The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #263: A Very 2020 Holidays

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
“Mad Dog”
Weekly One-Shot #263: A Very 2020 Holidays

This might be the first one-shot I completed with all heroes at full hit points.  It was all over before the end of round 5.

Early on, I concentrated on giving Guise lots of extra powers to get lots of gift cards in play.  In fact, by Guise’s turn on round 1, he let Legacy “open” 3 gift cards.  In later rounds Guise let Parse open 4 gift cards and then next round open 5 gift cards himself.

By that time the heroes were fully set up and shut Plague Rat down hard.

Had one surprising result.  Mr. Fixer played “Grease Gun” to cancel out all non-hero damage.  Guise on his turn played “Lemme See That!” (From opening his gift cards), so Guise took “Grease Gun” (not wanting to take Mr. Fixer’s “Pipe Wrench”).  Here’s the neat thing: at the start of Mr. Fixer’s next turn, “Grease Gun” did NOT get discarded, since technically it was in Guise’s play area.  On Guise’s turn “Grease Gun” moved back to Mr. Fixer’s play area.  Net effect: the heroes got two rounds of no damage from one play of “Grease Gun”.  I just sorta accidentally stumbled into this.  After many (many, many, many) games of SotMV, I am still finding new tactics.

Good fun game.  Every hero played their part.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I thought we already had a thread for this! :O

All I remember is that I finished off Plague Rat after unwrapping Guise's presents, because he accidentally stole the Dual Crowbars and was dealing 8->13 at the end of every turn with Blatant Reference. It didn't even matter that Dr. Medico succumbed to his start of turn damage that round, the game was over on his turn. XD

“Mad Dog”

I *thought* it was odd there wasn't a thread about this.  Sorry for duplicating, but I just didn't see the original (still don't actually).

Yeah, Guise stealing "Dual Crowbars" with "Blantant Reference" in play seems awesome or terrible. Its funny how many unexpected combos come up when Guise is on the team.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I think TakeWalker was saying that they thought there was but apparently yours was the first. :-) 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Quite. :D

The problem with Dual Reference (or Blatant Crowbars) is that Guise started murdering everything on the field. (I actually didn't realize he had the combo the first time I fired!) He had to start hitting his friends in order to deal the big hit to Plague Rat! XD

“Mad Dog”

>>> He had to start hitting his friends in order to deal the big hit to Plague Rat! XD

...which you have to admit is a very Guise move.  ;-)

I am SURE Guise is a fan of the Three Stooges.("Why I oughta... [boink!] Nuck, nuck, nuck...")