The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #176 Orchestrate the Void

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Missingno
Missingno's picture
Weekly One-Shot #176 Orchestrate the Void

WELCOME TO WHO'S TURN IS IT ANYWAY!  WHERE THE PLAN'S MADE UP AND THE HP DOESN'T MATTER!

Ultimate Akash vs. Argent Adept, America's Greatest Legacy, Freedom Six Tachyon, La Comodora, and the Scholar.

Very easy mint here.  Akash don't really blow up until long after you're setup.  The biggest thing is that you have to get SOMEONE ready to damage.  Legacy, Tachyon, and Scholar are all valid options, just make sure you pick someone and pick early.  (I went with the scholar.)  Really the challenge is figuring out the fastest way to take out Akash as you powerbounce!

I'll put things in here later.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

"WELCOME TO WHO'S TURN IS IT ANYWAY!  WHERE THE PLAN'S MADE UP AND THE HP DOESN'T MATTER!"

No, no, that's a different one-shot. I designed it, and I THINK I proposed it to MigrantP, but I don't remember. It's a Vengeance game with AA, Scholar, La Comodora, Guise, and Action Hero Stuntman against Friction, Baron Blade, La Capitan, Miss Information, and Sergeant Steel in the Temple of Zhu-Long. The decks, of course, are stacked for maximized turn-mixing shenanigans.

... But enough about that.

This was one of the easiest games I've ever played, period. Everyone was at mostly-full health, and I had to acticeac attack the Scholar so he could heal and make use of his L-L-L-E-E-E setup. Tachyon hurt herself a bit, and AA got hit by the Rockslide once, but that's it.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Carag

I played it as card draw galore. Once Legacy is close to having all his cards drawn endless takedown's close the match down With poor ol Akash waiting to die. 

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I really like how these one-shots push you into harder fights than you might normally make for yourself. I rarely play challenge mode rules, but this was fun and went fairly quickly despite having to beat 200 HP all by yourslf. :)

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Super easy mint, with everyone within 1-2 hp of full, except for Tachyon because I kept out Pushing the Limits longer than I really needed to. Even she was around 20 though.

Soooooooooo much card draw. Everyone had pretty much their entire deck in hand by the end, which suited me fine. Always had exactly what I needed, although I didn't really need all that much. Played Don't Dismiss Anything 5-6 times through La Comodora's power, could have done the same with Takedown if I wanted to lock it down even more. Decided to go with Tachyon as my damage dealer, and she worked pretty well.

One "Cheeky Bastard!" play I found in this one shot: If Tachyon has an empty deck but full of Burst card and Lightspeed Barrage trash, and La Comodora has 3 copies of Harnessed Anomaly in hand, Tachyon can play another 3 Lightspeed Barrages on the same turn :) Comodora puts Barrage in Tachyon's empty deck, "shuffles", then plays the top card, then Comodora chooses to play another Anomaly to repeat.

~Komori

FearLord

Mint, but it took a while. I accidentally drew when Tacyhon’s deck was empty before playing my Light Speed barrages, which slowed things down, but the sheer card draw and out of action stuff meant that it was under control while I plodded towards victory.

adamgpugh

I never encountered Rockslide or any destruction cards, because I used Comodora to loop Legacy's Takedown.

Her base power to stack it, plus two timeless treasures to draw it, then tether on AA to have Legacy play it. It locks down not only Akash's regular plays but also her bonus plays from the environment.

The Grim Digger

Easy if slow mint; I used La Commodora to recycle Hypersonic Assault and AA/Legacy to activate Tachyon's card draw, so past a certain point I basically stopped taking damage.  AA, Legacy, and Scholar all wound up with their entire deck in play or hand.

gossamerica2

This is a great team, with recycling Take Down and/or Hypersonic Assault, or using Next Evolution and Lead From the Front, etc.  I've used the team to beat Spite, the Chairman, Matriarch, and Iron Legacy.  Who's next?

illarion

Loved this one, this is just about my perfect A-team (OP team?).

I did over 160 damage in a round, which I'm pretty sure is a personal best by a considerable margin :)  (something like 5 lightspeeds, 6 grace under fire -> MFtE, and a Know When to Turn Loose for 30 to finish up - lost count tbh).

Fun times :)