The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot 226 Suicide Squad

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One Shot 226 Suicide Squad

Team battle: Plague Rat, Friction, Greazer and Citizens Hammer and Anvil vs the Adamant Sentinels, Termi-Nation Bunker, Rogue Agent K.N.Y.F.E. and Visionary Unleashed in the Court of Blood.

Good luck, heroes.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Luck indeed! :B

First game, I took out Greazer right quick, because being KNYFE's nemesis is one of the classic blunders. Unfortunately, this led to a slow, painful slide into rat-induced failure over the next several turns.

So next time, I focused on Plague Rat. And it took some doing, Bastion and all, but eventually KNYFE died, so Greazer was already taken care of. Then I took out Plague Rat on Greazer's turn thanks to Sentinel Tactics. I also took out Friction on Greazer's turn when she was the only villain left and had 1 HP. XD So it was quite the weird game.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Uh, shouldn't that be "Shmuicide Shmad"? ;-) 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

I used Blackouts on the Rat when there were no handlers. He really tore through the villains with that. Lost te Idealist, and everyone else was low single digits, but a win in a win. Order was Anvil (because Bastion was played), Greazer, Hammer, Friction/Plague Rat in the last turn. The environment was a complete non event.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

You can avoid Bastion if you have KNYFE use the discard of Wrecking Uppercut on Anvil and Hammer round one.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Oh duh, why didn't I think of that? XD

Just don't do what I did first game and have KNYFE take out most of her teammates late in the game. <.<

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

It's not something you'd know until a second playthrough but it helps a lot to avoid it. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

redsweater

While we're at it, it's worth knowing that Visionary has Twist the Ether on the bottom of her deck, which is great for using on Plague Rat.

“Mad Dog”

With this one-shot having the title "Suicide Squad" you just knew that Plague Rat was going to cause trouble for the villain team.  I think he did more damage to the villains than the heroes did.

Very fast game, with all heroes still standing at around 10 hit points.  Key plays were getting "Twist the Ether" on Plague Rat as redsweater mentioned, and on the final round being VERY careful on Plague Rat's turn to order his attacks to do minimal damage to heroes and maximal damage to villains.  Managed to have the heroes get through the turn unscratched while the villains were just torn apart.

flamethrower49
Playtester

Mint at 3-1-1-0/6/0/9. Mainstay and KNYFE were down. An exceedingly quick and brutal game, ending on Bunker's third turn. Plague Rat does most of the work, especially with Writhe's significant help. Definitely try to think through the order of the Rat's attacks, especially turn one. Kill Order was Anvil (Bastion), then Greazer (when Plague Rat got KNYFE), then Anvil again and the Rat (second Blackout), then Hammer and Friction with some fancy modulating from Bunker.

I did not make use of Wrecking Bastion or Infiltrating Twist the Ether, but both of those seem like they would go a long way towards an easier victory.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Boy, knowing about both of those moves makes for much more satisfying, not to mention easy, game! :D

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Near Mint after a very close first game. Just couldn't out damage the rat with just the Sentinels left (and with 2 of them down as well). Second game went better and finished with everyone up.
I actually went a different route than most here seem to have taken. First round, with no handlers in play, I didn't want Plauge Rat to hit the heroes really hard so I used Visionary's Look at the Deck card to put a handler on top. Using Writhe to make him hit every villain first was fun though.

~A-Kat