The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #251: Collateral Damage

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture
Weekly One-Shot #251: Collateral Damage

Big ol' Brawl in Mordengrade! Villains style Plague Rat, Greazer, Bugbear, Operative, and Miss Information take on Sunset Ra, Bloodmage Lifeline, The Scholar, Chrono-Ranger, and Dr. Medico. Good luck heroes.

Spoilers/Strategy:
Lots of damage flying around here. Ra and Lifeline with AoE base powers start blowing through the threats really fast, but Plague, Bugbear, and Greazer are throwing around damage quickly as well. MI starts with A World Improved and gets it back on her first play (at least in my game) so Ra was double-skipping the first two rounds. Dr. Medico spent most of the game pretty low HP, but he kept everyone else mid teens via healing and Immunization. Scholar played a timely Dont Dismiss Anything into a Alchemical Redirection while he had Flesh to Iron out which helped for a round.

Beyond that, dealing lots of damage ended in a Mint with everyone ~10 hp (except Scholar, because hes Scholar and was at ~ 20). Kill order for me was Bugbear, MI, Greazer, Operative, and finally Plague. I left Plague Rat alive as he was smacking villains as well for me. I didn't remember Operative's flip side hurts Medico's healing pretty hard though, so it might be worth leaving her alive till last instead.

~A-Kat

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I love it when a team one-shot ends up working out pretty well. :) I didn't lose anyone, I had a good time burning things down with Ra (after he was done skipping to save the team). I can't really even complain about those skips, because it left him flush with cards for the various discard effects that cropped up.

Remember that Medico's Regeneration becomes significantly less useful after the Operative goes down. In fact, everything he does is so, so don't rush to get Experimental Medicine out.

Blackfang108
Playtester

I got a mint.  Barely.

Lifeline was around 4 and the Scholar was at ~14.  No one else made it.