The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot #185: Battle of the Beards

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
gossamerica2
Weekly One Shot #185: Battle of the Beards

In this fur-flung adventure to the pilose past, 5 hirsute heroes assemble to try to trim Baron Blade's scruffy schemes.  Set in shaggy old Silver Gulch (presumably because Insula Primalis lacks any wooly mammoths), the fuzzy fivesome of Ra (Horus), Mr. Fixer, Captain Cosmic, the Scholar, and Mainstay (Void Guard) attempt to depilate the villous villain. 

I won't beat around the bush, this one shot was neither hairy nor a close shave.  These piliferous powerhouses gave their flocculent foe a beat-down(y), turning the bewhiskered baron into a lanate loser..  Easy mint with the pileous protaganosts at 26/20/19/21/18 HP respectively.  Though that may be due to the power of my own bristly beard; those gamers who are more glabrous may find it more challenging.

EDIT: So sad that nobody enjoyed my write-up enough to comment on it.  I literally slaved for minutes with dictionary.com and its thesaurus equivalent to come up my best Stan Lee impersonation...

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

This was the funnest one-shot in quite some time. :D Just the setup is hilarious, but I had a good time playing it too.

Won thanks to Imbued Fire, Bloody Knuckles and Mr. Fixer hitting himself for 3 (make that 9!) to beat the living daylights out of Blade.

robb8888

Yep.  Just a fun one-shot.  I had so much fun that I was tempted to pit the Hirsute Heroes against a random villain/environment...until I realized that between them they have very little ongoing or environment destruction.  Am I wrong, or is Mainstay the only one that can destroy ongoings/environment cards? 

gossamerica2

I believe you're right, with the possible exception of incapacitated abilities.  Could be a problem.

It was nice to have a one-shot that was quick and fun, and I've played through a few times.  Mr. Fixer sure does like it when Captain Cosmic gives him a fancy energy sword to play with...

BrianleWolfhunt
Playtester

It's kinda funny how ongoing and environment destruction have become so common that we are surprised when we realize a hero doesn't have access to it.

Missingno
Missingno's picture

gossamerica2 wrote:
I believe you're right, with the possible exception of incapacitated abilities.  Could be a problem.
It was nice to have a one-shot that was quick and fun, and I've played through a few times.  Mr. Fixer sure does like it when Captain Cosmic gives him a fancy energy sword to play with...

Fixer with an energy sword is basically DW fixer but without the setup destruction.

I'll put things in here later.

gossamerica2

Missingno wrote:

Fixer with an energy sword is basically DW fixer but without the setup destruction.

But Cosmic Weapon plus Overdrive lets him pound things three times in a turn, which is fun.

FearLord

A fairly relaxing mint after the last couple of weeks!