The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #254: Trick or Treat!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
-metablender
Weekly One-Shot #254: Trick or Treat!

Hey, I'm interjecting myself into this newb's post to remind you that, while not Christmas, the next best holiday has me! The best Hero, Guise! You better make this the best Halloween and use my cards. And dress up as me! I demand pics! Now 'scuse me while me and the others ding-dong ditch on this kooky old spook's hidden temple...

Err, not sure what happened there but I guess I get to start off the Weekly One-Shot thread?

Challenge Trickster Kismet vs Dark Watch Setback, Completionist Guise, Luminary, Mainstay: Road Warrior and Akash'Thyria at The Temple of Zhu Long. With randomized start! How much candy can you get before you're knocked out? Spoilers below.

Mint at 1/18/12/8/8 with swaps to regular Setback, regular Guise and Spirit of the Void Akash.

Practice showed this would require a methodical approach. Rites of Revival will be around in case a Hero is incapacitated, although Challenge Trickster Kismet means you want Hero targets or the Environment to remove your Devices & Seeds, because if Kismet does she will play out more of her deck in a hard hitting loop. Getting reduction out can also help mitigate damage and mind what side Kismet is flipped to when the Jinxes stack up.

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Near Mint after an ouchy first game and a rewind to save the second.

Note to self/others: Kismet damaging the Talisman while in a hero play area and bringing it to 0 counts for her "Play a card when something is destroyed", which means she plays a card with the Talisman in her play area, which means major ouch. If I didn't interrupt her chain of plays from destroying first the Talisman then devices to pick a different target for one of her damage instances, I would have lost the second game as well. As it was, Regression turret and Leader of the Pack kept things from dying once I picked the right target order and the heroes won with ~10 hp left.

~A-Kat

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

The first time I played I got destroyed; Kismet blasted a device, chain-played four Jinxes, blew up three more devices, and things went to hell in a handbasket so fast.

The second time was going okay until the environment killed the talisman, flipped it over to Kismet, and then on her turn she played four Jinxes and hit everyone twice for 8 damage a pop and things fell apart pretty soon after that.

The third game, Mainstay got Kismet in a Headlock right away, I got about ten devices out in a turn and a half and then swapped to Heroic Luminary, and Kismet was dead in about four turns with everyone at 15+ health. 

So swingy.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Third time was the charm! Never thought I'd use something like Leader of the Pack to save non-character targets. Really important to get One With the Land out, too, so Seeds can absorb environment damage before Kismet can get to them. :B

Blackfang108
Playtester

My first try, I had her down to 1 hp at the beginning of her turn.

She then proceeded to take out my entire team who were all at fairly high hp.

If I didn't have that -1 damage jinx on Luminary, I would have won when she popped the first device, because of All According to Plan.

cnranger

I like seeing people minted this one, because Kismet minted us. It wasn't so much a game as watching Kismet playing all but one card of her deck on her first turn and incap all the heroes before they ever got one turn. Brutal and hilarious.

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

cnranger wrote:
I like seeing people minted this one, because Kismet minted us. It wasn't so much a game as watching Kismet playing all but one card of her deck on her first turn and incap all the heroes before they ever got one turn. Brutal and hilarious.

Oof.

F to pay respects.

~A-Kat