The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #162 Judge Not...

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One-Shot #162 Judge Not...

Infinitor vs Cosmic Inventor Writhe, Dark Argent Adept, Malpractice Dr Medico, Dark Visionary and Parse in the Celestial Tribunal.

Infinitor infinitors and plays almost his whole deck on turn one. Everyone dead by turn three. More thought required.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I squeaked by with a Mint. Somehow. After a couple rounds, it was Writhe vs. the world, with the environment doing tons of damage to both him and Infinitor. Unless people want to put in a good deal of time figuring this one out, it's gonna be rough, what with all the extra card plays Infinitor gets, Visionary and Argent Adept changing up the order of things, and Writhe's Shadow Projector potentially keeping someone else around. Don't bother trying to save Parse, though, she went down in round two even with first-hit immunity. :C

Gus_Smedstad

I think I'll hold off on this one until someone here posts an effective strategy. Infinitor drives me as crazy as he is, what with how he sometimes randomly plays a dozen cards or more in a turn.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Ok, lost on Infinitor's second turn, with the earth sentenced to destruction.

The hell?

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

Boy, that was a close one. I technically finished with four live heroes, all of them at 8-15 HP, but there were three turns in which all four of them, plus the Representative, were below 5 HP. 

Here are my strategy notes.

Note 1: Use Dark Visionary to control the environment deck, not Infinitor. By choosing when things come out, you can get the Representative right away, and then get the card that lets heroes use his powers and heal him right away, and then get the card that gives you a free use of his power. I picked Freedom Five Legacy, but anything that gives other people card plays or powers is a good bet.

Note 2: If you use Doctor Medico's Malpractice right away and combine it with Regeneration you can deal a ton of damage to the manifestations early. Focus-fire the guys who hit weak heroes to keep the Representative alive. Then shift to using Medico for healing before everyone else dies. 

Note 3: I got lucky late in the game and was able to play Writhe's card that moves something from the trash to the bottom of the deck when Infinitor had 0 cards in his deck. This gave me a free turn while he didn't play, followed by a turn in which he only played Ocular Halo while there was nothing for it to find if it died. Those two turns saved my bacon. 

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

I'm, going to have some Spoilers here, so if you want to figure this one out yourself, stop reading now. As always, these are just some things that I found useful, and there are likely other ways of succeeding that never occurred to me!

So, a couple of things that can help make the mission slightly less hateful:

1. This is one of those unfortunate missions where the actions you take on the villain's opening turn can dictate the entire game- namely, who gets the crushing cages.  It is important to remember that the Dark Conductor Argent Adept doesn't really need to play cards to be effective (though they help)!

2. You can play around with "first time prevention", namely by stacking it on a single target- shadow projector + 2 Preventative Cares can allow someone to have damage prevented 3 times before anything gets through, which can be the difference between life and death for Parse. 

3. It is VITAL that you control Infinitor's second turn card play.  If you can get him to play a single manifestation, as opposed to his entire deck (only a slight exaggeration), your position goes from impossible to slightly less impossible!  Turmoil doesn't cut it- you need to break out the Precognition.

4. There is a natural impulse to start whittling down manifestations with RRH + Regeneration...but you have to remember that the power usage on Regeneration is NOT optional... so once you use RRH+Regeneration, you are committed to damage instead of healing for effectively 3 turns.  (The turn you initially use RRH, the next turn, "until the end of" the turn after that.)  That's a lifetime in this game. Flare up is great to start powerign down a reaper... but resist the urge to heal parse. I'll get into that more in a sec. 

5. Parse's Reveal the Flaws is incredibly useful to start powering down the manifestations. This, combined with her not terribly useful incap abilities, played a large part in my efforts to keep her alive at all costs. 

4. As tempting as it is to start blowing up manifestations immediately, don't do it. You NEED to be able to control the villain card play, and once the eyes start revealing cards, things get out of hand very quickly. Weakening the eyes is good, (and they really do need to go ASAP), but make sure that try to weaken a bunch of things for Hero turn 2. I did find it EXTREMELY useful to get both eyes and a Lambent Reaper to 2 HP each, so that the Reaper was the thing on the chopping block for when Infinitor flips. 3 damage preventions and only 2 reapers makes it so that Parse can survive... barely. HOWEVER!!!!

5. In the first environment turn, you are going to get a representative of Earth!  IF Parse is healed at ALL, then the damage preventions will keep her just barely ahead of the Representative in HP, which means that the Reapers will concentrate fire and make you instantly lose. So either leave Parse at 8 HP, so you have some options, or use AA's ability to ignore the issue. Granted, this does mean that you have one less target that can potentially soak some damage. 

6. As soon as the heroes hit turn 2, go into full on attack mode to clear out some of the manifestations. I found it extremely useful to get the Shadow Cloak into play, then start chipping away at manifestations. The "ideal" scenario is to be able to get rid of everything that goes after the lowest and keep only the Twisted Miscreations in play- single instances of damage are way easier to deal with.  RRH and "positive prognosis" can work wonders in whittling things to 2 HP, so that DV can Psychic Maelstrom the bulk of them. I found that (as tempting as it is to protect Parse), you just have to use the shadow projector to cover your highest HP people- once the reapers are gone, Parse isn't safe, but those high HP heroes are what is going to attract fire. Shadow Cloak+ Mk II Projector + Between the Lines and MK II Projector again should give you some leeway.  Should.  If you use it on Dr. Medico, it has the added benefit of negating his first self damage from his powers/cards (which is fine early on, but you'll want to stop once you have Experimental Medicine/Universal donor out)

7. Once you've survived the 3rd villain turn... well, this is where it gets tricky. You can potentially use Buffer Overflow to negate a card play, but that can lead to a chain where Infinitor plays lots of 1 damage pings that wipe out a couple of your people... but that gives you lots of incap powers to use to make Writhe super nasty, and clears out pretty much all of the manifestations.  If you choose not to, You are all at low HP, and the nature of Infinitor's deck makes any sort of tracking/stacking difficult.  So I'll stick to general tips. 

• Cloak Projectors can nullify Infinitor's 1 point pings, as well as those from the eyeballs. 
  • Once you get Healing Pulse and universal Donor out, life gets much easier.  I spent a lot of AA's turns helping Dr. Medico get the good stuff out.  
  • As potent as RRH is, don't overdo it. A single use has multi-turn repercussions... and you should note that the power use on "Regeneration" is NOT optional, so if you use RRH+ Regeneration immediately, Dr. Medico won't be healing anyone for a while. Use with caution. 
  • Writhe can crank out a TON of damage. 
  • "Insanity" is almost always a losing bet in terms of allowing Infinitor to play it.  Infinitor will almost always play a couple of cards, but Insanity has the potential to get every last manifestation out.  If you have the choice between it and pretty much anything else, choose pretty much anything else.
starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Mint by sheer random luck I think, with 8/-/-/3/- at the end. I doubt I'll be able to replicate what I did when I try on the PC later this week.

Yes Infinitor Infinitors, but through some combination of Madness(TM) and Insanity(TM) on my part, his second turn had him play his entire deck twice (at least), and since he had flipped, his own damage nuked down the entire manifestation board. I was left with everyone but Parse alive but hurting and almost no Manifestations.

The rest of the game was desperately trying to outheal the not insubstantial damage he was putting out while fending off waves of Excutioners. Writhe's ability to block the first damage each turn was invaluable, as for nothing else it made Dr. Medico's Experimental Medicine not hurt himself. I eeked by, carefully determining order to block the most damage and trying to give Writhe extra powers every which way I could. Eventually I got to a decent place and used Writhe's Nowhere to Hide into Concealed Assailant into AA granting card play into Fight and Fade into Darkly Dreaming into 3 executioners all hitting him to deal a good chunk of damage to him in one round. He dropped AA and Medico that turn, but it left him low enough to get finished off by Writhe. Visionary was in a cocoon, which I think is a possible winning strategy as Found Wanting can be put on Infinitor, and as long as you keep the Representative of Earth alive, the Executioners will slowly kill him. Choosing someone like Regular Mainstay to Block himself could help with that.

If I can fiddle with the sequence a little, I would rather keep parse alive and possibly drop Visionary, as Parse's "Draw a card" incap was the only one I used all game and wasn't that helpful.

~Komori

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

Near Mint as I saw my representative of Earth get nuked on turn 2, like many others.

I used Argent Adept and Visionary to control the environment deck. I never got the representative of Earth out, so all I really needed to do was use Parse and Writhe to destroy any trials that were put on the heroes. That let the Celestial A.I. focus solely on Infinitor.

I put the cages on Writhe, though Argent Adept may have been better. The nice thing about Argent Adept was that on turn 2, he can heal with Vernal Sonata which turns into 5 damage thanks to Dr. Medico. By the time Visionary came around and hit all the targets for 2 damage, a lot of the board had been cleared. Vernal Sonata also gets Precognition back into Visionary's hand, so both villain and environment decks are kept under control.

After that, everyone focused on damage except for some deck control. All the heroes were low, but alive, thanks to Writhe's base power absorbing Infinitor's damage each turn.

Gus_Smedstad

I’ve lost 6 times now, and I’m not seeing a way out. I’ve tried the advice in this thread from people who have won, and it hasn’t helped.

If I allow the environment to play Representative of Earth, I lose the game on Infinitor’s next turn.

If I don’t use Shadow Cloak + Preventative Care x 2, Parse dies on Infinitor’s turn.

If I don’t use Red Right Hand on turn one, Parse dies even if I do Shadow Cloak + Preventative Care x 2.

If I do use Red Right Hand turn + Regeneration turn 1, it doesn’t do a lot of damage before Infinitor’s turn. I can, at most, take down one manifestation. It does mean, however, that Parse lives to turn 2.

If I play both initial cages on Writhe, a third cage comes out and hits Writhe, and between the 3 of them they kill Writhe before he gets his second turn.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

My usual strategy against Infinitor, especially with this many Manifestations, is to take out any Ocular Swarms and let him flip. Then you don't have to worry about the DR. I will, however, admit that I basically bumbled my way to victory on this one, so YMMV. :B

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

Gus_Smedstad wrote:

I’ve lost 6 times now, and I’m not seeing a way out. I’ve tried the advice in this thread from people who have won, and it hasn’t helped.

If I allow the environment to play Representative of Earth, I lose the game on Infinitor’s next turn.

If I don’t use Shadow Cloak + Preventative Care x 2, Parse dies on Infinitor’s turn.

If I don’t use Red Right Hand on turn one, Parse dies even if I do Shadow Cloak + Preventative Care x 2.

If I do use Red Right Hand turn + Regeneration turn 1, it doesn’t do a lot of damage before Infinitor’s turn. I can, at most, take down one manifestation. It does mean, however, that Parse lives to turn 2.

If I play both initial cages on Writhe, a third cage comes out and hits Writhe, and between the 3 of them they kill Writhe before he gets his second turn.

I didn't see a third cage come out until the other two were dead. Did you use precognition on Visionary's first turn? On the second turn, focus on getting as many manifestations down to 2hp before Visionary's turn, using Red Right Hand frequently and doing whatever healing/damage you can. I think I even used Argent Adept to play his healing melody on turn 1 and Instrumental Conjuration on turn 2 so he could use it as his main power. (I think it was the only turn I did this) On Visionary's second turn, she'll do 2 damage to all the villains. That will get rid of the orbs and a bunch of the other ones as well. After the orbs, focus on the ones that have been picking on Parse. I had a preventative measures on Parse that didn't get triggered until the late game because I took out enough of the early threats this way.

You might want to play with Argent Adept's base power a bit. I'm pretty sure I chose Medico and the environment for most of his power choices- usually it let me cycle through the bad environment cards and then let Medico get another card out, which was decent damage for healing. After Parse has been saved on turn 2, you can use Writhe's power to save the high hit point characters since they will be dealt the majority of the damage afterwards.

Gus_Smedstad

Here's a play by play of my most recent attempt. Another loss.

Round 1: Infinitor infinitors. I put both cages on Writhe. Heroes are at 17 / 17 / 19 / 21 / 8 on Writhe's turn.

Writhe protects Parse. Argent Adept plays Rhapsody of Vigor, plays Flare Up from Dr. Medico, discards Representative of Earth, hit an Eye for 2, heals Parse.

Dr. Medico plays Preventative Care x2 on Parse, Regeneration, uses Red Right Hand. Medico hits the Eye for 1.

Visionary plays Precognition, draws Crazed Artifice, Machinations of a Madman, Hellion.I'm about to kill an Eye, which will discard a card, so I put Crazed Artifice on top - that's the one I want discarded. Turmoil on the environment puts Executioner on top and Paragon of Sentience on the bottom.

Dr. Medico kills an Eye, everyone but Parse takes 2 points. Parse has only 1 Preventative Care now.

Parse plays Buffer Overflow to guard against Insanity, hits Eye #2 for 1 point. Medico hits a Reaper for 1 - Infinitor's going to kill the remaining Eye.

The environment plays Executioner, Medico hits Reaper #2 for 1.

Round 2:

Infinitor plays Insanity, Parse Nopes it. Replacement is a Miscreation. Infinitor kills an Eye, draws a Cage and puts it next to Writhe. Dr. Medico hits Reaper #3 for 2.

Writhe gets hit by 3 crushing cages. Heroes are at 1 / 10 / 8 / 11 / 1. Writhe protects Visionary because she has the most HP, and is a target. Dr. Medico hits a reaper for 2.

Argent Adept plays Vernal Sonota, and does 5x 1 point pings. He uses his base power on Dr. Medico and the environment. This reveals Character Witness and Preventative Care. Character Witness is a pretty important card, so I play that.

Dr. Medico is forced to use Red Right Hand. Since I've got two heroes at 1 HP, I play From the Brink.

Visionary plays Psychic Maelstrom. This destroys a bunch of manifestations. He still has 3x Miscreation, though, which is 15 damage a turn. Visionary uses Turmoil on the environment - Infinitor has no Insanity left, and the remaining cards all look equally bad. Both cards are The Celestial Chamber.

Parse plays Quick Calculation, chooses Buffer Overflow and Impossible Shot, then kills off a Miscreation.

The Environment plays Found Wanting, I put it next to Infinitor. It plays Executioner.

Round 3: Infinitor plays Hellion, destroys a Miscreation. Heroes are at 1 / 5 / 7 / 3 / 1.

Writhe plays the Shadow Cloak, protects Dr. Medico, who has the highest HP.

Argent adept plays Syncopated Onslaught, uses his power on Dr. Medico and the environment. Dr. Medico plays Lifeforce of Will. Red Right Hand is in play, so healing becomes damage. This kills off the Hellion and does 4 points to Infinitor.

Dr. Medico uses Doctor's Orders on Writhe, who protects Argent Adept, since he's #2 and Infinitor hits two targets each turn.

Visionary plays Decoy, uses Turmoil on the environment, puts Found Wanting on top.

Parse plays Buffer Overflow, hits Infinitor for 2.

Executioners hits Infinitor for 6, plays Found Wanting on Miscreation.

Round 3: Infinitor plays Ocular Swarm, destroys Miscreation. From the Brink saves Parse from death. Found Wanting plays Celestial Adjucator.

Heroes are at 3 / 2 / 4 / 5 / 3. Writhe plays Unquiet Night and destroys Celestial Adjucator. Writhe plays Umbral Siphon, uses his base power to protect Visionary, who has the highest HP.

Argent Adept Instrumental Conjuration, summons the Drum. Argent Adept uses the drum, does 1 point to the Eye, heals everyone for 1.

Dr. Medico plays Flare Up, kills the Eye, heals Writhe for 1.

Visionary plays Mind Spike, hits Infinitor for 3, uses Turmoil on Dr. Medico. She puts Healing Pulse on top.

Parse plays Quick Calculation, chooses Recompile x 2, hits Infinitor for 2.

Executioners hit Infinitor for 6, environment plays Paragon of Sentience. I put it next to Writhe.

Round 4. Infinitor flips, plays Whispers of Oblivion x 2. Argent Adept dies, decoy destroyed. Infinitor plays Machinations of a Madman, plays Hellion. Infinitor plays Crushing Cage, which moves next to Writhe. Hellion kills Dr. Medico.

Heroes are at 5 / 0 / 0 / 2 / 1. Writhe is caged, protects Parse since he has the shadow cloak.

Argent Adept destroys an Executioner. Dr. Medico has Writhe protect Visionary. 

Visionary plays Precognition, gets Crazed Artifice, Lambent Reaper, Miscreation. Miscreation goes on top. Visionary uses Turmoil on Parse, puts Buffer Overflow on top.

Parse plays Impossible Shot, shoots Hellion, kills it. 

Executioner hits Infinitor for 2. I discard cards to heal Writhe and Infinitor for 5. The environment plays Celestial Chamber.

Round 5. Infinitor plays Miscreation. 

Heroes are at 6 / 0 / 0 / 2 / 1. Writhe is still caged. He protects himself.

Argent Adept has Parse play Data Mining. Parse destroys Paragon of Sentience. This plays Paragon of Sentience from the deck.

Dr. Medico has Writhe protect Parse.

Visionary skips her turn.

Parse plays Segmentation Fault, destroys Paragon of Sentience. The Environment plays Found Wanting on Crushing Cage.

Executioner hits Infinitor and Crushing Cage for 2, plays Representative of Earth. I choose Requital Captain Cosmic.

Round 6. Infinitor plays Machinations of a Madman, plays Miscreation. Infinitor plays Crazed Artifice, plays Reaper. Parse Nopes the reaper, gets Hellion. Infinitor plays Ocular Swarm.

Heroes are at 4 / 0 / 0 / 2 / 1. Captain Cosmic is at 2. Writhe is still caged. Writhe protects Captain Cosmic.

Argent adept has Parse play Snap Decision.

Dr. Medico has Writhe protect Parse.

Visionary plays Decoy Projection, uses Turmoil on Infinitor. Choices are Crushing Cage or Crazed Artifice. I put Artifice on top - I'm going to destroy an Eye.

Parse plays Targeting arrow on the Eye, Reveal the Flaws. Parse shoots the Eye for 3, destroying it and discarding Artifice.

Writhe uses Captain Cosmic's power, playing Umbral Siphon, Unnerving Target, and Penultimate Penumbra.Writhe destroys two Umbral Siphons and destroys the Hellion and two Miscreations. The Executioner hits Infinitor for 2 and destroys the Crushing Cage. The environment plays Adjucator.

The environment plays Called to Judgement, and Writhe gets to use the power again. Writhe plays Unquiet Night, destroys Celestial Chamber. Writhe plays Lurking Shadows, protects Visionary. Writhe plays Distorted Perception, does 3 to Crushing Cage.

Everyone discards a card. Infinitor, Writhe, and Captain Cosmic gain 5 HP. Infinitor is at 42 HP.

Round 7. Infinitor plays Insanity, gets 2xReaper, a hellion, 2x Eye, Miscreation. Parse dies. 

Heroes are at 3 / 0 / 0 / 2 / 0. Captain Cosmic is at 7. Writhe is still caged.

At this point I quit. The game's clearly lost.

One problem with choosing Requital Captain Cosmic is that with Writhe caged, he'd drawn pretty much his entire deck, but couldn't play any cards. There's no real damage available, and the team is barely capable of staying alive, let alone doing any damage. The game was really lost when Dr. Medico went down on Infinitor's 4th turn.

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

So I went and did this again and what I realized was that in my successful game, I took out a Lambent Reaper on Medico's first turn using Flare Up. This meant two cards got nuked from Infinitor's deck and there was no brutal combo on turn 2. With Precognition, I put a Hellion on top because it seemed the lesser of all the evils.  So I maybe got lucky with my priority. I was really just trying to to focus on keeping Parse alive in those first turns. Three cages on Writhe are brutal, but they are all gone on turn 2 anyway. 

I didn't play regeneration until turn 2 when all the manifestations were vulnerable. By the end of turn 2, all the heroes are under 10 hit points, but from that point on, it's manageable. 

Also, character witness is not that important of a card. Not compared to getting another card play out of another hero. Especially on turn 2 because you used Vernal Sonata to put Preventative Care on top of Medico's deck, which really gives you 2 card plays  

Reveal the Flaws on turn 1 isn't a horrible play either so you can hit the Twisted Miscreations for more damage, but it's not necessary. I never used Buffer Overflow all game.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I liked Character Witness for getting 12 points of damage through Malpractice Medico.   

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Gus_Smedstad

Powerhound_2000 wrote:
I liked Character Witness for getting 12 points of damage through Malpractice Medico.

Red Right Hand + discard cards + a couple of heroes with trials, I’m assuming?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

You got it

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Gus_Smedstad

One thing I struggled with in my lost game was the dynamic of Executioners, trials, and Character Witness. If Infinitor has Found Wanting on him, Character Witness  hands him 5 health. If any heroes have trials - particularly the Representative of Earth - they take damage from Executioners.

It seems like the strategies are:

- Enlist executioners as allies. Leave Found Wanting on Infinitor, vigorously remove hero trials, including Representative of Earth. Advantages: Free damage to Infinitor every round. Drawbacks: no cheap healing for the heroes, no extra power use on the environment turn.

- Embrace the trials. Eliminate Executioners and Found Wanting. Take all the hero trials you get. Advantages: Heal everyone with Character Witness, get that extra power use. Damage from Character Witness if everyone's healthy (fat chance) or Infinitor's health is low, and Red Right Hand is active. Drawbacks: No free damage to Infinitor. Probably involves more cards spent to get rid of environment cards. 

Gus_Smedstad

After 14 tries, I got a Fine.

They’re all sort of blended together, particularly since I did a lot of rewinding but:

Wiping the initial board is paramount. With the foreknowledge (aka cheating) that Argent Adept is getting Vernal Sonata at the end of his first turn, and it’s worth 5 points of damage turn 2, and because Writhe has no initially useful cards, I put the cages on Writhe.

By the same token, I did Red Right Hand / Regeneration right away. Anything else simply did not kill manifestations fast enough. Waiting until round 2 meant he missed 10 points of damage, even with Infinitor’s damage reduction before he flips.

I went after the eyes first. Going after a reaper initially meant Infinitor drew too many manifestations in round 2. While the first time they activate they only do damage, pretty much every time after that they were playing 1-2 manifestations.

Visionary did Cerebral Hemorrhage round 1 instead of Precognition. It’s 3 points of damage, but mainly I found that this reduced the number of manifestations Infinitor played later. There may be another path here, but Precognition / Reveal the Flaws ended up with someone dead round 3 every time.

Parse plays Buffer Overflow, not Reveal the Flaws. Because Infinitor’s going to play Insanity, and I need to Nope it. Precognition can bury it, of course, and Reveal the Flaws means more damage overall than the 3 points from Hemorrhage, but this was the path that worked.

Strategy with the environment was Enlist the Executioners. Executioners stay, hero trails go. But I didn’t have to worry too much about this beyond using Argent Adept to discard Representative of Earth round 1. Not for quite a while, anyway.

It was dicey for quite a while, but eventually Dr. Medico got out Experimental Medicine and Healing Pulse, and pretty soon everyone was healthy again.

Suggestion is really, really useful against Infinitor. I kept moving Miscreations into his deck, starting on a turn when his deck was empty. Those are probably the least dangerous cards in his deck, which is really saying something, given how hard they hit and their damage resistance. More than anything else it meant for 4 rounds I was guaranteed he wasn’t going to go on a multi-card spree.

Mostly I just kept Infinitor under control while the Executioners wailed on him. Only Argent Adept managed to do much setup. Writhe was always busy doing things like taking out manifestations and protecting the highest HP target, and Parse was busy weeding out hero trials. Argent Adept never got his “use a power” or “play a card” songs, so he was mostly healing and handing out card draws.

Writhe is the only one here with much damage, but he was busy with manifestations and couldn’t take time to hit Infinitor. Parse eventually would have gotten her Critical Multiplier / Recompile combo going, but the game ended first.

kamesenin888

strategy

this will get you a win

infinitor

medico second highest takes 3
visionary takes 3

all cages for writhe

life writhe 17 argent 17 medico 19 visionary 21 parse 8

1-writhe 
draw two and protect parse

1- Argent use curing melody
power see medico and infinitor
use flare up and hit lambent reaper and cure parse for 1

1- medico 2 preventive to parse and flare up to kill lambent and cure writhe
use negating cure power

1- visionary use precognition to miscreation on top
use power put cage on top
1- Parse use reveal the flaws and use power to hit an eye

Environnent

representative with greatest legacy(must have it unlocked) 

2- infinitor use cage

eye dies
bring another eye and hellion
(you must take a hit with legacy for him to be able to be cured for damage)

infinitor hits 5 to medico and visionary
5 to writhe 
second highest visionary - argent and visionary 3
medico take 5
visionary second highest - argent and visionary 3
legacy second highest - writhe and legacy 3

life writhe 3 argent 10 medico 10 visionary 9 parse 7      legacy 7

2- Writhe 
Power y protects medico if he is the highest(he should be)

2- Argent use vernal sonata hits 5 leaving the eyes on 2 and one of  miscreation to 2 

Medico - preventive care to top
Visionary - precog to top

Use power to infinitor and medico and use preventive
Protect writhe with preventive
Use Positive Prognosis(remember to leave the manifestations on 2 at most because visionary will kill all that have 2)

2- medico 

Regeneration and Power

2- visionary 

psychic maelstrom(kill the eyes first)
Power - infinitor - crazed on top

2- parse usa quick calculation y sends the useless see top and send bottom
Power kill lambert

life writhe 2 argent 3 medico 4 visionary 7 parse 5      legacy 5

(at some point you must kill the environment card, so you use the regen damage at will for that as long as you kill manifestation first)
3- writhe 

grasping on infinitor, put cage on bottom

Power- protect visionary(she is the highest HP)

3- argent intrumental search 
Get the drums that play melodies and use the healing melody with the drums killing the manifestation that came in and deal some damage

3- medico use brink

3- visionary use the decoy

Power on medico putting the pulse on top

3- Parse usa card that enables power and use the legacy power to use writhe to protect legacy

Power hits for 2 to infinitor

4- environment trial to visionary and everyone discards to heal(redirect the damage to infinitor) 

writhe - lurking shadows
argent - bulwark
medico - experimental medicine
visionary - precog
parse - data mining 

infinitor 45 

4- writhe nearly dies from the cage, brink saves him and kill the cage with the damage
Use shadow cloak
Poder - protect visionary

4- Argent plays the harp
Use base power, infinitor and himself suborninamt comes in

4- medico use lifeforce of will and we have powers

writhe protects legacy

argent - use harp so writhe uses grasping shadowcloth, moving cage bottom and destroying shadow cloak

visionary use power on environment and celestial chamber bottom

parse damage to the environment card that is out

legacy - argent adept base power for medico - tribunal pulse enters

skip powers so you can heal

Pulse cures  writhe, argent and medico

4- visionary cerebral hemorragee killing environment and some damage to infinitor

Power to writhe and we need the grasp on top( it gives ya turns)

4- parse recompile discards 

segmentation
data mining
buffer overflow

power - infinitor

5- environment legacy usa argent harp for writhe somber tinker recover shadow cloak

shadow cloak to the field

environment legacy 

argent - use drums to heal

everyone discards

writhe conceiled asailant
argent melody of vigor
medico presciption strength
visionary brain burn
parse exploit

life writhe 4 argent 6 medico 4 visionary 12 parse 5      legacy 10

5 -writhe-  grasping infinitor cage bottom bye cloak 

5- argent - use the one that hits for 2 and a extra power, use harp so medico uses the one that increase healing, use drums heal to: medico, writhe, argent, visionary and parse

5- medico - positive prognosis and use pulse power
Pulse heals afterwards medico, writhe and argent

5- visionary mind spike
power environment trial on top

5- parse targeting arrow infinitor

environment use legacy medico for medico and stop healing(medico will nuke infinitor)

trial on someone with damage

all discards

writhe- umbral siphon
argent- scherzo
medico- intensive care
visionary- decoy
parse- buffer

damage to infinitor

6- writhe - nowhere to hide
power to visionary

6- argent verdant sonata

argent- poly 
medico - lifeforce of will
visionary - mind spike
parse - targeting arrow

power harp - writhe more damage

6- medico doctors orders
argent drums( more damage)
and finish him with the pulse power 

I got a fine in android and mint on pc with this one, I had to polish some details and to know what card to work with in infinitor deck, you lock him with this strat and you can even continue to heal for full because of the time writhe gets ya

Tyrsis
Playtester

Didn't quite get the same luck on shuffles as above, but followed up to the first shadowcloak which put me in a good spot to stabilize and just finish. 

Gus_Smedstad

The Shadowcloak is pretty powerful in this match, primarily for the "discard to ignore first damage" ability. Though you can safely destroy it for a turn if Writhe isn't the highest HP target, since with all the card drawing Writhe will very likely have one of the "search your deck and trash for the shadow cloak and put it in play" cards.

I destroyed it twice, personally, in the game I belatedly won. Once with the card that prevents Infinitor from playing cards, and once with the "destroy 2 targets with 4 HP or less" card.

I'm pretty sure the "prevent card play" card does not disable the Eye effect. That one says "reveal the top card" (which is not play) and "put it in play if it's a manifestation" (which isn't play a card either, it's "put it in play.").

kamesenin888

Weird I did it on pc with the same shuffle on both sides 

kamesenin888

With my strat the manifestations die on turn 2

Tyrsis
Playtester

Maybe I misplayed something somewhere to change the seed. I'm willing to admit that I could be wrong. 

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

Looks like there's a few different paths to victory here, which is nice- to use character witness or not? Where should the cages go? Heal heroes or focus on damage? Executioners out or kept silent? It makes for a funner game when we compare different strategies.

Blackfang108
Playtester

In my victory, I kept the executioners out, eventually getting all 4 out, and they did the bulk of the damage.

Just keep the Heroes from having any trials at the start of the environment turn. (Thanks, Kim & Tony!)

Gus_Smedstad

Same, I think I did maybe 10 points of damage to Infinitor. The Executioners did all the rest. With the low damage output of this team, all of my damage was going toward eliminating manifestations. The Celestial Court is really helpful for pulling out executioners, since you get to choose whether it plays an Executioner or the Adjucator. The Adjucator of course is bad news because she’ll pull out trials for your heroes.

There’s some potential here for some serious damage from the team, if Parse gets to draw a couple of Critical Mulitpliers, but they’re pretty far into her deck this game. The other source is Red Right Hand + Rhapsody of Vigor. I probably spent more time than I should have healing instead of using that combo.

I think I was just traumatized by how close everyone was to death by round 3, and the number of games I played where I had lost 2-3 heroes at that point.

FearLord

Near Mint with reasonable ho recovery all round. First game ended swiftly, so second was a lot more cautious.

Nepycros

Man, trying to follow the sequence of events precisely is kind of difficult. You say that we can split damage to the environment how we like, but it also seems like you've got a precise amount of damage allocated already.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Nope. Can’t do this one at all. 

I domt understand what what to focus on. I can’t deal enough damage, do I get rid of the ocular swarms? The reapers? Do I care about managing infinities deck or the environments?

ive barely put a dent in him.

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Gus_Smedstad

This one was really, really rough, so I understand. I can't add a lot to what I already said about how I finally managed it.

I will say: go after the eyes first, even though the reapers are bad news. Going reapers first got me in more trouble.

Don't try and manage Infinitor's deck, since he has way too many cards that say "play another card." Way too often you'll be wasting an action.

The exception is Buffer Overflow, which you play once and stick around until it's needed. In this case "needed" is solely for canceling Insanity, which can theoretically play every manifestation in Infinitor's deck in one turn.

Do manage the environment. Mainly you don't want to see Called to Judgement or Representative of Earth until you've neutralized the Reapers, because they'll focus fire on him and you'll lose the game. This is the top card turn 1, so if you use Argent Adept's base power, you can force the environment to discard it.

Others have managed to win with other paths - managing Infinitor, accepting Represenative of Earth round 1 and working hard to keep him alive - but that's what worked for me.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Gus_Smedstad wrote:

This one was really, really rough, so I understand. I can't add a lot to what I already said about how I finally managed it.

I will say: go after the eyes first, even though the reapers are bad news. Going reapers first got me in more trouble.

Don't try and manage Infinitor's deck, since he has way too many cards that say "play another card." Way too often you'll be wasting an action.

The exception is Buffer Overflow, which you play once and stick around until it's needed. In this case "needed" is solely for canceling Insanity, which can theoretically play every manifestation in Infinitor's deck in one turn.

Do manage the environment. Mainly you don't want to see Called to Judgement or Representative of Earth until you've neutralized the Reapers, because they'll focus fire on him and you'll lose the game. This is the top card turn 1, so if you use Argent Adept's base power, you can force the environment to discard it.

Others have managed to win with other paths - managing Infinitor, accepting Represenative of Earth round 1 and working hard to keep him alive - but that's what worked for me.

Thanks! Except insanity never showed, and I still got my ass handed. I’m going to skip this one. I’m not having fun with it and I don’t mind not doing it. 

Maybe im not just doing something right.... oh well

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....