question:

What games are going on your christmas list this year?

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Spirit Island.

...That's it, that's my entire list. c.c

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Do Video Games count too?

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

I’m pushing 40,married with two kids,  with a mortgage and a career.    I’m not allowed to have a Christmas list anymore :(

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

The only game I put on my list was Betrayal at the House on the Hill: Widow's Walk

Everything else was books and comcs, mostly from Amazon, because I can't think of things that I want :/

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

If you're considering Table-top RPGs, then I'm looking to get Deadlands Noir and whatever companion books they have. My one friend borrowed my first copy so he could run a game, but he took it with him when he moved.

I bought my nephew 'Ghost Fightin' Treasure Hunters' for Christmas. He tried it at a local library event, and he really seemed to like it. The game looks great for playing with kids, but still fun for adults to play too. It wone an award in 2014 I think, and it seems to be so popular that they made a 'Ghostbusters' re-skin of the game called 'Ghostbusters: Protect the Barrier'.

'Mysterium' is cool, it plays something like Clue if you were playing it backwards... I'd also like to maybe get Clue. Every game cabinet needs Clue(Or Clue-do, for our friends across the pond). Ah, and while we're talking about classics with a twist, 'Monopoly Gamer' is super fun. And it doesn't make me want to kill the friend I'm playing with...

There's 'Endangerd Orphans of Condyle Cove', 'Dracula's Feast', 'Are You Mental?'... Wish I could give you more suggestions, but lots of what I want is either still on KS,  or hasn't been released yet. :/

morph147

I put scythe, fate of the elder gods, dice forge, roll for the galaxy and a couple marvel legendary expansions on my list.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Blackfang108
Playtester

Having just spent a ton of time working on my Wedding Registry with my Fiancee, I'm at a loss as to what to put on my Xmas list in the first place.

Also, space being a consideration, new board games aren't a thing I'm getting any time soon.

I may put the Lords of Gossamer & Shadow RPG PDF Bundle on my list.

I might add a PS4 game or 2 to my (currently sparse) collection.

Dunno.

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

Widow's Walk was on my list, even before I knew Christopher worked on it. Now it's bumped up. Anything Starfinder in hardcopy, and possibly Villains of the Multiverse, since I don't have it yet.

As far as video games go, I occasionally add stuff to an evergrowing Steam wishlist. It's not organised in any way.

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Blackfang108
Playtester

Did you throw in for Munchkin Starfinder?

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

I didn't, partially because I didn't know it was a thing, and partially because I don't actually like Munchkin all that much

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Blackfang108
Playtester

I'm not a huge Munchkin fan (I used to be), though my Fiancee loves it.

I threw in becasue I love Howard Tayler's art and wanted to support him.