The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot 237 Tiny Tales #2

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
“Mad Dog”
Weekly One Shot 237 Tiny Tales #2

Miss Information is spreading lies in the Final Wasteland.  Luckily, the Scholar of the Infinite, XTREME! Prime Wardens Fanatic, XTREME! Prime Wardens Tempest and XTREME! Prime Wardens Haka are there to shut her down.

Mint with the heroes at 17/21/21/9.

I had no master strategy this first game.  Luckily Miss Information flips fairly quickly (round 5 maybe???), and once she flipped she only lasted a few more rounds (down in round 7 I think).   A few odds and ends that worked well for me (and one mistake):

- The Scholar getting "Flesh to Iron" into play and then after Miss Information flips playing "Alchemical Redirection" one round and "Offensive Transmutation" the next round really cut down on the damage Miss Information sends out when the heroes first attack her every turn;

- XTREME! Fanatic's innate power works really well when Miss Information tries to make every hero hit themselves.  Also, using this innate power one round and then "Sacrosanct Martyr" the next was a lot of fun, as all the self-damage again gets sent to Miss Information;

- XTREME! Tempest played "Into the Stratosphere" when Miss Information had two clue cards out and putting  her "Suspicious Malfunction" back on top of her deck worked out rather well, since it allowed the heroes to destroy the clue cards one at a time over two rounds without "Suspicious Malfunction" ever firing off (and also slowed down Miss Information's deck by making her play the same card two rounds in a row);

- I played XTREME! Tempest's "Gene-Bound Shackles" too early, and lost it on the third (???) round; should have waited until I had Miss Information's ongoing/equipment destruction better under control.

The environment wasn't TOO awful to the heroes, all things considered.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I was very surprised by this one. Surprised I Minted. Surprised I only lost Haka. Surprised his "become a 0 HP target" ability worked against me a few times.

The only real strategy I employed was "play nothing, draw cards". Worked out pretty well. Tempest is really good for controlling the Distractions, at least until the Memo comes out. After Miss Info flipped, I spent a round drawing cards with Ancient Library, then wiped the board with End of Days. Then I started playing cards. :)

Tyrsis
Playtester

Also minted this one despite a few blunders. Mostly applied a similar strategy to Takewalker on the front side, except I had a massive brainfart and killed the first clue which dragged out the pain a little longer than it needed to. 

Flesh to Iron is definitely king on the flip side and once she's flipped the game is a bit more forgiving than many other one shots, especially if you've spent the front side largely drawing cards.