The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #158: Home Alone

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
bolnerap
Weekly One-Shot #158: Home Alone

Challenge Ambuscade vs. Setback, Wraith, KNYFE, and Sky-Scraper in Temple of Zhu Long.

I got a Mint, but it could have been a lot worse than it was. The first couple rounds were relatively docile for Challenge; he opened Cloak / Mine / Hand-Cannon, then played Reactive Plating. Round 2? Vanish, like a punk. Round 3, I played a Thorathian Monolith expecting the worst and got it; he played a device search card that tore through about 2/3 of his deck and hit me with several traps. Sky-Scraper went down to single digits while everyone else was relatively healthy. 

He played the Cloak one more time in that segment, but after I finally killed it the third time, it stayed dead. I have never been happier to see the flamethrower; it only took me two rounds to blow him away once he stayed on his front side. High-Risk Behavior / Looking Up / Karmic Retribution, Razor Ordnance / Micro-Targeting, Energy Burn + Conduit-Blade, etc. Final HP 16 / 18 / 22 / incap.

Gus_Smedstad

Hopefully the mods will merge the two threads instead of leaving one to languish.

Got a mint here, everyone up, but everyone pretty badly hurt too. Setback was down to 1, but had Silver Linings in play.

Built up 18 tokens on Setback very early, but didn’t have any cards that were helping, and High Risk Behavior was feeling very high risk, so I Cashed Out for 13 cards. I probably should have done 11 so I had 7 left over for Karma. Setback’s very, very flexible after a big card draw.

Wraith played a Mega Computer round 1, which takes all the danger out of leaving a Mysterious Ceremonies in play. An extra card play or 3 extra cards every round is a nice boost.

Mostly I just poured out the damage. High Risk Behavior can boost damage a lot, particularly for Exceeds Expectations. Really, everyone here has some decent damage options, particularly since Wraith doesn’t need to worry about Ambuscade destroying her equipment.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

We -- unfortunately -- have no ability to merge threads on this forum. :'( 

Closing this one (as it was created minutes after the other thread) and pinning the other

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Topic locked