The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #246: Citizen Storm

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
gossamerica2
Weekly One-Shot #246: Citizen Storm

Akash'Bhuta threatens the Maerynian Refuge, but PW Tempest, Unity, Hunted Naturalist, and XPW Captain Cosmic come to the defense.

Despite what felt like a slow setup, things went fairly easy for a Mint.  There are some fun interactions here, such as:

* Naturalist with Natural Form's Power (x2), plus Augmented Ally (x2) means lots of power uses and card draws, especially with Primal Charge.  And then he can feed Unity some cards (because it seemed like she took forever to get much going.

* Captan Cosmic, with a lot of constructs in play, using "Play With Madness" -- plus Naturalist's "Predator's Eye" -- from Unity's "Hasty Augmentation" -- wooh, that's a lot of damage.

Just make sure to get a Bee Bot out in case an Entomb drops...

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

With Akash in play, I expect there's going to be a high variance among games. She played a distressingly high number of out-of-turn Entombs.

I ended up losing Tempest because I was playing like an idiot, but this was still a fun and easy Mint.

gossamerica2

More fun: use Into the Stratosphere to stall Akash's deck (but not first turn) ... then use Reclaim from the Deep to do it some more.

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

Got it on my second try. The first try was going well, except that I sacrificed all my other Ongoings to keep the Naturalist active, then right afterwards got to a point where there were two Rockslides in play and a bunch of golems and constructs out. So I dropped Indomitable Force to protect everyone, figuring that between it and Rhino Form being out the Naturalist would be immune.

Cut to Leviathan hopping out to play during the environment's "Start of Turn" thanks to Stormspeaker. At first I thought, "Nice, going to soak that damage too" and then I slowly realized that Leviathan deals irreducible damage and then the Naturalist took 20 damage and died. And then the rockslides killed all the golems and constructs and also killed the Stormspeaker and allowed Akash'Bhuta to play a Primeval Eruption and get out four more limbs and then I lost soon afterwards.