The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Warfang Coliseum Title Fights!

1 post / 0 new
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester
Warfang Coliseum Title Fights!

A lot of us expected the coliseum to be an environment, so I've ben playing around with making it work like one.

Here's my favorite rules so far.  Obviously it works a little different than the normal environment, but I didn't want to resort to requiring sleeves or making fan made cards for it, so here goes:

Setup

Search Kaargra Warfang's deck for Crowd's Favor, all Title Cards, Fickle Fans and Bloodsworn Judgement.  Put Crowd’s Favor in play, negate it’s win and loss conditions. Shuffle the remaining cards together, flip them over, if a non-title card is face up put that card on the bottom of the deck, reshuffle until a title card is on top.

Gameplay

The Warfang Coliseum deck is treated as the environment deck, and all title cards are treated as environment cards.

The top card of the deck is in play. If the top card of the deck is a one-shot resolve it immediately.

If a target has only one title that title is indestructible, except to its own effects.

Increase the first damage dealt by each villain target each turn by X, where X is the number of title cards that villain target has under it.

When the Environment would play a card put the title card on top of the deck into the Environment play area.

At the end of the villain turn apply the proper effect:

If the Heroes have more favor than the Villains you may destroy one Environment card.

If the Villains have more favor than the Heroes the Villain with the fewest titles and highest HP gains a title.

If favor is tied move the top card of the deck into the Environment play area.

I think it plays less complicated than it reads, and it certainly flops vs. certain villains, but overall it has worked pretty well.

If you use opaque sleeves you can play it face down and play cards from it like usual, since you won't see the backs of the cards.

Anyone else try anything like this yet with any success?