The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Want to watch Christopher and Adam create a character on Monday, June 1st?

61 posts / 0 new
Last post
Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

I want to weigh in on the "Token vs No Token" thing.

In my mind the precedent was already set when the Core game and 1st Expansion came with just tokens and minis being an extra cost. There are a lot of folks (myself included) who do not have and may not ever go down the mini rabbit hole. It is really awkward to have a full game setup where you have all these character tokens and one lone mini. This would be very different if the game came with minis as a baseline. But it didn't.

I wouldn't mind as much if this mini-expansion always came with a mini (painted or not) to keep with the idea of only having 2 products, but they both need character tokens.

At the moment, it looks like Akash-darsha will need a punchboard sheet anyway. I doubt the folks that buy only Core #2 (which is a legit option) will have lava tokens right? She will need to come with those tokens on a punchboard sheet anyway if current mechanics hold over to production. You can fit the character tokens on that sheet as well.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Braithwhite wrote:

It's Sanskrit. Akash'bhuta roughly translates to "aether ghost".In this context, Aether is one of the 5 elements. Dharsha is a lot more complicated, but it (very) roughly translates to "revelation" or "awaken" in a spiritual sense.  I'm sure I'm getting the connotations all wrong though!

That makes total sense to me given the context of Dharsha's backstory

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Other news!

Craig and Christopher are going for an Indian meal before heading out to origins

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I would be fine if they just add a token into the mini expansion.  I don't use the minis, but I can understand not wanting to make three sets.  I just don't want to be stuck using minis for akash when I play.

(Apparently I agree with Foote)

Did they say how Akash affects terrain in her big form?  Moving through Akash will be confusing.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

They did not.

Also no comments on how to move through Akash, I assume you will not able to.

Moving Akash however was talked about, she moves like a regular mini/token with her centre hex being her starting and ending point (so not like Omnitron swiveling around).

Playtesting files were sent out to Luther and his group during the stream last night, so expect some of this to have changed by the time anyone else sees them.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Just jumping in here to provide correct spelling: Akash'Dharsha

That is all!

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

No smoke bombs?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Nah.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Christopher wrote:

Just jumping in here to provide correct spelling: Akash'DharshaThat is all!

Damnit! I could have sworn I heard you spell it out the way I spelled it on the stream.

*sigh*

(Also google has only 34000 results for Dharsha and 350000 for Darsha, the top of which is talking about the origin of the name, I took that as a good sign)

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Braithwhite wrote:
It's Sanskrit. Akash'bhuta roughly translates to "aether ghost".In this context, Aether is one of the 5 elements. Dharsha is a lot more complicated, but it (very) roughly translates to "revelation" or "awaken" in a spiritual sense.  I'm sure I'm getting the connotations all wrong though!
Can you expand on this? What are the Sanskrit words (in Devanagari) you are expanding these out into?

Pages