The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot #182: A True Hero in the End

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Marcjt91
Weekly One Shot #182: A True Hero in the End

Heroic Infinitor in the Enclave of the Endlings vs Captain Cosmic, Dr Medico, Skyscraper and Idealist.

Well that was a close one. 

Expected it to be a slog but I managed damage reduction, healing and damage redirection pretty well, for the most part, to get all of the manifestations under Infinitor. Well. All of them but 1 with 1 turn needed to win the game. The last manifestation sitting at 1hp, the target with the lowest HP in the game. And then THAT enviroment card came out and everything went to hell. Infinitor killed both himself and Cosmic, and flipped. Having never experienced the other side of Heroic Infinitor before I figured the game was over and might aswell just quit and try again. But decided to carry on regardless. 

I never realised how good Dr Medico was until this game. Both him and Idealist were integral in me pulling off a win from the brink of defeat, and getting that Mint.

Be prepared for a slog. 

Missingno
Missingno's picture

Casual reminder that the eyeballs do NOTHING in this fight since the manifestations technically are not destroied.  Make them your bottom priority in this fight.

I'll put things in here later.

gossamerica2

I tried a practice game, and had a similar thing happen, $*@&#! Bloogoo...  Infinitor flipped, but with Dr M set up, and an I capped Cosmic giving him extra plays (and I capped Idealist returning Regeneration to him), he had no trouble keeping himself and Skyscraper going (flipped side may have been easier than front...).  Still a slog, but a win.  Maybe one more practice before the real thing.... 

Oh, yeah, on his front side, don’t forget that Compulsion Canister and Catch a Ride can help Infinitor finish off manifestations...

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Oh yes, geez, Bloogo stole my victory from me. D: I still managed a Mint, but I couldn't tell you how. Like Missingno said, this was really about Medico's ridiculous healing and Idealist's ridiculous damage. After I lost Captain Cosmic, I just decided to let Infinitor flip himself, which ended up being a good idea since he had most of his deck under himself and that heals the heroes. I've only fought flipped Heroic Infinitor like once since he was introduced to the digital game, so I had no idea what I was doing. But I just sort of trangled on through to a win; even after losing Experimental Medicine to Thorathian Monolith (oops! I didn't see another until the last round of the game), nothing did enough damage to really be worrisome, and Idealist was always ready to counter any actual threat.

Also Sky-Scraper was there. :B

Griff's Dad

Straightforward Mint. 3/11/14/12. Used Dr. Medico to keep everyone healthy and pump them back up and Thorathian Monolith (x2) and Immunization (x2) to keep people safe until Infinitor exhausted his deck. Then he gets into that cycle of playing his one shots again and again and that took out the manifestations. Never saw Bloogo.

scifantasy
scifantasy's picture

I was all set to lose, but then all of Infy's manifestations were on the table and he wiped them all out with a set of plays. Idealist barely survived the deluge. 0/0/0/3 Mint.

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Mint with (Infinitor) 5/0/3/5/4 I think.

Pretty much as above, just toodled along waiting for Infinitor to be able to Infinitor his deck out of manifestations, then get them all under him. 2 turns of Immunization, followed by 2 turns of Thorian Monolith and Cosmic Crest to tank the energy damage meant everyone was still around 20 by round 5. Got to the point the last card in the deck was a manifestation, so that came out first, and he proceeded to wipe the board of low hp manifestations. However, the one survived, and then it was BLOOGO TO THE RESCUE!!! and plunked himself right on the last manifestation. >.<

2 turns of Infinitor Infinitoring and dealing 2 damage per card to heroes, I barely survived down to the above hp before he finally punched the last one down.

~Komori

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

Another one who managed it without Bloogo appearing.

In the early game, I used Medico to protect Infinitor and heal people up, while I beat on the manifestations. I got an Energy Bracer on Sky-Scraper, and had her stay normal Turn 1 for the extra card draw (even wasted Rest and Recover on her) which got me two Thorathian Monoliths. Saved the second one for the moment Infinitor's deck emptied, and then when he pushed through his whole deck, all the hero-focused damage flicked over to Sky-Scraper and did nothing. 

Easy mint! 

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

Mint, not so easy.

My first plan was to get Captain Cosmic using a Dynamic Siphon to trigger Idealist's Flying Stabby Knives on Infinitor's turn when he would attack everything and then Infinitor could finish them off. That didn't happen.

I don't have the log to prove it, but it also seemed like while Infinitor was a hero target, he was not a hero character card as Medico's Immunization did not affect him, which was bothersome.

In the end, I did what everyone else did- tank damage with constructs, Thorathian Monolith and Immunization. (though I really screwed up on Immunization by having characters immune to damage or doing it while they were still protected by Thorathian Monolith) Idealist's only job was getting rid of environment cards. I think this is the key to making sure Bloogo doesn't come out and ruin your day, as I never saw him.

In the end, Infinitor went on a massive rampage once all the manifestations were out and took out Captain Cosmic and Medico. This turned out to be a good thing, honestly. Next turn, Rest and Recover brought back Thorathian Monolith which protected Idealist, Skyscraper and most importantly, Infinitor. Infinitor went on another rampage. Without any Constructs or low hit point environment targets, the card which heals all the Manifestations when something is destroyed was never activated and all the manifestations got destroyed instead.

scifantasy
scifantasy's picture

I don't have the log to prove it, but it also seemed like while Infinitor was a hero target, he was not a hero character card as Medico's Immunization did not affect him, which was bothersome.

I saw the same thing.

payprplayn

How did people deal with him healing all his manifestations at the start of most of his turns?  I can't seem to get anything under him.

Edit: nvm, I got it.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

scifantasy wrote:
I saw the same thing.

That’s expected. Infinitor is a villain character card still and not a hero character card which immunization specifies. If Immunization hit all hero targets by default then it would work.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Missingno
Missingno's picture

After putzing about on this one, mint at 0/7/3/10/16.

Everything was going fine, if slow.  Everyone was tanking pretty well between SkySky's DR and Cosmic's/Medico's immunities.  Got plenty of time for Idealist to set up (she drew lots of cards while on enviorment duty) and even drew nicely on SkySky.  And then the deck exploded, everyone was at like 7, and Nigel turned into OblivAeon.  I thought I was up poop creek at that point, but Medico is a godlike healer with some syphon support.  Got everyone to last just long enough while the Idealist tore into the construct (hint, stuff as many Augmented Ally cards on her as you can, she loves them) with all she could throw.  Took out that 90 HP pretty quickly.

Also since nobody's mentioning it, Bloogo comes out after Groom.

I'll put things in here later.

bolnerap

Mint with everyone in the teens except Infinitor at 24 (I sent some unnecessary healing his way near the end). Only one Manifestation survived Infinitor's first "play all my one-shots" turn, which meant I saw Bloogo, but it didn't matter because a Construct also had the same HP that the Manifestation did. (I ignored the Manifestation because it was at 2 HP and I knew the chain of one-shots would kill it.)

Early card draw on Sky-Scraper (via Medico letting her use a power off-turn) led to two early Monoliths, one of which got us through his first megaturn and one of which got us through an earlier turn with too many manifestations to deal with. Also, Cosmic Crest did *work* - Captain Cosmic was regularly the highest HP hero and nulled all the energy damage headed his way, plus the Reapers couldn't one-shot Constructs. To aid that, I also focused down a Reaper early by forcing Infinitor to kill it off turn with Sky-Scraper.

FearLord

Mint. Never saw Bloogo - things ended on Infinitor’s 5th turn - he only had one card in the deck which was a manifestation. He killed all the others and the last one was left on 1 go after he played all remaining cards in his deck and he finished it off. Everyone took some damage that turn from all the card plays, but judicious tanking and healing prior to that turn meant that everyone lived through it. Infinitor was lowest health with 8.

M1rth

Mint, 16/17/10/20, Infinitor at 17. Held back and poked/prodded the manifestations when I could, used Medico to keep healing and give the other heroes some damage immunity early. Held back the Thorathian Monoliths until his deck was about to shuffle and then put them out two turns in a row. Aggression Modulator on the first Endling (Urdid) kept him from being a problem, the rest of the environment I just left alone.

Once his deck flipped he beat all but one of his manifestations into the trash heap (along with most of the environment) by repeat-cycling "play another" cards into Machinations of a Madman in a loop that ran several times, but Thorathian Monolith kept him from harming any of the heroes until he ran out of steam. Once he was down to the one manifestation and broke his loop, a quick Catch A Ride forced him to damage the last manifestation and that was it.

Bloogo never did show up. I'm assuming he probably would have in a turn or two after Infinitor's tantrum, if I hadn't had the resources held back to force the final kill.

-metablender

Mint with 16/16/10/22 and Heroic Infinitor at 21 at the end. My strategy was similar to FrivYeti and M1rth, only as I hadn't faced Heroic Infinitor before (a sour taste from the Infinitor Weekly One-Shots in the past few months hurt my mint hunting) I ended up screwing up some of the strategy.

Didn't have Thorathian Monolith out when some widespread damage dealing Manifestations took out the Energy Bracer and Cosmic Crest. It took a few turns too many to remember that Infinitor needs to be the one to deal damage to a zero or less HP Manifestation to have it placed under him, even when I had Autonomous Blade on him but directed it towards 1+ HP manifestations instead. This meant that Whispers of Oblivion, after triggering, would mainly restore the Manifestations up to full too many times then I cared to count. But even when I sensed the end was nigh it was easy to use the second Thorathian Monolith and even plays during the last round to get Infinitor to defeat his Manifestations.

This is an excellent team for helping Heroic Infinitor, and I'm sure on a second playthrough I could complete the challenge in fewer turns. Smart plays can avoid you the slog of his Overcome By Manifestations side. Captain Cosmic can quickly get Energy Bracer, Augemented Ally, Autonomous Blade and other useful Constructs out. Sky-Scraper is key for dropping a Compulsion Canister on Urdid to save some grief, tanking with Thorathian Monolith, and saving those Catch A Ride's to give Infinitor extra hits on his Manifestations. Dr. Medico keeps everyone healed and likely is dealing himself the most damage through his cards (although short of Experimental Medicine, it's pretty sweet when his card plays would deal him damage only to get soaked by Thorathian Monolith). Idealist's most useful Concepts are Stabby Knives and Giant Floaty Head, to attack multiple targets and thin out unhelpful cards to set up Infinitor for the best. Better Punching is also really great with a primed Stabby Knives when multiple Twisted Miscreations are out, as it will get around their 'reduce damage dealt to them to 1.'

Sadly, I'm still realtively new to the digital version and don't have enough variants collected to get Completionist Guise. I'm about a third of the way through Heroes and halfway through Villains, Heroic Infinitor one I haven't unlocked personally. I'm happy to join the forums, as the Letters Page podcast has been my go-to for working through chores and an extensive move after my friend introduced me to SotM last year.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Welcome to the forums, and good luck getting those variants! :)