The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Short 227 Stay the Blazes Home!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One Short 227 Stay the Blazes Home!

The Dreamer vs Freedom Five Legacy, Action Hero Stuntman, The Idealist and Prime Wardens Captain Cosmic as Fort Adamant.

Good luck, heroes.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

So this wasn't too hard for a Dreamer fight. Just don't do what I did and stack Wounding Buffer on Stuntman, then play No Time to Bleed. You will kill the Dreamer. D:

That being said, Wounding Buffer on Legacy's turn to get rid of the Ape is a great play, just make sure you Construct Cataclysm on Captain Cosmic's turn. :B

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Mint goodness. Legacy was low but was never really in trouble.

Main things for this game was a fast first phase (I think Dreamer had the opening turn and the next on her front), reading each card VERY carefully for if it is MUST do damage or CAN do damage (as TakeWalker said, NTtB is a no-no), and watching Dreamer play 3x Violent Nightmares on the same turn. That would have been terrifying if it hadn't put the exact number of projections I needed to destroy into play. A very careful order of operations, damage increases, and targeting order let Stuntman flambe the horde of projections for the win.

Captain Cosmic spent more turns double skipping for 2 draws than actually playing anything. Idealist did a little more, but most of her stuff was destruction fodder. It, as always, was the Stuntman show being supported by Legacy.

~A-Kat

flamethrower49
Playtester

Mint 7/14/8/11. An easy game, as long as you are precise. Also easy for an inattentive player to KO her on her second turn. A late game Vivid Thoughts is also ill-advised. 

Legacy set things up for Stuntman. Moving Target and Lead from the Front/Heroic Interception is a powerful combo. Idealist played cleanup, and Cosmic was... there, adding +1 to H.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

flamethrower49 wrote:
Mint 7/14/8/11. An easy game, as long as you are precise. Also easy for an inattentive player to KO her on her second turn.

Ouch. :(

redsweater

Mint 5/10/6/6. Took it slow and deliberate, taking more damage than necessary to avoid dealing any damage at all to the Dreamer. This was my first game with Stuntman, and he stole the show with Lance-Flammes and a lot of out-of-turn actions. Turns out stacking All My Own Stunts multiple times when things are already dead/handled makes the next round so much easier, if you can trigger another power before his turn starts.

The Grim Digger

Easy near mint with 7/9/8/6.  Made the same mistake of playing Wounding Buffer and No Time to Bleed, since I forgot she causes direct damage in addition to her minions.  The flamethrower made pretty short work of things in the second game, though.