The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot 210 #whamageddon

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One Shot 210 #whamageddon

Challenge Ennead (Every card has all three symbols) vs Termi-Nation Absolute Zero, Setting Son Ra, Freedom Five Wraith and Luminary in the Enclave of the Endlings.

See you all in Whamhalla, heroes.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I keep losing to Desert's Wrath. ._. I don't know what I can do better, other than prioritize the card destruction Doomsday Device instead of the Orbital Laser.

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

A fairly straightforward mint. Ra blasting each round and every round, Wraith using Infrared Eyepiece to stop any other members of the Enead from rising and then everyone else to add in whatever damage they could. I should have used Luminary's Sabre Battle Drones second ability all the time- the drones don't last long on their own anyway. The environment was a mixed bag- it hit the villains for the first few turns, but then targeted the heroes for the last few turns.

I think the game was 4 turns. Whamageddon comes on fast. Ra ended the game with 1 health and everyone else in the teens.

bolnerap

Mint with Luminary at 7 HP and everyone else incapacitated.

I, uh, clearly made different decisions than QuirkyDM; Absolute Zero was only able to do much of anything on one turn and Luminary spent multiple turns not being able to do anything late in the game, as his base power kept whiffing. (I did have him destroy several drones with Battle Sabers, which I always aimed at Nuit.) Wraith never did much damage because she was too busy using the Eyepiece and preventing more Ennead from coming out. Urdid and Gruum split damage among us and the villains. Near the end, Bloogo saved Ra for a round, allowing me to get one more burst of damage from him, and then when Slamara hit, everyone went down except Luminary and Isis, who was protected by Bloogo. Unfortunately for her, Ra's incap ability destroyed Isis, bypassing the 8 HP Bloogo.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Infrared Eyepiece was the deciding factor. I feel dumb not having utilized it sooner. I still lost AZ, but that's fine, the game finished up the round after and I only saw one extra Ennead member (it was better than losing all my Equipment).

gossamerica2

Despite a boneheaded mistake (playing "imbued fire", and the destroying it instead of attacking), a mint by the skin of my teeth.  Only Wraith left with 6 hp, Ra's incap destroyed the last 2 Ennead.

yayeahyeah

Mint by the skin of my teeth - Luminary ended up on 2, everyone else incapped. Combination of Zero with both modules and his power active, Wraith with smoke bombs, Luminary with a ton of devices on joint lowest HPs and a villain dealing fire damage made this one super fun. At one point I unloaded on most of the Ennead, then brilliantly used Thermal Shockwave and hit myself for 67. Oops. Thankfully, Ra's incap took one of the remaining 2 from 12 to 2, and Luminary finished off him and the other one to barely win.

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Mint with everyone low but up. I dont remember exactly but it was something like 2/1/6/9

For some reason, I obsessed with not putting a villain card in the trash as it had all 3 symbols. Combined with thinking that Infra-Red Eyepiece discarded the other card (as if it wasn't already strong enough), I actually avoided using it all game. Things worked out well enough anyway. I never saw a Desert's Wrath (dunno why or why not) but I did see several incarnations of Immutus and Bloogo. Using some of what I called "Creative Accounting", I managed to use Violent Shivers or Blaze of Glory without killing AZ or Ra respectively. VS when AZ was the next lowest hp target meant Bloogo would attach to him and save him from the increased damage taken. Using BoG with Bloogo already on Ra or with Immutus out meant he wasn't damaging himself while still hitting all the Ennead hard.

I still was getting worried by the end as Shu came out and AZ and Ra were both really low. I managed to finagle my way through without losing either due to the above shenanigans or Smoke Bombs, and by then Luminary had a charged up Death Laser and pew-pewed Shu into the afterlife for the win.

~Komori

“Mad Dog”

That... wasn’t as bad as I expected.

For some reason, I thought at the “Challenge” level the Ennead automatically played a new god every villain turn.  But I guess not.  Need to re-read that.

The whole game was over in four rounds.  Felt like I was making slow but steady progress, but thought things would take a lot longer and was sure I was going to lose Ra.  But all of a sudden on the fourth round the heroes took down all four Ennead members, which was quite a surprise to me.

Absolute Zero did not contribute too much this game.  He was just getting set up to do some interesting things when the game was suddenly over.

Ra the Burninator did one thing, and did it well: BURN BABY BURN!  He did the bulk of the damage to all the Ennead members (17 points of damage over 4 turns, thanks to “the Staff of Ra” which was out all game and “Imbued Fire” which was played and destroyed in one turn). I think he is as surprised as I am that he is still standing at the end of this match.

Wraith didn’t get completely set up, but her wonderful “Infrared Eyepiece” let the heroes dodge two cards that would have played another Ennead member.  Right there was a major contribution to the team.

Surprisingly Luminary pulled a killer goal-line defense (am I using the right sports analogy?) and took down three of the Ennead on his last turn (and I just bet its gonna go to his head).  He used “Explosive Reconstructor” I think for the first time in any of my games, and got a host of devices into play.  Most importantly three “Sabre Battle Drones” and lots of devices to fuel each of them.  This let Luminary take down Osiris, Tefuit and Isis before the end of his turn.  Did not see that one coming.

Environment was mostly damaging to the heroes.  But given that there were only three environment turns, it could have been much, much worse.

19/1/12/14

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Playing new gods every turn is the advanced rule. I know I forgot that myself, going into this one. XD