The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot 216 To Hope For the Dawn

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One Shot 216 To Hope For the Dawn

Advanced Citizen Dawn in her ho e of Insular Primalis, vs Expatriette, Best of Times Chrono-Ranger, La Comodora and Mr Fixer.

Good luck, heroes

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Boy, they really pile the damage on with this one. Advanced Dawn gives the villain targets extra damage. Chrono-Ranger can get his damage booster out right quick. And then Obsidian Field shows up and I start thinking that maybe Driving Mantis wasn't the most useful play. :B But I through first try, only losing Expat, and that's probably thanks to nemesis damage.

“Mad Dog”

Got my "Mint" with the heroes at 11/7/10/6.

I was getting set up for a longer game (Chrono-Ranger and La Comodora in particular) but I think after the second round I realized this was going to be a much more damaging and fast game.  After that the heroes just switched to "all damage all the time" mode and knocked Citizen Dawn out before the end of round 4.

Every hero was pretty much a heavy-hitter this game.  La Comodora might have earned MVP status with "Rudder in the Timestream" to move citizens out of Dawn's trash so that "Return With the Dawn" couldn't bring them back out again.  I originally got La Comodora set up this way to make sure Dawn wouldn't flip.  In hindsight I realize it was cute that I thought this game would last long enough to have to worry about that.  I'm not sure if 5 citizens ever got into play this game.

"Insula Primalis" was NOT the heroes' friend this game.  These heroes will be glad when they can leave that land.

bolnerap

Mint on La Comodora's third turn, final HP 10 - 12 - 9 - 7.

Popped Assault round 1, got By Any Means out, and pretty much focus-fired Dawn from there. With nemesis bonus, By Any Means, Bloody Knuckles, Dual Crowbars, and Obsidian Field available, Dawn melted down. Got 18 damage off La Comodora's third play phase alone; the cannons got to hold their fire.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Mint with everyone reaching for the asprin. 

I popped both copies of Return with the Dawn, and then went to town on everything that wasn't Autumn.

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

Near Mint. I thought the first game might have Dawn flip early, so I didn't take out the Return to Dawns as fast as I should have before realizing that was not going to be the problem. Still almost beat her, but got just barely outdamaged on the last turn.

It really is just pile on the pain in this game. Everyone chips in on this one and all the damage boosts add up fast.