The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #171: Iron Reckoning

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester
Weekly One-Shot #171: Iron Reckoning

All five of the new heroes test their mettle against one of the toughest heroes in the game, Iron Legacy? How will they fare?

I don't know about you, but I got MINT BAY-BEE!

It's a pretty rough setup, but as far as IL is concerned, it could be worse. Focus on eliminating the ongoing cards, and it should be all right. Also, use Weigh Anchor immediately. Then, you should be able to use Harnessed Anomaly to hit a home run in the Bottom of the Ninth on the first try, which gives you a solid advantage.

Once he flips -- which should be ASAP -- play As the Earth Turns and make sure Luminary has Healing Nanites out, and he can't hurt you. Then he won't get another turn.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

That was a pretty fun Mint. Luminary starts with enough stuff to clear out most of IL's worst cards, and I never felt in danger of losing, despite misclicking a whole ton of things.

Of course, I did feel dumb by missing an opportunity to epically win during the environment's turn. I suppose I couldn't have known Luminary would get a power use off Lifeline, but I had the darn death laser in my hand, y'know? :B Still finished him off that way on Luminary's turn.

FearLord

Surprisingly easy Mint, but these guys have some good tech for Iron Legacy. I cleared out a bunch of ongoings with Luminary’s card and took out the rest shortly afterwards. Piling on the damage to flip him is definitely the best strategy- Luminary’s ability to get lots of low HP targets in play makes his damage a lot easier to swallow, and as mentioned above, the Nannites are completely invincible to his standard attack.

I also killed him with the death Laser, but it was extreme over kill at that point, and I’m fairly certain he would have gone down that round even without it...

Blackfang108
Playtester

Definitely start with Weigh Anchor.  I was kicking myself so much when I played CH and then drew the bottom card.

I didn't flip him for several turns, because I only got rid of one DR card, but once i did,I brought him down to 3hp by the environment phase. He flipped, pawed ineffectully at the repair nanites, and La Comdora ran her ship into him before finishing him off with the cannons. (If I had looked closer, I could have wiped him by letting all of my equipment break and then using RA.)

“Mad Dog”

Just about every game that I've played with Luminary has ended with him using his Orbital Death-Laser to pulverize the low-hit-point villain into dust.

I just imagine Luminary standing next to the heroes at the end of the battle at the edge of the crater that the Death-Laser made, saying: "If you HAVE an orbital Death-Laser, you should USE an orbital Death-Laser".

Luminary then takes full credit for the victory, as is his wont.

Missingno
Missingno's picture

Mint at 10/9/34/14/15 on Harpy's second turn.  I gave that girl the figurehead and dedicated all my draw power to her, it was worth it.  Between Akash and Luminary I was able to get all the ongoings but redirection out of the way and then focused as much damage as I could onto the guy.  Between direct strike, eldritch blast, and the figurehead Harpy had exactly enough damage in her to win the game.

#AlwaysTheBirds

I'll put things in here later.

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Mint with 12/11/32/11/18. Ended before the end of the second round (I was surprised).

Weigh Anchor is definitely the way to start things off. That and luminary able to nuke 3 ongoings right off the bat was hugely helpful. Once the two fortitudes were gone, I was able to start plinking away at him. Didn't flip him the first round, Akash kept him from playing a card, then went ham the second round  Gave lifeline and harpy the two figureheads and they just mowed through him. 

~Komori

payprplayn

Mint on the environment's second turn (the first time bottom of the ninth activated).  Similar to what other people are saying, luminary took  care of most of the ongoings, with Akash'Thriya handling the last fortitude,  Weigh Anchor for mad value first round, then all the damage, mostly with Harpy + Figurehead but with significant help from Luminary bringing a few sabre battle drones.

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

Interesting to use Harpy so much. I didn't really do anything useful with her all game, focusing instead on Lifeline and Luminary. It took me a little longer, but it is trivial to get Death Laser on-line and ready to use and once that's out, a villain like Iron Legacy can't take that focused damage. The environment was definitely friendly here as well. If you can incapacitate Iron LEgacy before the ball game is over, there's no need not to have it stay out.

bolnerap

Mint with 9/7/33/11/14 on Harpy's second turn. It was definitely the Comodora/Harpy show for me - I skipped Harpy's first power phase to keep IL from flipping on his second turn, then she had just enough left in her deck to burn him down with Direct Strike on her second turn. 

Luminary was valuable in destroying a bunch of Ongoings, but didn't really have time to do anything else. Lifeline mostly fed Harpy - maybe I should have played the lottery on his Equipment searching? Oh well.

Missingno
Missingno's picture

bolnerap wrote:

Mint with 9/7/33/11/14 on Harpy's second turn. It was definitely the Comodora/Harpy show for me - I skipped Harpy's first power phase to keep IL from flipping on his second turn, then she had just enough left in her deck to burn him down with Direct Strike on her second turn. 

Luminary was valuable in destroying a bunch of Ongoings, but didn't really have time to do anything else. Lifeline mostly fed Harpy - maybe I should have played the lottery on his Equipment searching? Oh well.

The lottery gets you his cube if you don't shuffle his deck first.  It's not much but it's a damage dealing power for 2.

I'll put things in here later.