The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot 233 out early?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Escher
Weekly One Shot 233 out early?

Okay, what the heck happened here?  One Shot 232 "Red vs Blue" says it "ended 5/31", which is the wrong day anyway as it should be Tuesday, not Sunday, but it's not even Sunday yet and it's already marked as closed?  I was planning to do it today and it's already gone!

I mean I guess I understand if they wanted to push the Injustice thing relative to the BLM protests but I'm a little grumpy that I've now missed my cover for 232.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

MigrantP said over on the Reddit they're going to rerun it on Tuesday, FWIW.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Studoku

Jeysie wrote:
MigrantP said over on the Reddit they're going to rerun it on Tuesday, FWIW.

Which they've done before- the Heroes Stay Home series did this.

The PayneTrayne
Playtester

Darn, which I had checked sooner. I just finished it in one go. I don't suppose they have a way of tracking that and retconing the condition?

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Weekly One-Shot #233 has been released early, preempting the previous issue. "Red vs. Blue" will return to complete its run later.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

bolnerap

Weekly One-Shot #233: We Stand Against Injustice

Hunted Naturalist, Freedom Six Bunker, Mr. Fixer, Fugue State Parse, and Benchmark vs. Iron Legacy in Fort Adamant

Mint at 0/5/16/10/19. Finished up on Benchmark's second turn. 

Given the setup and the initial hands, I focused on Ongoing destruction round 1 and burned him down in round 2. Had just enough damage in hand to get it done, though Countermeasures would have popped him before he healed on his flip side anyway. Which would have been a fun way to finish, come to think of it, but I didn't want to mess around.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

You burned him down? How? He puts out so much damage that even after I dropped his ongoings, I didn't last more than another round. D:

The PayneTrayne
Playtester

First round was spent destroying his Vigilance and damage boosters, second round I focused fire on him. I used cards to either boost damage or throw damage.

flamethrower49
Playtester

Mint, something like 0/5/8/11/14, ending on Bunker's third turn. It's possible to almost script the game from go with Hyperactive Senses. Heroes start with enough ongoing destruction to take out all three destructible ones, and after that, it's pretty straightforward. Don't get confused and think the EMP cannon will help. Legacy is immune to environment damage.

Oh, and Black Lives Matter!

-metablender

Mint at 1 / 0 / 4 / 1 / 9 at the end of Benchmark's second turn.

Would have been higher I'm sure if I had destroyed Demoralizing Presence in the first round, after other Ongoing destruction. I thought I might use the self damage on Mr. Fixer with his Dual Crowbars. But you want to destroy as many of Iron Legacy's damage boosts as you can or you won't survive. Vigilance is a nasty opening play, although given what I found Iron Legacy had in store the first round you might want to use The Naturalist's Hyperactive Senses on the first turn to mitigate Iron Legacy's deck.

The first use of Parse's power set up a Targeting Arrow for the next round. That and The Naturalist's Predator's Eye helped knock Iron Legacy down from just over 20 hp. Benchmark clenches it with mutliple instances of damage with Fly-By and Shunt Energy. You can save both Fly-Bys for the second round if you want, although I played one each turn.

Living in Minnesota, I see the front lines of the unrest at George Fllyod's death every day on the news. My heart goes out to everyone wanting to stand up to the injustice and those affected by the aftermath. I appreciate how even these weekly challenges can bring focus to what is important, from the Covid-19 challenges to this week's. Iron Legacy is subtlely fitting as the villain, as his fall from grace in another timeline is representive of the corrupted American ideals compred to what values Heroic Legacy represents, much like the injustices in our country that have reached this breaking point. We may not have super heroes in real life but we do have people and everyday heroes to join the fight for a better future.

gossamerica2

flamethrower49 wrote:
Don't get confused and think the EMP cannon will help. Legacy is immune to environment damage.
Oh, and Black Lives Matter!

But the EMP cannon makes a great first target for Dual Crowbars! And if Parse put "Between the Lines" on the bottom of her deck 1st round, Mr. Fixer can pound the EMP three times.

Before I learned that this was up early, I thought for certain that this week's issue would have a theme, and I was right. They really hit the nail on the head with this theme. Iron Legacy can be monstrously difficult, but he can be defeated with the right team and the right setup (like this scenario). If only we could find ways to defeat the issues being represented here...

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Also, by the time I was able to actually use the Cannon, it had 2 HP and self-destructed. :P

Trajector
Trajector's picture

gossamerica2 wrote:
Iron Legacy can be monstrously difficult, but he can be defeated with the right team and the right setup (like this scenario).

For sure. My first play, Iron Legacy beat me *hard.* Second time, though, I remembered to use Naturalist's power to play Hyperactive Senses, to use Bunker's power to destroy ongoings, to deploy the Threat Neutralizer immediately, and to carefully pick any incap abilities if he was going to finish anyone off. Then I hit him with every damage boost I could and Alternating Tiger Claw.

Now if only it was that easy in real life.