The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Visiting GTG?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
waedens
Playtester
Visiting GTG?

Does anyone know if GTG allows visitors to drop by to say "Hi" and see the facility for a few minutes when they are in town? Just found out that I am going to St Louis next week (be there on the 14th & 15th for work) and would love to stop by.

I did this to Handelabra back in April and had a lot of fun chatting with them for a few minutes.

I hope it is possible, but I totally would understand if it is too much of a disruption to have people dropping in.

morph147

Idk but while you are there and if you have time stop by miniature market. That place is fun

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

You might want to try using Twitter to ask, a certain other forumite is going to be visiting them next week too.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

waedens
Playtester

Really? Who and when? Not a big twitter guy, but I will figure it out.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

It will be me! I'll be in St. Louis from the with to 12th. With the intent to visit them in the 12th.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

I may be in the area on Monday the 19th, and had been thinking the same kinds of things.

waedens
Playtester

All right then. We need to form a hord and invade. I don't know what kind of defenses they have, but I think we can take them. I know they have a forklift, but I don't think that they have upgraded it to an 'Aliens' style battle suit yet so we jus have to avoid getting run over by it. Who is with me?

carnilius
Playtester

A few months ago I had a dream that I visited Greater Than Games and it was like a theme park that regularly offered tours for tourists.  Legacy was there, in a big cartoony outfit, and he was answering questions.  Hope your visits are just like that!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Really?

You want to invade the home of so many Mr Chomps?

Dips on waedens brain. I need it for ... reasons. (if it survives intact)

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Sure! If you are in town, pop by for a few minutes. It is not super exciting (just an office and warehouse), and we won't have more than a few minutes to chat, what with working on OblivAeon, Gen Con prep, and all of the other stuff we have going on, but we'd love to say hi!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

waedens
Playtester

Woo-Hoo! Looking forward to dropping in. What are office hours?

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

It works out that I'll be in STL on Monday. Would love to arrange a time to stop by at whatever the convenience of the GtG staff is, although I get that people will probably still be in post-Origins crash mode. 

Somebody ping me?

waedens
Playtester

I was hoping to stop by this afternoon (Thursday June 15 about 3pm). I have the address from the internet, but please PM me to let me know if it is a bad time or if the google maps address is wrong. Thanks!

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

waedens wrote:

I was hoping to stop by this afternoon (Thursday June 15 about 3pm). I have the address from the internet, but please PM me to let me know if it is a bad time or if the google maps address is wrong. Thanks!

Did you end up stopping in? Still hoping to swing through Monday on my way out of STL, but not sure drop-in is OK.

waedens
Playtester

Yes see my other post. And goohle.maps does have the correct address.

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

Haha, it truly shows how special this  company is that people would want to randomly stop by a stranger's workplace. I love everything about this.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

much0gust0 wrote:

Haha, it truly shows how special this  company is that people would want to randomly stop by a stranger's workplace. I love everything about this.

You're not wrong. OTH, other workplaces I've visited for which I didn't know anyone working there are below. Most of these are tours, but then if GtG offered tours of their warehouse, I bet people would take them.

• Radiology center at IUPUI. We got a tour of the imaging machines and 3D printing. This was 10+ years ago when 3D printing was much more rare.
  • Tortilla factory in Cabo San Lucas. Part of a food tour.
  • Many vineyards and a few breweries
  • Candy factory in Talinn. Part of a tour.
  • Coffee plantation tour.
  • Bacardi Distillery tour.

Ugh. Remembering and listing all the tours is getting tedious, but I expect you get the point.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel