The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Video Game Depth Chart

61 posts / 0 new
Last post
HikariStarshine
Playtester

Huh, I see there's a second time around now, since The Meerkats are on round 28 now.  Mind posting the Advanced chart, Pydro?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Done.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

HikariStarshine
Playtester

Round 4:  Oh man, oh man, that was close.  I'm pretty sure it would've been a total party wipe if I hadn't controlled the order of things at the end.  All heroes down to single-digit HP, Akash at 26 HP with two undamaged Living Rockslides and an undamaged Living Carapace.  Visionary had a Wrest the Mind on the first Living Rockslide and a Twist the Ether on Akash.  And there was a Take Down and a 5HP Explosives Wagon in play, and a single Galvanize.  So, first Living Rockslide (the Wrest the Mind one) goes off, I set the first target to Visionary, and redirect it to the other Living Rockslide. Visionary hits the first one for 5, hits herself for 5 (bringing her down to 4 HP), the second Rockslide gets hit for 4, then I just let the Rockslide do its thing from there and punch everybody...  which brought the Explosives Wagon down to 1 HP.  Then the second Rockslide goes off.  First target? Explosives Wagon.  From here, I can set the order of things.  So, first target is the Rockslide that just went off.  Crushed it (stopping the damage dead in its tracks, though that wouldn't help due to Explosives Wagon), Akash immediately punches herself for 11 damage between the various buffs and debuffs.  Explosives Wagon kills the other Rockslide, Akash hits herself for 11 again... then the Explosives Wagon hits Akash for two instances of 2 damage.  Barely avoided any incaps!

That said, every game seems to be coming closer and closer to losing some heroes.  I don't think I like that.

Final HP:  Legacy 8, Tachyon 5, Fixer 5, Wraith 4, Visionary 4.

Round 5: Another close one, but not quite as much as Akash.  It got a lot easier once Matriarch flipped, though, as I had a Fortitude and a Lead from the Front on Legacy, so he could just soak all the damage from everything.  Bird's doing one damage?  Legacy will take it and ignore it.  Bird died and Carrion Fields is going off?  Legacy soaks it up.  Matriarch is pissed at the lowest-HP person for exploding her birds?  Legacy takes it happily.  And then it just turned into a game of making the damage output outpace the birds coming out, and a Take Down was good for that, especially paired with a Grease Gun to make Legs not even take the damage.

Even so, I had Wraith fire off a 16-damage Inventory Barrage to end it, even though Matriarch was down to 2 HP by that point.  Because dammit, birds.

Final HP: Legacy 9, Tachyon 8, Fixer 9, Wraith 11, Visionary 8.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Round 28, Advanced Plague Rat. This is normally a very fast fight, and the two environment cards that were played - Close Quarters Combat and Rooftop Combat - certainly helped that along. Nothing particularly exciting happened, though an 11-damage Quick Shot was rather nice.

Round 29, Advanced Omnitron. Well that was a rout. My damage dealers got set up quite quickly, and it just... didn't.

Round 30, Deadline. Eh. I hit him until he died.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

HikariStarshine
Playtester

Round 6: Baron Blade is always easy.  I tried for the Final Wasteland Eats Blade method, but the decks didn't cooperate much.  I got a lot of awesome cards in my opening hands for dealing damage, but never got anything in Visionary's hand that would let me manipulate the environment deck.  So I just pummeled him into the ground.

Final HP: Legacy 18, Tachyon 22, Fixer 21, Wraith 21, Visionary 17.

Round 7: I... have no idea how I pulled that off.  I expect it largely involved Fixer punching Gloomy repeatedly with Hoist Chains, Wraith doubling up Stun Bolts, a couple of Take Downs, and appropriately timed Throat Jabs and Hypersonic Assaults.  Also a few Suggestions to make sure that if I needed a brief breather, Gloomy would play a zombie.  Even so, I went into Gloomy's last turn with Tachyon at 2 HP and Fixer at 1... but Gloomy was Throat Jabbed at the time, and then a zombie came out and went to bite an environment target.  Tachyon ended up dealing the death blow with a Sonic Vortex.

Final HP: Legacy 9, Tachyon 3, Fixer 2, Wraith 6, Visionary 5.

HikariStarshine
Playtester

Round 8: I am getting the sense that something very, very bad is going to happen very, very soon.  Every game seems to be lower and lower HP at the end... And this when I used my first Redo, as well, as the *first* attempt at this was a rather rapid total party wipe. So, Infinitor opened with two Ocular Swarms in play, and Crushing Caged Visionary.  But that's OK, Tachy had a Hypersonic Assault in hand!  And... it basically turned into a slugfest.  The only reason I didn't lose both Legacy and Fixer in this round was that I got a last-minute Smoke Bombs into play...

Final HP: Legacy 1, Tachyon 5, Fixer 1, Wraith 4, Visionary 4.

Round 9: Visionary vs. herself!  And... yup, something very bad happened.  I made it *almost* to the end, flipped Dreamer, was up to 6 cards under her... and then Legacy went down.  The rest of the crew rallied and got the win on the following round, but... that's my first casualty.

Final HP: Legacy 0, Tachyon 1, Fixer 1, Wraith 6, Visionary 5.

pricyprovinces
pricyprovinces's picture
Playtester

Well I managed to make it to the advanced levels with only one hero gone but I suspect I will lose many more soon now that i'm in advanced and out of skips but at least it means I will have a change in my team.

if life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon. - the scholar, stranger in a strange world #9

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Completed first ten matches.   Of note was Akash and the Dreamer.   Akash would somehow disrupt the field every time Explosive Wagons came out.  Thankfully it resulted in her room after my mulligan.   For the Dreamer that was just mostly the lowest everyone ended at health wise.   I took a risk that the environment wouldn't hurt the Dreamer on the last round otherwise I woul have lost at least one team member.    Got two Dark Heroes to start but Legacy had Inspiring Presense so it was negated at least but that first round damage was harsh.    I think this is probably one of my few five player Dreamer wins.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

HikariStarshine
Playtester

OK, getting back into this thing after a couple weeks off.

Round 10: Brain Burn is best card.  Seriously, if you want to shut down anything that runs on villain trash, there's nothing quite like it.  Of course, Voss never actually got anything that wasn't a minion out of his deck *anyways*, even without Visionary screwing with it.  And Ra making everyone immune to fire damage was pretty great.  And sticking Mr. Fixer with a no-damage Tendrils attack (thanks, Wraith!) while there were Imbued Fire, Dual Crowbars, Grease Monkey Fist, and Harmony all in play at once and an Overdrive in hand made for an amusing final turn.  Also, Visionary spent most of the game with single-digit help, but Smoke Bombs kept her going despite that.

Final HP: Ra 16, Tachy 15, Fixer 15, Wraith 15, Visionary 8.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Been blasting through this over the weekend and my most recent round completed was an unlikely win against Advanced Citizen Dawn.   The environment was dead set on getting Dawn to flip and only due to Citizen Truth being out did she flip back.  Fortunately by the time she flipped only Citizen Anvil was in her deck of the Citiznes to deal damage and he didn't show up until she flipped back.   After her flip she last only one more round after Tachyon finished her off with two fully powered Lightspeed Barrages.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Pages