The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot 234 The More You Know

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One Shot 234 The More You Know

Another special edition featuring everyoneks least favourite secretary, Miss Information, vs Parse, Prime Wardens Haka and Young Legacy in the MDP.

Good luck, heroes.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

flamethrower49
Playtester

Mint, 1/10/3. It's always important to try to flip her quickly, so to that end the T1 Buffer Overflow was pretty clutch. That Envoy stayed out a bit, but it felt worthwhile. 

The rest of the game was the usual Miss Information struggle. Parse drew her better cards for the matchup, with Targeting Arrow and Reveal the Flaws doing good work. I chose not to discard them to play more of them at once to Snap Decision, but I could see making another choice there. Haka's cards are bad, but he's a good punching bag, and he can do his share of damage anyway. Motivational Charge was very helpful to keep Parse going.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Mine was 1/10/0, and I made use of Snap Decision a few times. Not sure there was anything I could have done better, I mostly feel like I lucked my way through that fight.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Got my ass kicked in the first try.  That -2 damage to MI is brutal.

Griff's Dad

Mint, with 0/3/0. The last turn Haka used a rampage / Taiaha combination to take her out, but the Rampage collateral damage took Parse down.

I used the T1 Buffer Overflow to get her to flip, then the dual Reveal the Flaws to beat her down. But then things slowed, and the cumulative damage added up. Even with one heroic interception and two ground pounds during the course of the game, I couldn't keep Legacy up.

I didn't make any obvious mistakes in the play, which makes advice other than the what I mentioned above a little difficult to give.

“Mad Dog”

Mint with the heroes at 9/18/1.

Man, I hate villains that pound on the weakest hero.  Was *very* surprised Young Legacy made it through alive.  The only thing that kept her in the game was her last turn she played “Motivational Charge” and used it mainly to heal the heroes, and that gave her the one hit point she needed to stay up.  Now it didn’t matter to the outcome of the game since Haka put Miss Information down the next round, but its a pride thing.  I had Young Legacy play "Heroic Interception" early in the game, and  wonder if that wasn't a good idea, since it cost her 4 hit points and her teammates finished the game much stronger than she was.  But it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Good things that happened:

- Parse played “Buffer Overflow” round 1, and used it on round 2 to keep Miss Information from playing a potentially-bad card and instead play a second “clue” card which caused Miss Information to flip the next round on round 3.  And anything that makes Miss Information flip faster is a good thing.

- Haka (and I) love his “Taiaha”.  He used it to great effect this game.

- Parse’s “Reveal the Flaw” and “Targeting Arrow” cards were really helpful, as was her “Between the Lines” (giving Haka another swing with his Taiaha) that I had forgotten gives irreducible damage.

- the heroes got really lucky when Miss Information played “Diversionary Tactics” and revealed no “Diversion” cards (Whew!).

- the environment could have been MUCH worse for the heroes. It wasn’t great, but not horrible.

For a fight against Miss Information, things could have gone much worse.

flamethrower49
Playtester

Right, Ground Pound and Heroic Interception. I didn't play them, and it seemed like the right call. Ground Pound costs a lot of cards, and doesn't prevent self-inflicted damage, so the clue destruction damage still happens. Heroic Interception probably puts Legacy lowest, so it costs 4 damage to maybe prevent 3 to each of the other two? Every time I analyzed it, it did not seem worthwhile. That's more than a little surprising, with two of the most powerful cards in the game.

bolnerap

Mint at 8/7/0. 

Parse: Turn 1 Buffer Overflow, as others have stated. After that, a steady stream of Reveal the Flaws and/or Targeting Arrow.

Haka: Punch things in the face. Punish the Weak last turn made the difference, because...

Legacy: Dropped on MI's last turn in round 6. If she'd still been standing, MI would have had one more turn, but her allowing Haka to use a power dropped MI to 0 instead of the 1 that Legacy would have dropped her to. (I'd run out of irreducible damage, but after dropping MI to sub-10, I powered through).

Never saw Rampage, only saw Motivational Charge when it was really too late for it to matter.

TL;DR flipped her as soon as reasonably possible thanks to Buffer Overflow, then focused on damage until I won.

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Interesting that I apparently had a very different game from most above. Ended up with a mint at something like 0/15/3.

First turn Buffer into a 2nd turn clue rather than Missing Resources was super good, as above. But from there, I forgot that it was Advanced and she had 2 DR and discarded the Reveal the Flaws. Once I realized that, I knew I was in for a slog so I tried to turtle up as much as I could.

Haka got Ta Moko and Legacy Fortitude fairly early, and I used Legacy's Motivational Charge every chance I could. This still led Parse to becoming lowest HP though, and with the nemesis bonus she dropped fairly quickly. My plan from there was to just blow through her DR with one big Haka of Battle hit, so I focused on keeping Haka up and fed with cards.

Eventually Haka got out a Savage Mana and started eating the environment targets and the Diplomat. Legacy was slowly sinking down in HP but with 2 dominions out Haka got enough cards for a big All-You-Can-Eat blowout for ~30 damage.

~A-Kat

-metablender

Two losses for me, so no Completionist Guise this week. I feel like I am unable to priotize when to use each of Parse's Irreducible or damage increasing cards to get enough damage down on Miss Information when she's revealed. That and keeping the environment in check and/or finding enough damage reduction to keep the Heroes alive long enough to not have a party wipe by the 5th or 6th turn. The more incapacitated, the harder it is to keep vital Ongoings and Equipments on the field.