The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot 209 S-tier

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One Shot 209 S-tier

Ultimate Spite Agent of Gloom invades the Maerynian Refuge, fighting Action Hero Stuntman, Freedom Six (Team Leader) Tachyon, Hunted Naturalist, Greatest Legacy and Tempest. And as it’s ultimate, after you beat his walking corpse, you have to defeat Skinwalker GloomWeaver as well.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Blackfang108
Playtester

*taps easy button*

I spent more time getting set up before the "no setup for you" drug came out than I did killing either of them.

Gloomweaver did exactly 4 damage when he flipped.  On his second turn, which triggered 3 different reactions from Stuntman, while RGGloomy was at 2hp.

It did not end well for him.

I did have a glitch and the Hunted Naturalist's power wasn't granting him his additional form effects. I think it started happening after Spinte went down and Gloomy started.  Didn't have an effect on the outcome, but still annoying.

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Easy Mint goodness. I spent way longer than was really necessary getting setup on Spite. Between Hypersonic Assault and Naturalist tanking with Indomitable Rhino Hide, I was taking no damage most rounds. Legacy healed with Motivational and bouncing Inspiring Presence, then Tempest got out Downpour. 

I decided it was time to end Spite and went on a Stuntman Blitz. Spite dropped, and Gloomweaver followed soon after due to the massive amount of setup I had done. I could have healed back up to a perfect game if I had wanted to, but everyone near 20hp was good enough :)

Only issue I had was trying to set up Lightspeed Barrages on Tachyon against Spite. Between discarding on power usage and drawing extra cards from the Sidekick, I kept shuffling the trash before I was ready. 

~Komori 

Melkhor

I got the exact same bug with the Naturalist. After Spite morphed into Gloomy, Naturalist's power stopped granting him the additional form effects. Odd and annoying, but no effect on the result, which was an easy mint.

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Melkhor wrote:
I got the exact same bug with the Naturalist. After Spite morphed into Gloomy, Naturalist's power stopped granting him the additional form effects. Odd and annoying, but no effect on the result, which was an easy mint.

+1

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Shoot, I never finished last week's one-shot and totally forgot about this week's! :B

bolnerap

Pretty similar to Komori above, I noticed Naturalist could start mega-tanking right away and did so. Putzed around against Spite getting as set up as I wanted to while chipping away at him, then ended him on Tempest's turn while Legacy had Take Down in play and Tachyon had a couple of Synaptic Interruptions out. Gloomweaver came in, couldn't play a card, whiffed at Tachyon, then we got two full rounds of unloading on him because I dropped In Medias Res during the environment turn.

He did not survive those two rounds. Mint at full HP.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Has anyone reported the bug? I don't want to flood John with bug reports, but I want to make sure at least someone has sent it in. It seemed like the issue was Naturalist's base power stopped providing forms after Spite went down.

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

TakeWalker wrote:
Has anyone reported the bug? I don't want to flood John with bug reports, but I want to make sure at least someone has sent it in. It seemed like the issue was Naturalist's base power stopped providing forms after Spite went down.

It was reported and John is aware of it. A workaround he suggested for now is exiting and rejoining the game.

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

Also an easy mint for me and I also had the Naturalist bug after Gloomweaver came in.

Naturalist tanked from turn 1 and never looked back, absorbing all damage for the rest of the game. Legacy used his base power to give Naturalist a power use so he would have all animal forms available every turn, but it was not necessary. Moving Target on Stuntman meant he got to use all his powers on both Spite's turn and on Stuntman's turn. I should have sent Legacy's power use over to Stuntman once Moving Target came out. Tempest put out Genetic Shackles, Local Hurricane and Vicious Cyclone to do lots of damage himself. Shielding Winds also came out to really make Naturalist invulnerable.

When Gloomweaver came out, Stuntman used Ambuscade to play In Media Res and Gloomweaver's first turn got skipped. Legacy played Takedown on the first turn. During Gloomweaver's actual first turn, Stuntman's Moving Target flipped Gloomweaver over and destroyed the Pouch of Bones. Tachyon had three fully charged Light Speed Barrages saved up and Gloomweaver came out of the ground only to be pounded back without a chance to do anything.

wite_c83
wite_c83's picture

Mint and add another one for the Naturalist bug.

I played a practice game before Minting the actual One-Shot (thought I mistakenly did Challenge mode instead of Ultimate mode) and had the bug happen then too. I tried another game after finishing the One-Shot on Ultimate mode to test the bug and it did occur again.

The thing I would add is that in the One-Shot and final game (I can't remember if this happend during the first game) it worked correctly during the Spite portion, stopped when the Skinwalker took over, then started working again after Gloomy flipped.

New player, please help.

gossamerica2

Found another bug on a re-play.  When I took Spite down and he changed to Gloomweaver, it froze for a long time (with Spite's cards still there).  I closed it and re-opened it, and it skipped giving Gloomweaver his Pouch of Bones.  Not that it would have mattered much, he went down fast and hard.