The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Villan playlists (what music do you play when you play the game?)

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Zalrus9
Zalrus9's picture
Villan playlists (what music do you play when you play the game?)

Hey all! So I usually play Sentinels solo, and because I like listening to something, I've been want to listen to pandora when I do so.  I said this in another post, but I found myself listening to "Over the rainbow/ What a wonderful world" when I was fighing Iron Legacy, and I found the juxtapositon to be rather dissonant, and slightly beautiful at the same time, especially with the card "former allies." I thought if anybody else has any sort of playlist to a particular villan. I've thought up a bit of a list for me:

Iron Legacy - Israel "What a wonderful world/ Over the Rainbow," also probably "Requiem for a dream?"

The Dreamer - "Paradise" by Coldplay. Again, that's another rather dissonant one, but I think the ethereal quality of the vocals matches the otherworldly quality of the people the heroes fight.

La Capitan - May be a bit cliche, but the Pirates of the Caribean is quite good, I hear... Although if you're old school, Pirates of Penzance is rather campy enough to fit the theme of a time travelling pirate

Spite - I find the "Hotline Miami" soundtrack to be rather good fit, because the main character of that video game, much like spite, is on a drug-fueled killing spree, and the 80s Techno-Synth vibes portray that beautifully.

That's all I've got now. Do you listen to anything special when you get your game on? 

"An artist's responsibility is to be irresponsible. As soon as you start to think about social or political responsibility, you've amputated the best limbs you've got as an artist."

David Cronenberg

celette482

La Bamba for La Capitan

I tend to go in the other direction and concentrate on having the heroes play awesome songs.

A Real Hero by College

Rolling in the Deep by Adele (Pretty much always with Baron Blade- he really will wish that we'd never shown up)

My songs Know what you did in the dark by Fall Out boy

Touched by VAST

Just to name a few

Nergion
Nergion's picture

Agree with Celette.

N

fenianb

I have a large collection of music loops from City of Heroes that I just put in shuffle.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

For work, I made a soundtrack Pandora station by feeding it John Williams, Hans Zimmer, and James Horner. It generally works great for Sentinels games, too!

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

I usually play multiplayer on Tabletop Simulator.  That’s not to say we don’t have a soundtrack.  The following songs have come up at least once this month:

Big Enough (the part with the screaming sky cowboy)

Yakety Sax

Yee (not the official version, but my live rendition)

That’s all I can think of, but you get the idea.  Memes and weirdness.

Missingno
Missingno's picture

Let's see here, coming from Paper Mario..

Normal Gloomy - Shadow Queen Phase 1

Skinwalker Gloomy - Shadow Queen Phase 2

The Ennead - Huffen N' Puffin

Progeny - Smorg theme

Normal Omni - Magnus Von Grapple

Comic Omni - Boss Grodus

Kargraa - Rawk Hawk

The Chairman - Macho Grubba

La Capitan - Cortez

From Touhou..

The Dreamer - Last Occultism (ULiL eidtion)

Deadline - Nuclear Fusion (SA version)

Normal Spite - Heian Alien

Gloom Spite - U.N. Owen was Her?

I'll put things in here later.