The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot 202 This is Gloomweaving

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One Shot 202 This is Gloomweaving

Just in time for All Hallows Eve, GloomWeavwr invades Madamme Mittermeirs. Super Sentai Idealist, Benchmark, Harpy and Unity stand against him.

Have a spooky time, heroes.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Griff's Dad

Ouch. Mint, with everyone around 5, which they dropped to quickly before things stabilized.

Idealist brought out the Robot instead of the Floaty Head, which made it hard to contain the environment. What finally kept me from dying was a combination of Applied Numerology, StealthBot, and the Maze of Mirrors. All the environment cards that make you shoot yourself stopped hurting me and Maze of Mirrors kept most of Gloomy's stuff off of me. I finally did get Floaty Head out which let me kill the environment cards that did more damage.

But while I was able to whittle Gloomweaver down slowly (since I could only hit him on a second hit after the mirrors redirected the first hit), I won because the environment (Carousel of Horror) eventually discarded all three of his relics into the trash. He had about 30 hp at the time.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

The environment really gets out of control in this one, but I still Minted with everyone standing. Though not by much! I think sucking Monster of Id under Idealist's character card was a good idea that I probably should have done sooner. :B

Blackfang108
Playtester

Mint with everyone but Idealist above 10.  Win by punching.

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Near Mint after a close game, MMFFCC got too out of control the first game. I was just damage racing Gloom and had him down to 14 and 2 relics discarded via Carousel of Horror, but couldn't survive the damage being thrown around with Unstable Midway and You Won't Believe Your Eyes and Gone without a Trace. 

Second game I focused on a slower, control the environment game and ended by beating Gloom down with everyone low teens and 2 relics in the trash. Getting the Cat instead of the Robot out first really helped. 

~Komori

Bigbywolfe

I screwed up royally but still got a Mint. Everyone dead but Benchmark. Freak Show prevented Benchmark from hurting anyone, including himself. Paired with self damage from the Environment and Maze of Mirrors redirecting damage to its source Gloomweaver and his minions beat themselves up for most of his health while I used Incap abilities to heal up Benchy and thin out the environment.

Weird game. It felt like a very Setback way to win...

Escher

This is a very easy game if you use that starting Conceptualize to get a Floaty Cat Head and just focus on having Idealist keep control of the environment, practically ignoring her innate power.  If you don't, it's a real beating...