The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot 211 Decade’s End

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One-Shot 211 Decade’s End

Omnitron invades the Wagner Mars Base for new year’s confronting Super Sonic Tachyon, Redeemer Fanatic, Freedom Five Legacy, Termi-Nation Bunker and X-Treme Prime Waredns Haka.

Omnitron starts off with Flechettes and then Tech Singularity, so don’t get too attached to your stuff. But fairly easy mint nonetheless.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I think the worst thing that happened to me was losing Absolution to that Singularity. It wasn't even that bad, since I got it back later with Pervasive Red Dust.

This really wasn't bad at all, though it seemed to take a while. Inspiring Presence doesn't show up until way late. Also, I put Self-Destruct Sequence on the bottom of the deck and then started panicking; if it comes out and it's the last card in the environment deck, does it get no other cards below it and instantly end the game?

gossamerica2

Flechettes come before the heroes can play, and if you wait a typurn before playing any equipment, singularity is no problem.  While heroes don't necessarily get cards you would normally want (HUD goggles, Pushing the Limits, Inspiring Presence), Omni doesn't present much challenge.  Tachyon's power doesn't pay off immediately on anybody, but will eventually for Legacy, but using it on herself is best.

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

Pretty straightforward, and as noted, don't play equipment on turn 1. My plan was to to play one-shots and ongoing as much as possible, but once Technological Singularity came out on turn 2, I figured it was as a good a time as any to use equipment. Bunker used his base power all game to draw lots of cards and keep the environment quiet. Legacy helped Bunker get ahead of his own card destruction, so there was lots of damage to go around. I only saw Self-Destruct on the last turn, and Omnitron destroyed it with Terraforming. Omnitron and his last drone went down at the same time as Fanatic played a Holy Nova to clear the board.